“Simply the Garden of Eden !”
other travelers have booked this property

Review of Shanti Lodge Bali

Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Inquiry
Excellent
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

French first
Any
436pierre...
Brussels, Belgium
“Simply the Garden of Eden !”
Reviewed November 9, 2015 for a stay in October 2015

Five minutes drive from the main road of Bali and its heavy traffic ! And suddenly,behind a last bend,you discover an other world where there is no place for any kind of stress...where everything has been thought for your serenity and where you just let yourself go to your own rhythm...A few days of such Zen attitude boost you for a while...!

Date of stay: October 2015
Traveling group: Solo
Your age range 50-64
Matheo_de...
Montreal, Canada
“Bali at its finest !”
Reviewed October 28, 2015 for a stay in August 2015

Shanti Lodge was the ultimate perfect stop after a month of backpacking across Indonesia!
I have been lucky enough to have traveled quite a bit and stayed in a lot of different places but Shanti Lodge has been like no others: an absolutely unique and incredible experience.
Everything is perfect and beautiful, from its bedrooms facing rice fields (showering while watching the sun rising is a must) to the magical infinity swimming pool.
The staff has been extremely kind to us; they will assist you in planning any types of excursions or even for a massage/yoga class next to the swimming pool (really worth it !).
The cook Koko is exceptionally talented, I don't think there are any words to describe how delicious and tasty every single dish is! The bread is homemade everyday and all vegetables/fruits come directly from the market.
After spending 3 days at Shanti Lodge I felt totally re-energized and relaxed, ready to start a new year!
I don't think my Indonesian trip would have been the same without the Shanti Lodge experience!
I strongly suggest to anyone staying in Bali to experience at least 1 night at Shanti Lodge, I promise you won't regret it!

Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children Large groups
Luanasalt...
Montreal, Canada
“A Little Moment in Paradise”
Reviewed October 26, 2015 for a stay in August 2015
person found this review helpful

Shanti Lodge is a dreamy place in the middle of rice fields and a lush forest. It is the ideal place to relax and reenergise.
The staff is amazing and the chef, 'coco', will make every single meal a true delight. Also, for surf fanatics, the house is only few minutes away from the perfect Balian Beach break.
I strongly recommend Shanti Lodge; you will not find a better place to experience the magic and beauty of the island.

Liked best: The scenery
Liked least: Nothing
Leo M
Denpasar, Indonesia
“Dream like experience, Couldn't ask for more”
Reviewed October 25, 2015 for a stay in July 2015

I arrived at Shanti Lodge just after sunset. Nice light up to the buildings and kind and helpful staff's smile could tell, my stay is going to be a good one.

But I was wrong.

When I woke up, I've got slapped by this gobsmacking view. Untouched true side of bali's nature.

I could hear the cows and birds in distance made the best BGM for the morning.

I strolled towards the kitchen, was thinking about making a coffee but then this smell. Smell of the freshly toasted bread. I usually do not have a breakfast but I could not resist to eat the toasts with whatever styled eggs you could ask for and of course, fresh tropical fruits.
I still remember that I was thinking what accomplishment did I make in my life to deserve this.

After breakfast, I went over to the poolside and read my book and dipped in the pool. Big swimming pool is located on the small hill part of the property and I was looking down and found this small hut type of house. I walked over and found the nicest toilet of the lodge. I'm not joking, if you are reading this review you have got to go check the view from the toilet.

For lunch and dinner, my favorite chef of all time, Koko prepares the amazing dish. I just simply wanna hire him for my private cook. But I didn't. Not just yet. While you are staying in Shanti Lodge, do not go out for meal. Eat in.
He speaks really well english as well and he can sort you out for rental motor bike, yoga teacher delivery to the lodge, massage and many other things.

So my expectation that "my stay was gonna be a good one", I was really wrong. My stay was way beyond good, I don't know if the word exceptional would be enough to explain to you how memorable, impressed to the core and how much I fell in Love with Shanti Lodge.

If you get to meet Koko, please tell him that I said hi :)

Date of stay: July 2015
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Spacious garden and the beautiful scenery
Liked least: That I'm not the owner
Vanessa C
Bethesda, Maryland
“Picture Comfort. Open your eyes to Shanti Lodge.”
Reviewed October 24, 2015 for a stay in August 2015

Peaceful, Bright, Delicious.
Shanti Lodge is the essence of comfort.
Attention to detail is core to your stay, from the stylish decor to the craft soaps.
Every meal is a culinary delight, enchanting your tastebuds without compromising your figure.
The personnel is what makes this stay exceptional. Adept mind readers, a genuine smile accompanies every request.

It is elegant, and it is pure,
It is in harmony with nature.

What truly makes this villa magical is the balance one finds at Shanti Lodge.
There is no hint of negativity, nor any feature overdone.

All I can add, is I cannot wait to return.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The atmosphere of tranquility
Liked least: absolutely nothing.
lalu877
London, United Kingdom
“An enchanting oasis of beauty and tranquillity”
Reviewed October 23, 2015 for a stay in October 2015

Shant Lodge Bali is an enchanting oasis of beauty and tranquillity that will leave you simply breathless.

Located near Soka on 2.5 hectares of land, it's just 5 minutes from the beach, and about an hour and a half by car to other attractions such Ubud and Semanyak. However, once there you're not going to want to leave.

Everything about the place and service is simply 5 star (I would give it more if I could). The accommodation is extremely comfortable, spacious and beautifully decorated - with attention paid to the smallest details; it's just waiting to be featured in some glossy interiors or travel magazine! The surrounding garden / land is well maintained and the 20m infinity pool is a must for early morning swims in the cool of the day - or for watching the sun set, with a cold one in hand.

The staff were amazing too - very friendly and able to help us with requests such as hiring motorbikes to explore the local beaches, temples and countryside (a must do) - as well as accompanying us to the local market to hunt down presents. And as one previous reviewer has already noted - the food, prepared by Koko is uh-mazing!!

We stayed for just under two weeks and my only regret is that we had to leave to come home.

Don't hesitate - book this place if you are looking for somewhere. I can't recommend it enough.

Date of stay: October 2015
How easy was it to book the property? Overall condition of the property
Bedding & mattresses Bathroom cleanliness
Ottawa, Canada
“Peaceful, Beautiful....absolute Magic”
Reviewed September 21, 2015 for a stay in July 2015
person found this review helpful

My stay at Shanti lodge felt like a dream. The accommodations alone are enough for me to give a review rated "excellent." However the staff is what makes the stay exceptional. The chef "coco" accommodates for all dietary needs (vegetarian, gluten-free, etc.). Each meal is prepared with love and care and you can taste the results. Furthermore, each staff member is extremely friendly, approachable and greets you with a warm smile. The surrounding areas in Baliean include the perfect surfer beach and scenic motorbike roads. I truly found my experience amazing and would recommend Shanti lodge too all my friends and family!

Date of stay: July 2015
Liked best: The cook
Liked least: Nothing!
Your age range 18-24
Large groups People with pets
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing