This place was a lovely surprise. We wished we had stayed longer to enjoy the walks and tours and interaction with the village school offered by the lodge and the villagers.
With only 1.5 days we opted to stroll the property, sit and contemplate beside the waterfall, view the sustainable companion, random planting of food crops and chat to Cath and John about their aims and dreams for this slice of heaven. We also ate very well at the little restaurant and had a divine massage right in the rainforest.
The lodges were rustic, attractive, comfortable and well appointed.
We thought there might be mossies but there were none.
The trip up to the lodges and the trip back down the mountain were interesting parts of the visit. The scenery and the Balinese going about their daily rhythm of village and farm life was very soothing for us but we could see life was hard work for farmers in Bali.
We felt very welcomed when we arrived.
We loved chatting to the young rice farmer who took us back to the coast about his life and his village.
The contrast between this place and the destructive nonsense going on down on the coast was very evident.
Take advantage of their transport up to the lodges because it would be hard to find on your own.
Cath's and John's message is let's work and learn together to do the best for the people of Bali.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled in the slopes of Mount Batukaru, Central Bali, you’ll find one of Bali’s best-kept secrets, a hidden eco-paradise only known by few but loved by many. If you’re lucky enough to nab one of Bali Eco Stay’s seven cozy bungalows, you’re sure to experience natural luxury like no other. On this vast owner-run and operated estate, guests are treated like family, personally welcomed and re-welcomed by the thoughtful founders and caretakers alike. Bali Eco Stay offers exciting experiences for guests of all ages, with plenty cultural and outdoor activities to enjoy. From traditional kite making to trekking in lush Balinese rice terraces, it is the perfect place to unwind and reconnect with nature. The best part is, you won’t have to go far; the resort’s land is like no other. Just minutes from your doorstep is a private waterfall where you can bathe, undisturbed, in the pure spring waters of Mount Batukaru. Wander the property and you’ll find charming bales nestled by the riverbank, a natural swimming pool, serene spa, and Bali Eco Stay’s very own Food Forest, teasing your appetite for the delicious meal ahead. Chef Minni’s home cooking is a thing of art, combining locally-grown organic ingredients with a touch of Balinese flair. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda and Priceline so you can book your Bali Eco Stay Bungalows reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bali Eco Stay Rice Water Bungalows Hotel Tabanan
- Bali Eco Stay Bungalows Tabanan