We stayed in a beautiful slightly older 3 bed, Villa on the golf course. Sleeps 8 in comfort, couldn't fault how clean it was, the a/c, wifi, cook, housekeeper, golf buggy, laundry service, massages they booked. Plenty of room for family dinners inside or out and 2 king size day beds and a plunge pool. Never had a problem getting our 'resident' discount at the resort facilities or golf course. With a full kitchen and 3.5 baths, 2 lounges and 2 dining and a massive master suite. Our bathrooms were about 15 years old, but so clean it didn't worry anyone that the toilet flush and the plugs occasionally malfunctioned. We loved watching the golf from our upstairs outdoor lounge/dining and relaxing area.
We stayed 14 days and as a family the 500 m walk to the main pools was for us an activitiy in itself. We mostly came home for lunch. We enjoyed the 20 min walk (we were on the opposite side of the golf course to Tanah Lot) and there are many little cafe's along the cliff top path for those who don't want to eat at the resort all the time. I don't understand the people who say they is no where cheap to eat or buy water? They can either shuttle or walk to Tanah Lot very easily. Our cook did all our shopping but I did walk through these cafe's many times.
Love the pools, comfy lounge chairs, the ping pong table by the pool, choice of books left behind by others. Had 2 or 3 lunches at the grill by the pool, very nice and service was good as well as the stunning views. The large dinning room at the resort would not be for me. And yes it is a huge resort so you will have to do some walking to get from place to place.
You can walk around the golf course at any time, as long as you keep to the path and don't go across a game in progress. That is standard behaviour for all golf courses. Fees are high, but the course is worth it.
The resort does offer international prices for food and drink but I would expect that in an international resort of this standard. I personally don't like buffet's and having to eat out every day over a few weeks which is why we always get villas. Our food prices for 5 of us were about $50 a day. Choice is a little more limited than what the hotel has to offer as it is bought locally and not imported food. But was always freshly caught fish and simple fruits and veg. I did take in 20kg of imported foods and cheese some NZ steak and lamb and coffee but could have done without all of these things and been quite happy. We had candles, mosquito coils, and floral arrangements around the house and beautifully set tables. We could cook for ourselves if we wanted.
Played tennis, husband had masssages in the wellness spa and used the gym and golfed. Kids used the paint ball - they were the only customers but that didn't worry them. We went to a turtle release evening (tip if budget a problem you don't have to buy a turtle per person, you can buy one or two per family). We spent the whole day getting names for ours.
Our cook at the house did simple food well. We had cooked breakfast, lunch and dinner and there was filtered water on tap all the time. No one got sick in 14 days so hygiene was great.
The views here are magnificient. For anyone planning to go here are some facts about the place.
It is an hour out of Kuta, but if you choose here you probably did because you don't want touts and the madness of it all. My tip, choose one day to go in and make it a long day. If you want to go to restaurants in Kuta and Seminyak this isn't the place for you.
There are plent of temples (11) to visit on the grounds if you want a temple
Look at renting a private villa with cook, housekeeper, gardener if there are a few of you, the total nightly rate might be more than the resort prices but with the discount on the resort outlets, pluse several tv's, lots of space, laundry included, the ability to get $13 massages at the house plus beauty treatements (at the resort a massage is $70 or so). Golf cart to drive around the resort if you don't want to walk or run. The resort allowed us the resident wifi code so all technology could still be used over at the resort.
There is no beach, but the coast is magnificent and the sound of the crashing waves beautiful and the pool is large and on several levels and very well laid out, with plenty of facilities for kids to play. Love, Love love the king size beds on the cliff for lounging and reading.
When we were there they had movies outside one night and there was always something on from an entertainment perspective. Go to the sunset bar to watch the sunset or take a walk on the course over to Tanah Lot to watch it. You can also go to see traditional dancing at the resort or down at Tanah Lot.
Tanah Lot has lots of cheap shops for the all the tourist tat. My kids enjoyed the $3 4D ride in the tin shed, my husband even did it the 2nd time and thought it was hillarious.
Re touring, from wherever you leave from in Bali the roads are crowded, narrow and the traffic slow. The high prices for food reflect the fact that so much of the food served is imported.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience a flawless getaway in paradise against the dramatic backdrop of Bali’s iconic Tanah Lot Temple and the Indian Ocean.Pan Pacific Nirwana Bali Resort unveiled a brand new experience for guests with a US$10 million refurbishment of its 278 guest rooms including luxury suites and villas, restaurants, bars and event spaces completed in 2011. The renewed resort, complemented by the uncomplicated service and premium offerings synonymous with the Pan Pacific brand, will enable guests to enjoy enriching and unrivalled experiences.Experience the best location to enjoy a remarkable sunset in Bali with dramatic views of Bali’s iconic Tanah Lot temple, Indian Ocean, rice paddies, Greg Norman golf course and lush tropical gardens. In the resort, you can enjoy cycling around the resort grounds and the Bali countryside, a sunset walking experience with 103 hectares manicured gardens, spa indulgence at the Bale with endless view of the Indian Ocean, exquisite culinary offerings, relax by the three-tiered swimming pools with a 54-metre water slide, and many more activities awaits you. Complimentary shuttle service to Kuta and Seminyak is also provided.Children staying in the resort will be able to enjoy a wide-range of kid-friendly activities and experiences such as; painting, Balinese dancing, jungle gym, tennis, golf, Wii video games at Kids Club and Family Rooms or even join the fun environment activity of baby sea turtle release at the resort beach.Recently, Nirwana Bali Golf Club at Pan Pacific Nirwana Bali Resort received prestigious recognition as Asia’s 10 Most Elite Golf Courses by FORBES Travel Guide, voted 100 Best Golf Course outside the US (no 66) and No 1 Golf Course in Indonesia by Golf Digest-US and Indonesia’s Leading Golf Resort (2010, 2011, and 2012) and Indonesia’s Leading Spa Resort (2012) by World Travel Awards. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Pan Pacific Hotels Group, Expedia, Agoda, Ctrip TA and Hotels.com so you can book your Pan Pacific Nirwana Bali Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pan Pacific Nirwana Bali Hotel Tabanan
- Pan Pacific Nirwana Bali Resort Tabanan