We stayed in a family room at the Pan Pacific Nirwana Resort for 5 nights in June 2014. Overall, we found the resort to be beautifully appointed with great swimming pools, high quality accommodation and beautiful surrounds. Writing this review for the benefit of other families: we are family of 4 with 2 girls aged 7 and 4.
* Family Room: suited us perfectly and was excellent for accommodating a family of 4 all in one room. The kids loved the bunk beds which are located in a small alcove and separated from the main bed by a wall. (N.B. - the bunk beds are only 120cm long therefore they will only suit kids up to a certain age/size)
* Water slides: the resort water slides are fantastic, with the main slide being a genuinely exciting waterslide of approx 50m. The kids spent hours on the slides.
* Grounds and surrounding area: surrounded by a golf course and overlooking a rugged part of the coastline (no beach to swim at), the resort grounds are meticulously maintained and have stunning views
* Quiet: whilst only 55km north of Kuta, on Balinese roads this is almost equivalent to being in another state, so after the noise and chaos of Kuta, it was nice to escape to some peace and quiet.
* Tanah Lot: is a beautiful Balinese temple and is walking distance from the resort. Lots of markets surrounding Tanah Lot.
--Not So Good--
* Distance: whilst the distance from the hustle and bustle of Kuta is nice, it is also significant. It will take approximately 1.5 - 2 hours to travel from Kuta/Airport to the Pan Pacific such is the state of Balinese roads and traffic. This means the resort is very isolated from Kuta and Seminyak which can be both good and bad.
* Resort Staff: whilst generally friendly we did find the resort staff to be more focused on their jobs at hand rather than accommodating resort guests, i.e. "must pack up all the pool area at precisely 6pm, despite this being in the middle of happy hour around the pool bar"; "only one person serving at the reception desk, despite a queue of guests and other staff being around"; "no copies of the resort activity sheet...which sound a little like of we try to avoid running activities if we at all can"
* Pool Depth: all the resort pools are the same depth of 120cm which can be challenging for children under the age of 8.
* Resort Restaurant Prices: whilst the resort restaurants are all good quality you do pay a price for the fact that you are entrapped in the resort. Whilst the prices are not outrageous (prices akin to Australian restaurants), they do feel steep compared to the rest of Bali (double to triple). The resort restaurants quote their prices ex-tax which means there's often a nasty surprise of +21% on the bill.
* Bus: there is a resort bus which offers a transfer service to Seminyak, however this is a single bus doing a loop service which means for the return from Seminyak to the Pan Pacific, the bus travels all the way to Kuta before making a return journey (circa 2 hours)
* Additional Charges: the resort does give the overall feel of taking advantage of it's remoteness by way of trying to charge for everything, i.e. the kids climbing gym is not free and is fact quite pricey.
So in summary, the Pan Pacific is a very nice resort which where the pool water slide is the highlight, but we would not stay again due to feeling of being entrapped in a remote location and as a result having to pay the price.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience a flawless getaway in paradise against the dramatic backdrop of Bali’s iconic Tanah Lot Temple and the Indian Ocean.Pan Pacific Nirwana Bali Resort unveiled a brand new experience for guests with a US$10 million refurbishment of its 278 guest rooms including luxury suites and villas, restaurants, bars and event spaces completed in 2011. The renewed resort, complemented by the uncomplicated service and premium offerings synonymous with the Pan Pacific brand, will enable guests to enjoy enriching and unrivalled experiences.Experience the best location to enjoy a remarkable sunset in Bali with dramatic views of Bali’s iconic Tanah Lot temple, Indian Ocean, rice paddies, Greg Norman golf course and lush tropical gardens. In the resort, you can enjoy cycling around the resort grounds and the Bali countryside, a sunset walking experience with 103 hectares manicured gardens, spa indulgence at the Bale with endless view of the Indian Ocean, exquisite culinary offerings, relax by the three-tiered swimming pools with a 54-metre water slide, and many more activities awaits you. Complimentary shuttle service to Kuta and Seminyak is also provided.Children staying in the resort will be able to enjoy a wide-range of kid-friendly activities and experiences such as; painting, Balinese dancing, jungle gym, tennis, golf, Wii video games at Kids Club and Family Rooms or even join the fun environment activity of baby sea turtle release at the resort beach.Recently, Nirwana Bali Golf Club at Pan Pacific Nirwana Bali Resort received prestigious recognition as Asia’s 10 Most Elite Golf Courses by FORBES Travel Guide, voted 100 Best Golf Course outside the US (no 66) and No 1 Golf Course in Indonesia by Golf Digest-US and Indonesia’s Leading Golf Resort (2010, 2011, and 2012) and Indonesia’s Leading Spa Resort (2012) by World Travel Awards. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Hotwire, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Pan Pacific Nirwana Bali Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pan Pacific Nirwana Bali Hotel Tabanan
- Pan Pacific Nirwana Bali Resort Tabanan