As soon as we arrived at Bali Eco Stay our 7 year old son (a city boy) was running wild around the streams and rice fields and just could not get enough of it. My wife was freaked out and was not saying much. Her attention was drawn to the lack of windows and the proximity to wildlife - mainly concerns about mosquitos at night (one bite in 3 nights between 3 of us!).
We ordered some lunch and went up to the restaurant. It has some of the most stunning views that I have ever seen and my wife suddenly started to relax when she was that everything was clean and well looked after.
The food was incredible for every meal - home grown organic food, cooked fresh and very skillfully by Mini and her team.
All of the staff were very friendly and helpful at all times - really cannot fault them.
Our son did kite making and enjoyed running across the rice fields flying it.
We did some walks, swims in the pool and some massages. Lots of playing cards, reading, drinking and eating.
After 3 nights here we all felt completely relaxed and the stresses of work and every day life seemed very distant. I was concerned that we would be bored after 3 nights but could have easily stayed for a few more nights and just explored more.
John and his family have cut out a very unique lifestyle for themselves here and one that I envy them for. It must continue to be hard work but from the perspective of a visitor it is incredibly idylic.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled in the slopes of Mount Batukaru, Central Bali, you’ll find one of Bali’s best-kept secrets, a hidden eco-paradise only known by few but loved by many. If you’re lucky enough to nab one of Bali Eco Stay’s seven cozy bungalows, you’re sure to experience natural luxury like no other. On this vast owner-run and operated estate, guests are treated like family, personally welcomed and re-welcomed by the thoughtful founders and caretakers alike. Bali Eco Stay offers exciting experiences for guests of all ages, with plenty cultural and outdoor activities to enjoy. From traditional kite making to trekking in lush Balinese rice terraces, it is the perfect place to unwind and reconnect with nature. The best part is, you won’t have to go far; the resort’s land is like no other. Just minutes from your doorstep is a private waterfall where you can bathe, undisturbed, in the pure spring waters of Mount Batukaru. Wander the property and you’ll find charming bales nestled by the riverbank, a natural swimming pool, serene spa, and Bali Eco Stay’s very own Food Forest, teasing your appetite for the delicious meal ahead. Chef Minni’s home cooking is a thing of art, combining locally-grown organic ingredients with a touch of Balinese flair. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Priceline and Booking.com so you can book your Bali Eco Stay Bungalows reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bali Eco Stay Rice Water Bungalows Hotel Tabanan
- Bali Eco Stay Bungalows Tabanan