“Amazing Villa Amrita”
Review of Villa Amrita

Villa Amrita
Reviewed June 7, 2014

I had the pleaseure of staying at Villa Amrita for 5 nights in May and the experience was amazing. Jon the owner was very helpful pre arrival arranging transfers and restaurant reservations. The Villa is stunning with an amazing pool. All of the staff were very friendly. Nothing was too much trouble. The villa is a quick 15 minute drive out of Ubud. One return complimentary transfer to Ubud per day. The villa is surrounded by rice fields and rainforest with lots of lizards,butterflies and birds. Villa Amrita really is a special place.Very relaxing. Paradise! . If you are thinking of staying,book.You wont be dissapointed.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends

Reviewed March 3, 2014

2 couples. 4 night stay. Entire villa.

Lives up to the pictures and the expectations. The décor and landscaping are outstanding. Service excellent. Staff unobtrusive yet always available and eager to make the stay the best it can be.

Pick up at hotel/ airport and returning us all to the airport was smooth as silk.

An outing to see the sacred spring, the volcano crater and ride bicycles through villages, temples and paddy fields was outstanding. Made, the driver never blinked twice about detouring to an ATM, the supermarket or waiting a bit if we ran late at dinner in Ubud. He even bought us a durian to try it out. The lent cell phone made coordination on excursions a snap. And a day just lazing around the pool was marvelous.

The morning staff does a great job with the plentiful breakfast to order. And in the afternoon Sudana is a joy. We enjoyed our treats at tea time.

Interesting to learn that other Villas have corkerage fees and may not permit delivered food other than what's on their list! None of that here!

There's a massage table on site and the "on call" therapist are very good. Decent facial too...although a pedicure was overenthusiastic.

Would return in a heartbeat if it was 10,140 miles!

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank jwsmd3
Reviewed August 26, 2013

What can I say about this villa? If you haven't booked it , you are missing out on an experience of a lifetime.
The villa is located about a 10 min drive out of Ubud town centre in a most serene atmosphere.
You can enjoy the hustle and bustle of Ubud , knowing that you are staying in likely the best villa around!
The physical beauty of of this villa no doubt adds to its appeal, but I think more so is the staff who run it.
I can't say how impressed I was with Ayu and Sudana and Made. Their hospitality and 7 star service will not be forgotten for years to come by my family.
We look forward to visiting again in the future.

Thanks John for a wonderful family vacation!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank reebs1
Reviewed August 1, 2013

My husband and I along with our friends stayed at the villa Amrita in June 2013. I would like to say that it was a fantastic experience. The location is superb and the design is such that the surroundings are interwoven with the built form. The swimming pool is beautifully placed and being an architect myself , I can say that it couldn't have been better designed. The interiors are also very tasteful and the breakfast really good.

Room Tip: Both the rooms with the balconies are excellent
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Avani_chokshi
Reviewed June 4, 2013

If you want something else than a normal place to stay, try the Villa Amrita! It really was the perfect place to relax and rewind for me. I couldn't have hoped for a better place to stay in Ubud. Although the place is not just within walking distance of Ubud town centre itself, the villa shuttle to Ubud made it easy to go there and come back any time of the day.

I've been extremely impressed of the villa including the private pool. Everything was well decorated, with the attention to detail. Jon, Mark well done! The room with its outside bathroom is stunning. I stayed in the Dhanya room, which is beautiful and has a balcony with a great view over the steeply dropping rice terraces.

Undoubtedly, what finishes the visit here off as an all round very enjoyable stay, is the fantastic staff and mangement with whom nothing is a problem and everything is possible. Special thanks to Ayu, Wayan, Made and Onk. Their smiling faces will make your holiday unforgettable. I will definitely come back, when traveling to Bali and Ubud again!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Thomas S
Reviewed May 14, 2013

I quickly wanted to say a big thank you to the staff at vill Amrita who made our stay so special....it was my parents first time to bali and they have not stopped talking about Amrita... I have stayed in bali many,many times and i have to say John and the staff at Amrita have perfected what i would say is an amazing environment for visitors to enjoy what the best of bali has to offer..
The villa is about 10 mins from ubud and they provide a driver (who i have to say is a such a wonderful person and an asset to the villa). The surroundings are lush and peaceful.....set within the jungle and rice fields. Below the villa is a winding path to a river with a natural spring which is a source of drinking,washing water for the local villages. I could go on and on about what i loved about the villa but all i can say is if you are considering staying here you will not be disappointed... Thanks John and it was lovely to meet you before we left, we wish you all the best.

Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank llisae
Reviewed May 14, 2013

We spent three nights at Amrita Villa, and wished we (me, my husband, my 74 yr old father-in-law, my two children 4 and 2 yrs old) could have stayed longer! It's 10-15 mins (scenic) drive from Ubud. The owner and staff were extremely accommodating and friendly, but unintrusive. The rooms sophisticated, yet comfortable, and very clean. This together with the stunning pool and tranquil surrounds made this little oasis the absolute highlight of our two week trip to Bali. Breakfast was prepared on site, and lunch and dinners brought in (if requested) from a local restaurant - the local dishes tasty, and simply but beautifully prepared. The pool is unfenced, so take swim vests for little kids. Don't be concerned by the dodgy road and driveway leading to Villa Amrita. Once through the entrance, you are in a little haven!

• Stayed: May 2013