This was the highlight of a holiday. A wonderful place that really allowed us to get a good sense of Bali's people and culture.
We stayed in the Orchid Bungalow which was private, peaceful and very romantic. We had hoped to get a bigger bungalow but actually, for the 2 of us this was absolutely perfect.
The food is incredible - whether it's the specials prepared each night or the regular menu. Quality and freshness absolutely on a par with or superior to food back home (but of course with a fabulous balinese twist).
Staff were very friendly and professional - helping us organise our activities each day. And there's plenty to do. We did a tour of the vegetable garden, medicinal herbs, a rainforest trek and a massage or four.
You don't need to be deeply committed to eco-principles to enjoy this place (but if you are, you'll love it). We loved the sunsets, the fresh air, the pleasant cooler air in the mountains (but not too cool), the afternoon rains (we went in rainy season), the wonderful birds (bring binoculars) and generally just being in the most beautiful, natural location.
If we ever decide it's worth a return trip to Bali (unfortunately have to think of our carbon footprint) then we would come back here in a flash.
The only bit we felt slightly uncomfortable about were the prices of food. It was completely affordable to us. And the money is going to a good place and helping the local community. BUT it's so far above local prices we felt embarrassed splashing more on an evening meal than a local might earn in a month. It's not a unique issue to the lodge, but one that we felt uncomfortable with.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sarinbuana Eco lodge is the pioneer of Eco Tourism in Bali. This internationally Award winning Eco Lodge, offers you a retreat into nature. With 5 uniquely hand crafted bungalows set in tropical organic gardens, amazing mountain & forested valley views. Surrounded by fruit, trees coffee, cocoa, vanilla & rice paddy's. Delicious Organic local Balinese, Raw food & Western dishes sourced from our gardens, workshops with our local villagers, Mountain, Rainforest, Temple, Rice paddy and "food forest" walks, fresh mountain water pools. Enjoy a massage or take a cooking class. Perfect for Nature loving: Couples, Families, Solo travelers, Honeymooners, group retreats & for all those who would like to be a part of this vibrant traditional culture, while treading lightly on the earth. Winner of the Wildforest award 2013, 2007 & 2010 Wild Asia Eco Lodge of the year Award, and 2 time nominee for the Virgin Sustainable Tourism Award - Best accommodation for a community category. Sarinbuana Eco Lodge has lead the way in developing Sustainable Eco Tourism in Bali, pioneering social and environmental programs that have set new standards for viable, responsible & hotel management in Bali. Our recent consultancy projects are: Bali Eco beach house, Loola Bintan Island, Fresh Bali, Sumber Sari Eco Villas & Bali Eco Stay. New Retreat Bamboo bale for workshops, groups and yoga space. Daily Yoga classes at 7am & 5pm ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Sarinbuana Eco Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sarinbuana Eco Hotel Tabanan
- Sarinbuana Eco Lodge Bali/Tabanan