“Great Honeymoon”

Ranked #3 of 14 Hotels in Tabanan
Singapore, Singapore
“Great Honeymoon”
Reviewed December 18, 2012

The hotel is good and the staff there are very friendly. The rooms are large and well equipped.
Booked a transport if you are traveling because the hotel is far away from the city. Will come back again to stay.

Room Tip: Choose a room facing the seaview and near to the pool.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
thomas_mayrhofer, General Manager at Pan Pacific Nirwana Bali Resort, responded to this review, December 20, 2012
Dear MartyMacfly1985

Firstly I would like to thank you for taking the time to complete a review on TripAdvisor detailing your recent stay at Pan Pacific Nirwana Bali Resort. Congratulations on your marriage and I hope that both of you will return each year to celebrate your anniversary with us. I am delighted to read that all of our associates were able to connect with you and I am blessed to have such engaged Balinese associates who understand the true meaning of Hospitality. Our rooms were recently refurbished and I appreciate your comments regarding the size and functionality of our rooms.

While the resort is located 25.9 km north of our Airport due to traffic situation the trip can become a one hour trip. Our Resort does offer airport pick up with a knowledgeable driver (this service is not complimentary and can be arranged at reservation or any time prior to arrival), however some guest also make their personal arrangements for transportation to and from our Resort.

Once again, thank you for your wonderful review and I hope to personally welcome you back to Pan Pacific Nirwana Bali Resort in the very near future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (476)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed December 10, 2012

The unpleasant moment started even before the check in on 27 Nov. My family and I arrived early at around 12.30pm and was told the room would be ready by 3pm. There's no further action from the staff and the only instruction was to come back and check on the room's status. Nobody bother to bring us around the hotel and we were left to seek the way to a restaurant on our own. After lunch at around 2.30pm, we waited patiently at the waiting area for our keys. It was so hot and we were perspering and tired. Luckily there's one staff from the customer relationship came out to assist out. I forgot her name but understand that that day was her last day. She still served with passion and assist us on the checking of room's status and even shown our way to our room.

The room was great but: 1) There's slight issue on the toilet's door, which I needed to pull/push hard to close it. You can't properly go and slam the door, right? 2) I felt that I sleeping in forest with insects and mosquitoes flying around in the room and toilet. Dead bodies of the insects could be found on the floor every morning.

We had a Pool Grill Buffet dinner was like having dinner in the forest too. There's dozens of insects or flys around us making our dinner sucks. The staff only came out with insect repellent when we approached them for assist. No much improvement and we requested for a change of table, hoping it will be better. Sad to say, it's still the same. Then, the staff came out with mosquito coil. It did help but end up having dinner with the smell of mosquito coil, insects flying around which could be found on our food and drinks really spoilt our mood. The dinner is around US$100 and dare to say I spend lesser for a better dinner and environment at Jimbaran.

On the same time, there's a wedding event going on for 3 days, 28 Nov- 30 Nov. During the stay, we needed to bear with the nose disturbance: the high volume blast from the event, the ladies with high heels walking around at night, the laughter and talks outside my room not mentioning they pressed my bell and went off without apologies. I recieved a memo regarding this event on 29 nov, which the event was already on the 2nd day! What a joke! I suppposed there's someone complaining. If not, I don't think i will recieve this memo.

Land tour - The hotel is charging at a much higher rate than other tour providers? Instead of assisting us on booking, hotel is charging us at at least 20-30% higher.

On the last day, At around 1pm, I confirmed with with the hotel receptionist that my flight was at 7pm and what time should I meet the driver my transfer to airport. She looked lost and didn't even know that I had a airport transfer. Instead of advising me the time, she asked me what time I prefer instead. How I know the travelling time and distance required?After much discussion, we agreed that the transfer will be at 3pm. I checked out at 2.55pm and advised a receptionist (male) that I would have a transfer at 3pm. He checked and advised that he had notified the relevant driver and he's on the way. I waited till 3.20pm and approached the other receptionist (male too) for advise again. He looked shock and start checking. He went out of the office and checked with the bellboy or transport supervisor I supposed. Within 5mins, the driver arrived. I had checked with the driver and he was there all the while! I left the hotel at around 3.30pm and my flight check in was at 5.30pm. There's a super heavy jam around Kuta due to the road construction. I reached at airport at 5.30pm, thanks to the driver's driving skills.

I can say that it will be the most disappointing stay I have ever had and will say a NO NO to visit them again. I would have select a Terrible rating if not because of a outstanding staff they have. From TLC Cafe, a F&B dining staff named Nurisih made our day. We visited on 27 Nov, having our lunch there. We had our lunch again there on 30 Nov, and she still remember my family and I. She knew where we sat and what we ordered. My wife had a running nose during the first visit and Nurisih still remember and asked her how she's feeling. She was so patience and introducing what the cafe offered. I was very impressed with her working attitude and smile.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Jackson790908
PPNBR, Director of Rooms at Pan Pacific Nirwana Bali Resort, responded to this review, December 12, 2012
Dear Jackson790908,
Thank you for your writing this review following your recent stay at Pan Pacific Nirwana Bali Resort. We would like to deeply apologize for all the shortfalls you experienced. We are very distressed, to learn that several aspects of your stay did not meet your expectations. Thank you for individually detailing these. Receiving Feedback like this is greatly appreciated and helps us become better at reaching the expectations of our guest and improving our services and facilities.

We have thoroughly investigated each of the points you raised to us:
1) We would like to apologize if no associate assisted you and family for a hotel tour upon arrival to the hotel while waiting the room ready. Your comments have been passed on to the Department Head concerned for review and action where necessary.
2) We appreciate for advising the toilet’s door issue and we are sorry it happened during your stay. It is now been fixed.
3) We are sorry of the discomfort experience caused by the insect and flies during dinner. This is common condition in a tropical place and usually more appear during rainy season. As part of our ongoing hygiene programs and to reduce / eradicate ants, mosquitoes, cockroaches and other insects, we do have a regular pest control program in place. Weekly spraying is done in public area and in guest rooms, and fogging is carried out around the building.
4) I am also sorry for the noise disturbance by our in-house event and unnecessary action made by our guests. Event notifications were distributed 1 day in advance and we apologize if you received it two days after. We apologize for this isolated incident, and please rest assured that I have addressed this matter directly with the Manager concerned, so that corrective action can be taken accordingly.
5) Our transportation prices are in line with our competitors and include insurance and the ability to contact the drivers and transport company. Alternate local transport services although cheaper do not provide the above.
6) We also apologize for the communication breakdown when arranging your transfer out. Your comment has been immediately passed on to the department head concerned for further follow up with all associates involved. They in turn will ensure that we improve our processes and will conduct additional training with emphasis on accurate and detailed communications
7) Thank you for mentioning Nurisih, our helpful and friendly staff associates at TLC Café. She will be very proud and thankful to hear of your comments.

Once again, please accept our apologies for any inconvenience the above may have caused you and your family during your stay. We hope you will give us an opportunity to make amends and be of service to you. I’m sure you will note improvement upon your return.

Myself as well as the rest of the hotel team in Bali sincerely hope we will have an opportunity to welcome you and family back to Pan Pacific Nirwana Bali Resort on your next visit. We will do everything possible to ensure that you have a memorable stay.
Please call on me when you are considering your return visit. We look forward to welcoming you back to Pan Pacific Nirwana Bali Golf & Spa.

Best regards,
Romy Mansoer
Director of Rooms
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 7, 2012

It's hard to know where to start, whether you are here with the family or on a golfing holiday the Nirwana Bali Resort has to be seen to be believed. I was here as part of a golf outing and the facilities on and off course are second to none. The views across the golf course and indeed around the entire resort are straight out of a picture postcard. What I would suggest, however, is that if you are here on a golfing holiday try and secure one of the villas overlooking the course. It is wonderful to enjoy relaxation times whilst taking in the golf at the same time. This is a genuine "experience of a lifetime"...

Room Tip: The villas overlooking the golf course have their own plunge pools and are quiet and idylic.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank makk3
USA
Reviewed December 4, 2012

The hotel, landscape, golf course, pool, and services are fabulous. The staff is very friendly and helpful. Food variety is plentiful, but about average in quality for a resort of this caliber. The rooms are large and well equipped. The beach is not great, but there is an ancient temple built on a rock on the ocean as the main beach attraction.
I was at this report on business and a conference). The one big draw back when wearing a suit and tie is the severe lack of proper airconditioning anywhere in the hotel. The high heat and equally high humidity can be stiffling for those from the West, but didn't seem to trouble the locals, who are probably used to it. The airconditioning in a conference rooms as well as the bedrooms cannot be set below a certain level, but this level is insufficient to reduce the moisture in the room, which you can see on the wooden floors. If you allergic to mold, watch out as the damp rooms will trigger this allergy. I tried being 'green' by offering to reuse my towels, but when I returned to my room in the evening, they were as damp as when I left them that morning after a shower! I would probably have been more comfortable had I come here on vacation, where I could have lived in shorts and t-shirts, but the lack of airconditioning is still a big factor.
Another drawback is that this hotel is far away from most of the fun places in Bali, so your entertainment and dining is pretty much limited to what is available at the resort.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the ocean - at least you will get a breeze if the A/C cannnot make the room c...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Dileau P
Jakarta, Indonesia
Reviewed November 26, 2012

First impressions stay at this hotel was huge and magnificent
hotel service is very good
when we checked in at this hotel they gave us cold towels and fresh drinks and put flowers in our ears.. Sweet!

Our rooms was quite large.
From balcony we can see directly to the golf course and to the sea. Stunning!

Breakfast was fantastic!
many menu choices from asia to europe
including sushi! luxurious!

The swimming pool is very large
and have many gazebo and daybed. Nice!

The resort was very huge with all beautiful view.
Golf view, ocean view, tanah Lot temple. Breathtaking!
It's not enough to explore the resort in one day.
really felt like in nirvana.

Thank You Pan Pacific Bali. Im happy stay at this hotel
Had a best experience ever
looking forward to stay at this resort again :)

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank sitohangcoky
JAKARTA
Reviewed November 20, 2012

I have been to this resort many times, never been slept here just for accompanying my family for golfing. The golf course is stunning also the team are very helpful. When they are playing, I used to wait at the hotel side' restaurant to spend my time. The new renovated area looks good compare than before, they look more fresh. Unfortunately the services never been changed for me and it could be better. One of the experience was just last month I was there, after had lunch in the restaurant, then I wish to go back to the golf course because my family has been finished the golf. My mobile phone battery was off, could not contact my driver directly. I asked the Concierge; 'could you please bring me to the golf course' the answer was 'please wait'. After 10 minutes standing at the stairs I said 'looked I actually has driver but cannot use my phone because it is off' he said 'oh begitu (means oh ya)' (without offering solution). I said 'if you have a car call, please use that and help me' so I give the driver name. Another 10 minutes waiting I am back and said 'where is the car park maybe he cannot hear' Concierge said 'tunggu saja Mbak saya sendirian disini dan sibuk sekali kita banyak yang check in' (means, just wait, I am alone here and we are busy, we have many guests checking in). My reply is simple 'call taxi for me and I will pay, I just need to go to the golf course'. He laughed and he might be thinking its joke (knowing the distance is very short) so he said 'mana ada taksi bisa antar' (none of the taxi would send you there). I replied, 'call a taxi and I will pay'. Well, after that sentence with screaming then obviously he understand then it is not funny at all 'he drive buggy for me to the golf course'. I arrived less than 5 minutes in the golf course. If I am with my running shoes no worries I will run there. Rather than ask this uninformative Concierge. I always have driver every time I come to this resort. Always drama just to send the outsider guests from the hotel to the golf course. Thats why I always prepare. It was just unlucky that time my phone is off.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank CODICECOMMUNICATIONS
Reviewed November 18, 2012

We stayed the second time in this lovely resort with 2 kids and friends with 2 kids either. Our rooms were family rooms with bunks beds which were immediately occupied by the kids, very cosy. The vicinity to the pools and the kids club was a big asset. Food, drinks and the incredibly nice and attending staff made our stay, again, an unforgettable experience. We'll be back next year.

• Stayed November 2012
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tabanan
The Seminyak Beach Resort & Spa
#1 of 14 in Tabanan
AYANA Resort and Spa
AYANA Resort and Spa
#13 of 57 in Jimbaran

Been to Pan Pacific Nirwana Bali Resort? Share your experiences!