“Paradise on Earth”

Pan Pacific Nirwana Bali Resort
Ranked #3 of 13 Hotels in Tabanan
Reviewed September 30, 2012

Not much to say really except that this place is amazing, it looks beautifull with the golf, multi level pool and the temple on the island to admire during sunset. As my fiancée rightly said it's almost too romantic. Service is good (they provide guided tour and a driver at the airport if you ask) and the overall experience great (try the massage). I would say it's a perfect place for honey moon or a mix of relaxing/visiting holiday in bali

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Frogster99
Write a ReviewReviews (1,947)

Reviewed September 28, 2012 via mobile

This is my second time staying in this hotel, the first being 2.5 years ago - before the renovations.

We booked 2 rooms online with a special request for separate beds. The.request was met and to our surprise we were also given connecting rooms which we can open the door in between if we want to. Rooms were clean and spacious and the decor tastefully done. Beds were comfortable but we all felt the pillows were too soft. But then again, this is up to the individual's preference. Some cobwebs were spotted on the wall features, other than that it was ok.

We dined at both restaurants in the hotel and the food was of good quality, just a bit more expensive than what you would get in the restaurants in Kuta and Ubud. However, this is the season where they get mosquitos, but the staff places mosquito coils below every table and offers insect repellent sprays to guests.

Don't miss getting a drink at the Sunset Lounge during the beautiful sunset where you literally faces the sea and the Tanah lot. To get a good dear, be there early where the ones with the best view is often grabbed fast.

The hotel has a cuscading pool with a special and quiet corner for those who wants it. Of course, this hotel is famous for it's golf course which avid golfers shouldn't miss.

• Stayed: September 2012
1  Thank Peitoh
Reviewed September 25, 2012

It was like entering into the most serene, spacious, clean cut and beautiful holiday palace with cliff top views of the ocean :). This place certainly has wow factor. The lobby of the Pan Pacific Nirwana is stunning with its views to the nearby Tanah Lot temple and the most magnificent sunsets. The pools are outstanding with tall palm trees that stand guard by the pool area with its romantic bales. I would go so far as to say that they have the best pools in Bali. The Pan Pacific pools are shallow and therefore are a great temperature. Check out the upstairs sunset bar. Eat at the Grill Restaurant, the chicken was so good! Bring your mozzie spray just in case.
We had the most divine time at the Pan Pacific exploring the grounds and pools and hanging out amongst the well cared for gardens. My how I already miss those feather pillows and cozy doona.
The Pan Pacific Nirwana is one of those places that really showcases the best of what Bali has to offer. It was an ideal way to start our new Bali adventure. You could easily and comfortably spend a few days or even weeks there and get quite used to the relaxing and royal treatment :) This is true class without being too sterile or stiff.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Smedles
Reviewed September 23, 2012

I'm not sure about some of the whiny complainers getting upset by this hotel??? This place is off the hook awesome! And yes, I travel all the time, all over the world, so I feel confident in my thoughts of this hotel! I've been here for a week now--- by myself!! These people have been nothing but wonderful to me, going out of their way to make sure I am having a great time! I had 2 amazing massages, food was great, service was great, free shuttles to some major hot spots and my room was great too!! Pricing is fine- not cheap nor expensive. The only problem I had in Bali was that my shuttle never picked me up at the airport, but that had NOTHING to do with the hotel. I've seen some people give bad rankings based on their poor experience at the airport with the porters, etc-- but don't judge the hotel when they are not responsible for the junky airport! Anyway, this hotel is right on the water with a spectacular view of tanah lot temple- absolutely gorgeous!! I also lucked out with perfect weather and not crowded as it is the off season! Two thumbs up. --Heading home today, my only complaint.

Room Tip: Get an ocean view, not garden view.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank rbpilates
Reviewed September 20, 2012

We ended our Bali vacation with a 2 night stay at the Pan Pacific, and were very happy we made the choice. The view is absolutely breathtaking, and we happened to get to see the birthday ceremony of Tanah Lot which was a very special experience. The breakfast buffet was amazing, and the other restaurants were great too! We were nervous about it being so far away from everything else, but ended up only wanting to stay at the resort and take in the beauty anyway.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank emyliana
Reviewed September 13, 2012

I stayed at 1 bed room apartment. though it is far from the main building but I felt its very homey and peaceful. i used to stay at the hotel, but since i try the one bed room apartment, i prefer the apartment.

Room Tip: if you stay at the hotel, choose the garden view. But if you want to be more private, you can get th...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank diki_dani
Reviewed September 12, 2012

Loved the pools, so many areas to choose from when settling in for a day of reading and swimming. I was there with my husband, having left two kids at home, but that didn't stop us from going down the waterslide at least a dozen times a day! Felt like you could achieve privacy even in public areas, very clever landscaping. Stunning views of the Tanah Lot temple. Brilliant golf course, very challenging but definitely worth playing at least once. Very good restaurants with the new Canadian Chef Brad making the effort to check on our satisfaction levels. The Pool Grill was our pick - the quesadillas for lunch are beautiful. I was constantly worried about Bali Belly, but the water was all filtered as was the ice and we didn't have any gastro complaints whatsoever. We ate at the resort 90% of the time because it was easier and the food was reliably good (without being exceptional). Breakfast was probably the best value. Drinking with dinner was expensive. The actual quality of the buildings is excellent. The gym is very well set up and we went there three times. I also went to the day spa three times. This is an area that they could improve by offering more diversity of massage services and perhaps using an international high quality product range. I had a sports massage and a Balinese massage and they were 99% the same thing. They have the facility to be five star, but the actual service delivery just lacks the five star touches.

Do hire bikes, it is great to get out into the nearby villages.

Room Tip: We stayed in a private apartment (2B owned by John Larner). For $200 a night for up to two couples...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank adelstoc
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tabanan
4 mi away
#22 of 55 in Nusa Dua
WakaGangga
WakaGangga
#1 of 13 in Tabanan

Been to Pan Pacific Nirwana Bali Resort? Share your experiences!