Date of Stay : 28-30 Nov 2013
I have to say.. this hidden gen simply grows on you.
We arrived in the evening and it was raining. As usual, the insects (those flying ants) come out at night.. even more so since it was raining. Our kids (age 7, 6 and 1.5) were horrified and I have to admit, as they finally fell asleep, I began to wonder if we could survive the 2 nights we have planned to stay there. For me and wifey, having grown up in the kampong when we were young, this place brings back fond memories. But for our city-kids, this is a culture shock!
The next day, it was raining. Wife and I woke up in the morning hoping to catch the sunrise but we found hundreds (if not thousands) of the dead flying ants on the floor and on the toilet seat. I quickly swept the insects away before the kids wake up. But the minute we set foot in the restaurant for bfast, we (the kids) totally forgot abt the insects, etc. Breakfast was simple but tasty. The food (for bfast, lunch and dinner) was prepared fresh. The veges were freshly plucked and cooked. Veges never taste this great in my whole life.. and I'm not saying this as an exaggerated tourist. By the 2nd day, the kids are getting used to the place. Those with stronger legs can try the hiking. As for me, we decided to venture ourselves to the waterhole.. about a 15min walk down.. with deep and slippery steps all the pay. 15mins walk up the steps back to our lodge and I have legs that are still aching even after 1 week.
The 3rd day, we managed to do what we had planned when we were here - to pass donations of soccer boots, balls, board games, etc to the nearby village school. The look we saw on the kids' faces when we opened up the luggage full of gifts.. was priceless. It was also durin gthis 3rd day here that the kids felt that they did not want to go home. That was why I say that this place grows on you. The longer you stay here.. the more you will love this place.
To be surrounded by nature.. and to give back to the village.. is definitely an emotional and unforgettable experience. I want my kids to learn and appreciate life.. and I'm confident that after this trip.. they have taken a lot more that what they have given. The best way to appreciate life.. is to live it!!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sarinbuana Eco lodge is the pioneer of Eco Tourism in Bali. This internationally Award winning Eco Lodge, offers you a retreat into nature. With 5 uniquely hand crafted bungalows set in tropical organic gardens, amazing mountain & forested valley views. Surrounded by fruit, trees coffee, cocoa, vanilla & rice paddy's. Delicious Organic local Balinese, Raw food & Western dishes sourced from our gardens, workshops with our local villagers, Mountain, Rainforest, Temple, Rice paddy and "food forest" walks, fresh mountain water pools. Practice yoga in our "treetop" yoga shala, mountain bike to the beach. Enjoy a massage or take a cooking class. Perfect for Nature loving: Couples, Families, Solo travellers, Honeymooners, group retreats & for all those who would like to be a part of this vibrant traditional culture, while treading lightly on the earth. Winner of the Wild forest award & Wild Asia Eco Lodge of the year Award, and 2 time nominee for the Virgin Sustainable Tourism Award. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Priceline, Expedia, Booking.com, Agoda and TripOnline SA so you can book your Sarinbuana Eco Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sarinbuana Eco Hotel Tabanan
- Sarinbuana Eco Lodge Bali/Tabanan