Book In Advance

from $62.50
More Info
from $45.00
More Info
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed August 4, 2017

Great village with beautiful temples, nice people, good food and amazing waterfalls. Far from noise. Just birds, beautiful roads and view.

Reviewed July 28, 2017 via mobile

Really nice area, pretty calm and a lot of jungle! Recommend to walk around as the surroundings is pretty amazing.

Reviewed July 8, 2017 via mobile

Holy Water Sebatu could be a beautiful place. It's nice and calm and less touristy than many other places in that area. But unfortunately I couldn't enjoy it because seeing roosters and other birds in tiny cages and showing abnormal and stereotypic behaviour like pacing made me very sad and angry!

2  Thank Lara S
Reviewed March 5, 2017

The little waterfall of Sebatu is such a perfect place. Pure and clean water flows down from the mountain down into the little shady valley and comes in to a little pool. You can step into the cool water for purification. Next to it is a little temple. Close to the waterfall is the nice and old waterpalace of Sebatu. Quiet place here, not many tourists.

Reviewed December 2, 2016

My friend & I were given a sarong each to cover our body before entering the temple.

When I first entered the place, I saw roosters being kept in small cages around the temple. It was totally a pitiful sight, yet I felt calm & at peace looking at the surroundings. I may have felt a twinge of anger but it disappeared fast. Strange.

The temple has many ponds. Some were equipped with statues & some had lotus plants in them. There was also an area where locals use the ponds like a swimming pool back home. They would bathe in it with the belief that they are bathing in holy spring water to cleanse away their sins.

Overall, it was an OK visit.

1  Thank Wildcat7400
Reviewed November 23, 2016

This is one of my favorite temple. Lovely water temple covered by the moss surrounded by dense vegetation where there are beautiful ponds with Lotus flowers, gold fishes and beautiful statues and sculptures.

Reviewed November 3, 2016 via mobile

This is a wonderful spiritual place to visit. I saw a few people going in without a guide. Whilst I can appreciate some people do not like to not fork out for a guide this is one place you benefit from one. There are three places on the way down to the springs where you stop and make blessings. Then there is a special way to present yourself to the waterfall. The guide will show you the way and take blessings with you. If you want the full story and blessings pay for a guide it won't cost the earth and the benefit to you enormous

2  Thank lynette f
Reviewed September 4, 2016 via mobile

Heard from some people this place is the place for ablutions, because i was curious i came. Cold air and quiet place made me enjoyed this beautiful place. If you want to go to the tample, just prepare your self, minimal water, but trust me...you will enjoy this place

1  Thank Seilakinan
Reviewed September 3, 2016

I went with some friend right down into the gorge to see the sacred falls. I lost count of the number of steps down... there are a lot! But so worth the effort to see this place. Bring suitable clothing, and go into the water, under the falls ... but take care as the water drops with tremendous force. It is considered to be a place of purification, and indeed feels this way. An inspiring day out.

1  Thank Whitestarlion
Reviewed January 27, 2016

My husband and I stayed at the village of Sebatu at our first night in Bali. The hotel was at Puri Gangga which was just lovely and went perfect with the charm of the village. I chose to stay in the area, which is 30 mins outside of Ubud, due to being away from the crowds. Also chose to stay in the area to be closer to Northern Bali, for exploring it's waterfalls, rice fields, and volcanoes. One day we walked from our hotel to visit the Sebatu Temple and we had the best experience hanging out with the locals. There is a holy water area where women on one side and men on the other take bathes and play in the cold water. I wasn't going to get in at first but a local woman smiled at me and encouraged me to get in. It was such an awesome experience!
After three nights here we moved onto Ubud, and we truly missed the area. At Sebatu you get to truly surround yourself and experience the Bali culture, which is really the best part about traveling the world.

4  Thank Ashley555