My wife and I have just returned from 9 wonderful nights at Alam Ubud and wanted to share our experiences. First of all this is a place to relax and recuperate, so if you're looking for the hustle and bustle you would be better off to find a hotel in the heart of Ubud.
There are only 14 Villas here, and consequently it feels very private and peaceful.
We stayed at the very bottom villa, Bima 4 which was a few extra steps up and down, but worth it, in that we had the bottom pool to ourselves most days as other guests used the closer top pool. The sound of the river lulled us to sleep every night, and we awoke refreshed and invigorated.
It was about 50 steps from our Bima to the half way point, where you could get a buggy up to the top.
I'm sixty and initially huffed and puffed on the stairs for the first day or so, but turned it around and looked at it as well needed exercise to work off calories from all the wonderful food we ate.
Speaking of food, the Hotel food was adequate but you're better off to catch the 3pm shuttle and eat in some of the wonderful restaurants in Ubud. One night we had 2 entrees, 2 mains, 2 cocktails and 2 Orange juices for $28 Aud!! Then we caught a taxi back to the villa for $8 for a grand total of $36, try doing that in Melbourne!
Best of all were the staff. Friendly, always smiling and attentive to all your needs. We had a faulty DVD Player, it was replaced within minutes. The staff always respected your privacy and cleaned your room usually while you had breakfast.
You can book many activities through the Hotel but we found it cheaper to shop around on-line.
For example we did whitewater rafting for $33 each as opposed to $79 if you book through the Hotel.
We would like to give a special thank you to Puspa for her wonderful hospitality, and helping to
make it a wonderful experience.
We will return at our earliest opportunity.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Alam Ubud is not only a resort but a new place for the Indonesian culture in the surrounding of Ubud area. Located at the amazing river valley and tropical forest, only minutes away from the centre of Ubud Bali, Alam Ubud spaciously set within a 4 hectare river villa and garden landscape. The scenery along the road from center of Ubud the Alam Ubud area is an observation and culture environment. So, you can imagine the location is very unique and special in Ubud. In every terrace and garden area you also can find old culture from Java island and some of culture that date back to the 15th century until the 19th century we found in area of Villas. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Agoda, Orbitz, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, HostelWorld, Travelocity, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Alam Ubud Culture Villas & Residences reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Alam Ubud Culture Villas And Residences
- Alam Ubud Culture Villas & Residences Hotel Tegalalang
- Alam Ubud Culture Villas & Residences Bali/Tegalalang