“Great place to stay for the price”
Review of Villa Aruna

and 1 more site!
Villa Aruna
Hong Kong, China
“Great place to stay for the price”
Reviewed November 4, 2013

You don't come to Ubud for sun & beach otherwise you would go to Nusa Dua; nor do you come here for party otherwise you would go to Kuta. You come to this city for it's culture, art and tranquility, and that's why we chosed to stay in this small but nice villa beside a rice field in the suburb of Ubud.

Don't expect luxury facilities for this price but everything was in good condition during our stay there. There was no TV in our villa, but it didn't bother us too much since we would not understand the programmes anyway...

The biggest issue might be the transport from/to Ubud, but do ask for the manager for help. He was very kind and helpful in getting us rides in lowest price and providing us with advice regarding transport and restaurants. You don't find easily this kind of information / service on your first trip there. The stay was worth the price for us.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Ricky C

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Tromso, Norway
Reviewed September 3, 2013

This villa is really quite remote and difficult to get to and you should definitely get a local driver to take you there. However once you get there, the hotel staff will happily arrange for a driver to take you to Ubud at your preferred time for 60,000 IDR. Driving time from the villa to Ubud center is about 15 minutes, and I definitely recommend driving or hiring a driver if you're staying here.

But other than the location, Villa Aruna is easily one of the most enchanting villas I've stayed in. The villas are very spacious and my 1 room villa came with a huge and comfortable king size bed, jacuzzi, outdoor shower (really nice in the day) and an outdoor kitchenette. There was WIFI in our room too.

The villa does not have its own restaurant but the staff will gladly order food from a nearby restaurant for you and lay the table for you right outside your room so you can enjoy the view of the rice fields or moonlight while having your meal.

I have to say that hotel staff are extremely attentive and incredibly nice. We removed the mosquito repellent from the plugs near our bed in order to charge our laptops, and the next day I returned to the villa to find that the hotel staff had set up the repellent somewhere else in the room so we can continue using the plugs nearest to our bed while being protected by mosquitos. The villa is surrounded by nature so I expected a lot more bugs and mosquitos (I attract mosquitos like crazy) and was surprised that we mostly only had the occasional lone lizard in the room. I have no idea how they do it. The room was also way cleaner than I expected for a place so surrounded by nature and with a semi-outdoor bathroom.

I'm deathly afraid of insects and yet I would definitely return to this villa next time I'm in Ubud. Highly recommended it to those who enjoy quiet and privacy!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Veronism
Tromsø, Norway
Reviewed August 25, 2013

The villa was a bit hard to find. It's very remote and therefore quiet. Don't come here if you want to stay in a party area. Also don't come here if you are afraid of bugs and lizards. There was a lizard one and a half times as big as my hand + fingers in our room on the ceiling. That's what you get when you are staying in nature. Other than that not there were not many bugs in the room. Maybe the monster lizard protected us. ;-) You have a kitchen outside, an outdoor shower and bath tub. They order food from a nearby restaurant for you for breakfast and dinner. The guy working there was very nice. It was really a dream stay. Only the wifi was horribly slow!

If you like being all by yourself in a place surrounded by nature and green rice fields, come here!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank thomashunger
Beijing, China
Reviewed August 20, 2013

My family ( my husbande and I, my mama and the 12 year old boy ) stayed in Villa aruna at the end of July 2013. It was a beautiful memory. The location is not close to the centre of the Ubud but if you are chasing a quiet and relax holiday here it is. The villa is kept well and very clean, very very very big with nice garden and terrace around. You hear dogs, frogs, gekos, all sorts of singings around you. We don't want to leave there even on minutes when we stayed there. Mika and his team are so freindly and professional. Since it is in the middle of the mountain so it is cooler than the centre. The breakfast is good too. Wayan is a shy but very nice boy who helps you everything you need. The lunch and dinner was ordered and sent from outside with reasonable price. If you want to go to the city centre, it costs 12 usd to go and back with the car supplied by the villa. But we were trying to stay in the villa as long as possible because it is so nice and cool. Will be back defenitely. Take care Mika, Wayan, and Ketut. See you next time!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Lucy M
Byron Bay, Australia
Reviewed March 24, 2013

Villa Aruna is magical in every way. The gardens are wonderful, the pool so nice, the rice fields around the property are out of a picture book and then at dusk the fire flys come and join you for a drink.
Mika was just the perfect host/manager. He made sure every single detail was attended to and we were comfortable every day. He organised tours and bikes and gave us all the hot tips for local shopping. Having said this, all staff was fantastic - they just made our stay so perfect and special. i can not say enough about our experience here.
It is also just a short bike ride to Ubud. You pass the most amazing little villages, with just the most amazing and wonderful local food. The kids running around playing in the narrow dirt tracks and coming home from the river after a good bath. Simply magic.

Room Tip: Heres a tip, find yourself a room (any room) at Villa Aruna and you will have made the right decisio...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank emmasmith2
Singapore
Reviewed December 10, 2012

Oh I am the first reviewer? Anyway, I've just came back from Bali and the stay at Villa Aruna made it more difficult for me to leave the place.

Firstly, Aruna isn't exactly in Ubud central, but it's only a short 15 minutes drive away. Every morning, I'm greeted by the amazing sunrise in the village, with roosters crowing. The breakfast prepared by the staff is wholesome and yummy! Villa Aruna is nestled in a village and our neighbours were padi fields and padi fields. in the afternoon, i would lie in the placebo to read or chill in the pool and stare out to the padi fields.

The house is super big, clean and beautiful! I love it so much that I didn't mind spending the whole day at home. (yep we rather stayed at home than go to ubud town) Some people might think that the distance from Ubud central is a minus on the location. Personally, I love how far away we are from town because it was truly a retreat back to nature. no sound of running engines/ machines.

Ubud/Tegallalang shows you the real Bali. The villagers are extremely friendly. The next time I go to Bali, I definitely would not miss a stay at Aruna.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank jenzhenning
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tegalalang
The Kampung Resort Ubud
#104 of 196 in Ubud
Puri Sebatu Resort
Puri Sebatu Resort
#1 of 2 in Tegalalang

Been to Villa Aruna? Share your experiences!