“Beauty for all your senses”

Bali Eco Stay Bungalows
Reviewed August 31, 2011

BaliEcoStay is a truely lovely and remarkable place as for sure will give you everlasting and happy memories. Even the nice and exciting carride to BES is an experiense in its self. Feeling of seeing the real Bali, which is not yet ruined by the tourism, BES has it all. The accomondation is beautiful to the fingertips. We were overwhelmed and happy for breahting in the atmopsphere and the loveley design and interiour. The nature is enormous. The most beautiful viewes to ricefields and terasses. Lovely walks. The restaurant is full with amazing tastes and harmony in each cusin. In the bookshelfs you will find books to touch your heart, eye and moment. We were travelling with 4 children aged 11,9,7 and 3, and it is just enough activity possibilities, to let the children calm down, and enter a state of vacation, with time together, time to talk and enjoy each other in perfect surrondings. For our daughters birthday the staff made a fantastic cake and arranged live traditional Balinese music and a big fire in the darkness of the jungle night for all the visitors. We loved the homemade products, which all are produced in the local villages - the consept is just excellent. Thank you for an excellent stay and the effort you are doing for the environment and the local villages.

Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank mgeest
sunstone76, Owner at Bali Eco Stay Bungalows, responded to this reviewResponded September 1, 2011

Thanks so much for taking the time to write a review.It was such a pleasure having your family stay with us,especially on your daughters birthday.
It was also a great opportunity for us to show some hospitality after the tragic events that had recently occurred in your country.
All the best and we hope to welcome you all again one day.
Kind regards,
John.

Reviewed August 18, 2011

We discovered Bali Eco Stay through Trip Advisor, as being a brand new lodge they still are not charted in the main guidebooks.
Road can be quite hectic for the last 30 min but it is really worth the trip.
Once you get there, amazing scenery of the rice paddies, quiet, gentleness, comfort with taste, delicious food, beautiful walks are all there to welcome you.
Probably our favorite spot during our 2 weeks stay in Bali.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 3, 2011

To discover Bali Eco Stay hidden in the foothills near to Batukaru Mountain was a reward unsurpassed after visiting the island since 1980. Amidst untouched original Balinese nature,villages and countryside its a world away from the busy towns and mainstream tourist centres ,but surprisingly only one and a half hours from Legian . Once leaving the west coast highway the discovery starts to unfold with 15 kms of beautiful small winding country roads through scenic landscape and small villages to reach Bali Eco Stay. We found the variety and quality of food excellent, the atmosphere very special or unsurpassed, and the accomodation the same. A hidden area of Bali little known or frequented , untouched. The views add to the atmosphere and the beautiful feeling of being away , in the hills, or on a retreat. The walks , activities and village people and life around added more to our experience .....there was often laughter amidst the tranquility and nature as simple jokes were shared with warm, hospitable and friendly Balinese locals and staff through our very basic Indonesian.
Seeing a man quickly climb 2 very high coconut palms in succession barefoot, barehand and cut fruit was one breathtaking native activity we saw amongst others. There the drinking coconut costs only 2000 rupiah. Where we came from in Legian from street vendors we had to pay 10 to 15000 rupiah. Getting in touch with, and experiencing ,knowing authentic original Balinese country life has been our greatest reward on this holiday to Bali. Discovering Bali Eco Stay and spending a week there made it possible to have this experience and also at a very high standard. It is also a place to go to solely for retreat, study,meditation, healing or inspiration.
Take some warmer clothes, light walking shoes, swimmers and a camera.

Reviewed July 25, 2011

The drive from Seminyak took 1 1/2 hours, out of the hustle and bustle of trafic, people and dust to the lush,fresh greens of rice paddies and jungle. It was a clear, blue, sunny day and the mountain rose high above us, so beautiful. We (my 2 son's aged 8 & 26 and myself) were greeted with lots of beaming smiles, waves and big hello's from the balinese children swimming in the fresh cool water running down from the mountain into waterfalls and pools on the property. The owners Johnny, Cath and Huey Blundstone were all their to welcome us to their paradise home, with open arms and a yummy fresh drink from a young, green coconut.
We stayed in one of the new, stunning Balinese bungalow (that slept 6 comfortably), complete with hot and cold water, flush toilets, Sheridan Linen, 2 beautiful bathrooms (eco friendly soap, shampoo and hand wash provided). This all opened out onto rice paddies, coconuts, bananas and natural jungle. It was incredibly private and peaceful.
My 8 year old instantly befriended Huey and they hung out swimming, gardening, feeding the pig, painting, making bamboo fishing rods, boats, swords and flutes!
My older son and I went mountain bike riding (3hrs down the mountain to the coast and onto a very remote beach,soooo much fun!!!) a couple of cars were there to pick us and the bikes up and after a 45 min drive back up the mountain, we were treated to a fantastic lunch.
All the food was so incredibly delicious, all hand made in the stunning restaurants kitchen by local ladies. Lots of scrumptuious fishcakes, stuffed rice balls, satays, mixed vegies with coconut and the "most out of this world" Baliness Style Ice Cream...ooohhh lala...We did a cooking class and learnt the secrets of this icecream.
There is an open stye bunglow, tucked away in the thick garden, where you can go and do meditation, yoga or have an incrdebly relaxing massage.
We did loads of fabulous walks and hikes through the paddies fields and villages. I also learnt from one of the local village woman, how to make virgin coconut oil.
Bali Eco Stay is a stunning paradise. We can not wait to go back and stay with the beautiful Blundstone Family.
I highly reccommend it to everyone of all ages. It really shows you what Bali is really like!

Room Tip: Every bungalow is stunning and offers the best for you to relax and enjoy
Reviewed July 21, 2011

I very much enjoyed at Bali Eco Stay. I did not know what to expect but after 10 nights in Ubud I wanted to break up my stay and Eco Stay was recommended through someone I had met in Ubud.

The driver picked me up from my hotel in Ubud and was very professional and friendly. Once we reached the countryside the views of the mountain rice paddies took my breath away (it far surpasses those in Ubud). I was shown to my bungalow and was provided a coconut welcome drink. I was sharing with another lady (arranged thru Bali eco stay) and the views from my bungalow were absolutely magnificent. I was also greeted by John and Cath's beautiful little son who is the best host anyone will ever receive!. He promptly showed me all the ponds on the property, identifying every type of fish possible and 'sold ' me one of his paintings. It was very entertaining. I kept myself busy by doing a basket weaving workshop (my basket and flute cleared Aussie customs), a motor bike tour through the countryside/jungle with an experienced local guide and having a hot stone massage. The food was fresh, tasty organic produce. Your stay at Bali Ecoystay will definately be an adventure and is a perfect getaway from busier regions of Bali.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed July 20, 2011

we stayed with our 2 girls 8 and 4 years old, we had the most amazing experience.
we were surrounding by picturesque rice field and jungle . The view from our bungalows was unbelievable and the bungalow itself was so tastefully decorated , the restaurant served beautiful organic food and the water is so pure that you can drink it from the tap because of the natural spring waterfall.
we loved it, so much to do and discover .

Reviewed July 19, 2011

I stayed at Bali Eco Stay for 2 nights and found the whole experience to be wonderful! The surroundings were beautiful, the construction and style of the bungalows was immaculate, and the staff was expert and friendly. This was just the type of calm, restorative relaxation I needed after spending time in the busier areas of Bali. The food was excellent, and I was amazed that five star accommodations existed for an eco stay. There are activities available like rides to the beach or hikes, or just time to read, write, wifi, and enjoy the sights and sounds of the rice fields.Give it a try, you will be pleasantly surprised!

Room Tip: It is a bit of an excursion to get to Bali Eco stay, so its better to do 2 or more nights. A day tri...
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tabanan
Soori Bali
Inang Ubud Villa
Inang Ubud Villa
#7 of 622 in Ubud
Munduk Moding Plantation

Been to Bali Eco Stay Bungalows? Share your experiences!