I came here to find a remote, peaceful and relaxing place.. Wanting to shed the stress, recharge the battery, do some contemplating and reflecting and in general just be very lazy. I had absolutely no problem doing that here!
I wasn't familiar with the whole eco thing and was afraid it might be a bit over the top for me.. But I was wrong.. It's just a business like any other, with the difference that they operate more consciously and have more goals besides that of growing their own wallet (like growing their own foods ;-)
I love how the owners Norm & Linda managed to put up a comfortable place that's in complete harmony with it's surroundings, in terms of nature, design, environment, people, etc..Having stayed at many places around Bali before, hoping to find that 'Bali paradise' thing that's being advertised, this is the first time I've had the feeling of a true little paradise!
I could spend hours on the veranda, overlooking the treetops.. feeling a fresh mountain breeze, seeing the busy south in a far distance and only being surrounded by a tropical garden & forest, hearing the sounds of beetles, the pair of gecko's below the terrace, the distinct sound of a tockay in the distance and all the other life surrounding me..
If you want some action, there's plenty of things they can arrange for you..From tours, jungle treks to all kinds of workshops. Also for the kids there's a lot of cool things to do.
I got to brush up my cooking skills and learned about the Balinese language and alphabet. Oh, and the massages were heavenly :)
And yes, you are surrounded by nature, so there's a lot of bugs too.. I've seen creatures I never knew existed and is was fascinating to see them move around.. The big spiders in my bathroom were shocking, but were actually more afraid of me then I was of them.. And as long as you keep your windows closed at night, you won't have any problems with flying things.. Any creepers that do bother you will be quickly relocated by the staff.. Because of the high location there's a lot less mosquito's here then in other places on Bali..
The food is awesome.. Among the best indonesian food I've ever had.. All fresh and local ingredients, which you can taste with every bite you take.
The staff is warm and friendly and will go out of their way to make your stay pleasant.
I stayed at Rumah Manis which has a great view and a perfect bed (i slept nearly 10 hours every night). The minibar is stocked with goodies and if you need a different place to lie down there's a great daybed inside the house.
This place is not for everybody.. If you fancy nusa dua resorts or expect a cold towel upon arrival and flowers on your bed, better go somewhere else. If you want to experience authentic Bali you should definitely give this place a try!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sarinbuana Eco lodge is the pioneer of Eco Tourism in Bali. This internationally Award winning Eco Lodge, offers you a retreat into nature. With 5 uniquely hand crafted bungalows set in tropical organic gardens, amazing mountain & forested valley views. Surrounded by fruit, trees coffee, cocoa, vanilla & rice paddy's. Delicious Organic local Balinese, Raw food & Western dishes sourced from our gardens, workshops with our local villagers, Mountain, Rainforest, Temple, Rice paddy and "food forest" walks, fresh mountain water pools. Enjoy a massage or take a cooking class. Perfect for Nature loving: Couples, Families, Solo travelers, Honeymooners, group retreats & for all those who would like to be a part of this vibrant traditional culture, while treading lightly on the earth. Winner of the Wildforest award 2013, 2007 & 2010 Wild Asia Eco Lodge of the year Award, and 2 time nominee for the Virgin Sustainable Tourism Award - Best accommodation for a community category. Sarinbuana Eco Lodge has lead the way in developing Sustainable Eco Tourism in Bali, pioneering social and environmental programs that have set new standards for viable, responsible & hotel management in Bali. Our recent consultancy projects are: Bali Eco beach house, Loola Bintan Island, Fresh Bali, Sumber Sari Eco Villas & Bali Eco Stay. New Retreat Bamboo bale for workshops, groups and yoga space. Daily Yoga classes at 7am & 5pm ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, TripOnline SA and Booking.com so you can book your Sarinbuana Eco Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sarinbuana Eco Hotel Tabanan
- Sarinbuana Eco Lodge Bali/Tabanan