“Nice Scenic Rice Terraces, but Disappointing Compared to Other Ones”

Jatiluwih Green Land
Book In Advance
$85.00*
Northern Bali Highlands by ATV with Rice Terrace Upgrade
$43.58*
and up
Private Jatiluwih Paddy Fields and Rainforest Trekking with Local Farmers in...
$30.00*
Private Tour: Natural Bali and Temples Tour
Ranked #1 of 69 things to do in Tabanan
More attraction details
Fee: No
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Nominated for designation as a UNESCO World Heritage site, Jatiluwih offers a beautiful view of contoured rice terraces irrigated using an impressive communal water system developed by Balinese farmers. The scenic drive through the quaint villages and verdant slopes of the central coastal regency of Tabanan adds to the experience.
Reviewed March 30, 2013

A small entrance fee is requested at the entrance. I was expecting more spectacular rice terraces. The landscape is nice, I liked the intense green surrounding, but the terraces are not so amazing to contemplate. For that matter, I preferred much more the Tegallalang rice terrace, in Bali still, which I found much more beautiful.

3  Thank Fiso A
Write a ReviewReviews (1,851)

Reviewed February 8, 2013

Combined a trip here with Lake Bratan to make up a full day as its a few hours drive from Legian. I have seen rice terraces in various parts of the world but these were certainly some of the most stunning. Maybe because of the rain they looked even more spectacular I am not sure, but they were so green and all the terraces filled with water that it was incredible. I was in China late last year and climbed the rice terraces there but these seem to stretch down a long valley and go on forever and surrounding by the mountains in mist just added to the view.

1  Thank PAULIE36
Reviewed February 4, 2013

i have been here in few times to take my friends and my client to have a such nice biggest rice terrace view in Bali,located in the midle part of bali at Tabanan,Penebel.. and take about 5 minutes to get there from my house,and the clean water on the river there also we used for swiming,and sorrounded by the tropical plantation.

Reviewed February 2, 2013

we went here on a tour with a few of my girlfriends. we stopped at a beautiful restaurant for lunch, which i thought that had amazing views, but when we got around to the other side later in the day it was stunning. i'm suprised they haven't built some touristy thing there as there is just somewhere to stop on the side of the road but the view was amazing.

Reviewed February 2, 2013

I have just returned home from a three wek trip to Bali and Wakatobi resort in Sulawesi.Jatiluwih was the single most beautifull spot in Bali.The organic cleanliness of the air,water and soil is exceptional.They prepared a meal of rices,spices and veggies all grown in the valley below the resturant.I have never eaten a meal so pure and full of life as this.I highly reccomend anyone visiting Bali to see Jatiluwih

1  Thank Davo513