“Fantastic location, but declining”

Pan Pacific Nirwana Bali Resort
Ranked #3 of 14 Hotels in Tabanan
Reviewed March 14, 2013

We had a nice WE at the Pan Pacific Nirwana, and our kids really enjoy the pool and slide. The location has still the same charm and the view to Tanah Lot temple remains incredible but we have been quite disappointed by
- the lack of general maintenance for the outdoors structures: fans and lamps are rusted, thatched "alang alang" roofs have to be changed, floors have to be cleaned thoroughly and many other details.
- the entrance lobby has lost most of its charm since a huge pool was set there, which really has been quite a strange idea

Room Tip: Choose rooms on the golf side. They are usually cheaper but in a very quiet location and with the be...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Write a ReviewReviews (1,947)

Reviewed March 13, 2013

We had a group of 9 golfers come to Bali for a golf weekend. We played at both Picatu (New Kuta) and Nirwana. We found Nirwana to be in a class by itself. One of the most scenic courses you will find. It is challenging but not impossible. The caddies are top notch and can easily cut strokes off your score due to their knowledge of greeens. The staff were tremendous and very accomodating. Nirwana is what Picatu aspires to be. It is a world class course and you will not be disappointed.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 10, 2013 via mobile

The view is spectacular but that is it. The only hit is the natural view of it's location. However, I had a very uncomfortable stay as staff is nice but not warm and friendly enough to make me feel welcomed except for 1 service crew from Merica. The other hit which I appreciate is that the staff pre informed us of the heavy road traffic due to festive celebration on the day of our check out.
But what was it that made me feel uncomfortable ?

1) The first photo - the shampoo and the shower gel provided upon check-in is the range on the extreme left. The 2 bottles on the right were replenished for the rest of my stay.Would you expect this from a hotel like Pan Pacific?

2) they fail to replenish sanitary bag every other day and I had to keep requesting

3) this is my biggest headache! I hate to use their phone. It is SO dirty and smelly I had to hold the receiver away from me. So imagine the unpleasant experience as I had to request for the sanitary bag every day. Look at the photo and see how hygienic their phone is.

4) the operator really doesn't sound friendly and warm over the phone

5) the hotel car that we were assigned for transfer had some kind of airflow problem as we could smell the petrol, fume and carbon monoxide from outside. It was so unbearable that my partner kept coughing. The driver is very friendly but we really had a very, very unpleasant ride. It was made worse by the road traffic and at some point of time, it was made worse when we were right behind a coach for afew minutes. The 1hr + ride was the most unpleasant experience ever. My partner had a terrible headache and was nauseous when we finally arrived at the airport because the car was filled with a mix of carbon monoxide, smell of petrol and diesel from the time we hit the main road right to the airport.

This is the worst experience I ever had with a hotel. If this is a 3 star hotel, I would have appreciate the phone and even the cheap-looking shampoos replenished. But this is really beyond expectation of an international 5 star hotel group.

• Stayed: March 2013
5  Thank Blue4Coral
Reviewed March 7, 2013

Amazing resort. My partner and I stayed for 3 nights and wished we had stayed longer! The room was beautiful and clean and had a great view overlooking the pool. The staff were fantastic. Nothing was too much trouble for them. Food was amazing! Had several massages at the day spa which were absolute heaven. We didn't leave the resort in the 3 days we were there and I have never felt so relaxed. We have just booked our flights to go back to Bali in July and will definitely be staying at Pan Pacific Nirwana again - this trip we will stay longer.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Nicky M
Reviewed March 6, 2013

I loved the hotel! Basically everything is good... the view, the food, the pool, the drinks, the golf course and the location. A great place to go with your loved one. If you want a place to relax and enjoy for some days without thinking what to do outside the hotel, this is the one! And it is walking distance from Tanah Lot temple!

Room Tip: Get the pacific club rooms... good benefits!
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Joao Z
Reviewed February 28, 2013

This is the first time we went to Pan Pacific Nirwana, there are positive and negative points.

The positive are :
1) Check-in is smooth...fast and friendly staff...she gave me room 367....nice room but a bit far...
2) all the staff are friendly...
3) Good internet connection
4) large swimming pool

The Negative are :
1) For the kid's club you need to pay...soo far I went to hotel with my family I never pay for kid's club ( hard rock hotel, Pullman bali, Novotel...all are free entrance forthat)..

2) Breakfast : Pork bacon was too dried...but the worst was when I want to take eggs at the station the chef who cooked it has sweating which felt down in the plate!!...so I leave the eggs...

Need to think twice if one day we will return here or not...

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank marietteFrance
Reviewed February 27, 2013

Beautiful property. Tons of Staff. Free Wi-FI. Far from the airport but the property is really nice and self contained. Beautiful views of the ocean and golf course. The pools are beautiful! The concierge was not as helpful as I would have liked. I asked them to set us up on a tour on our way back to the airport, turned out more to be a shuttle ride back. I requested an English speaking guide, my guide didnt speak any english. Overall though, it was a great place. Due to the distance I wouldnt go back.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tabanan
4 mi away
The Laguna, a Luxury Collection Resort & Spa
WakaGangga
WakaGangga
#2 of 14 in Tabanan

Been to Pan Pacific Nirwana Bali Resort? Share your experiences!