“so impressed by such a fantastic improvement...”
Review of Soori Bali

Soori Bali
Ranked #1 of 14 Hotels in Tabanan
Hong Kong, China
“so impressed by such a fantastic improvement...”
Reviewed September 17, 2010

This is actually our second visit at Alila Villas Soori this year... If the first one had been disappointed, we gave an other chance to this property to prove us Alila is able to challenge the very best places in the world and after spending a couple of days earlier in september, we really sure Alila will be a hard challenger to the best places in Bali established for years...
This second visit has exceeded all the high expectations we had... The different points we complained during our first visit have changed at 100% making of Alila Villas Soori our new favorite place of Bali. The management is excellent and everybody in this resort worked a lot to become so great and improved so many details. Now, let's just say this property is the most exclusive paradise in Indonesia and even the best in Asia.
The most fantastic thing at AVS apart of a beautiful and so unique location in front of a beautiful black sand beach so natural in the west of Bali which is not (yet...) polluted by massive tourism is the staff. There are smiles at each corner of this resort. Each member of the staff is proud to work at AVS and they're so so nice and professional and in the same time, they know how to be cool and friendly. Probably the best team i have ever meet and our villa host was the nicest person possible. After two days, we considered her as a friend and this is maybe the best luxury to make new friends in such a short time. This sparkling girl has been so great with us, always so helpful and everything she gave us was from her heart. She even came with us in the rice fields for a local walk and asked to her BF (who is villa host at AVS as well) to bring us at the top of the peninsula to enjoy a stunning and unforgettable view on the ocean.
I think the hard work managed by Irra Malik is just super positive and her team is more than perfect... Bravo...
About our villa, a ultra wonderful three bedrooms villa nestled in an eden garden, offering a large pool of 18 meters and overlooking a rice field and the ocean, let's just say it was memorable and very exclusive. Airy, bright, very comfy with an outside sala where you can just relax with a good book for the whole day, it's an exquisite residence where you could stay until your last day. The peaceful atmosphere makes you so comfortable and really like in your own "home"...
The contemporary decoration is simply what you expect from a top end beach resort, the bathrooms are to die for and the bed is so great you hardly wake up in the morning...
I just regret some materials used for the construction or the design are not from the highest quality and a hard maintenance will be necessary.
About the FB department, thanks to the new Executive Chef coming from The Peninsula HK, you'll have only incredible culinary experiences at AVS. We had a BBQ with a so fresh and yummy food and a dinner at Cotta absolutely delicious which deserved at least 2 Michelin stars.
This is now a true paradise, a fantastic retreat from where leaving will be just too hard and a place that everybody who has a sensitivity has to visit at least one time in the life.
CONGRATULATIONS...

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with family
2 Thank RCBLHKG
, Manager at Soori Bali, responded to this review, December 8, 2016

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (145)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Milan, Italy
Reviewed September 7, 2010

beatiful location and great architecture!
Private villas are simply stunning.
Every detail carefully designed and common areas are beautifully arranged. Excellent service.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
4 Thank fernap
Reviewed August 31, 2010

Stayed here in April... thought I'd wait before writing a review... Best place I've ever stayed in... I won't go on too much because I'd be gushing and you'd get bored. But I think it sums up the experience that I am in my mid-twenties and before leaving I had very public and embarrasing emotional breakdown at the prospect of having to leave...I wanted to stay forever. The masseuse Ayu at the spa is possibly the best masseuse in the world... and I have had massages all over Asia. In fact I opened my tripadvisor account just to write this... The best thing about it is the staff...They are so dedicated and committed to making your experience as pleasurable as possible. Novita, one of the managers, is the nicest hotel manager I have ever met. Oh yeah and the yoga instructor was amazing, really world class! She was instructing us about yin yoga and totally put us at ease and made me see yoga in a new way! The food is really good too, they do great puddings. And no request is too big or too small for the staff. The whole experience is so relaxing that I joked to one of the people in my party that after staying here, you are not able to drive vehicles or operate heavy machinery, because you are taken to another level of relaxation... Anyway you get the idea, just go and see it for yourself.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 4, 2010

I stayed for 3 nights at Alila Soori. It is not in a tourist-packed area, perfect for me as I needed a quiet peaceful retreat. There are villages and padi fields along the way. The Villa design is great, contemporary. I stayed at the ocean pool villa whereby you get to see the ocean from your room. I particularly find the blacksand beach very amazing, it is very soft and fine. It sparkles and reflects the sky which makes great pictures. The sunset on the beach is also something you would want to see! The service of the villa host and the rest of the staff is just immaculate. They have helped me to source for special carving that I needed and even brought me to some carving center. I also did a cooking course with the Balinese chef at the villa. It was great fun as we covered from shopping at the market to cooking in the open-concept kitchen whereby my friend was looking at me learning to master my culinary skill on Balinese food. I did something unusual too, I actually bought a kite on my way back from carving center and tried to fly it on the blacksand beach :) It made other guests laugh and the kids tried to fish my kite out of the ocean when it dropped. Overall, perfect place to get away from city life as the staff there makes you feel at home, they went extra mile just so that I'm being looked after and ensured that I enjoyed my stay. Besides, I get to do things which I don't normally do. Service makes a great difference and that's why I think will revisit the villa soon.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with friends
1 Thank frobieham
Reviewed July 27, 2010

Our initial impression was "Wow!" The architecture, the surrounding nature, service was outstanding. It was one of the best resort we have stayed in. It is a great get away place to unwind, de-stress and just be with your love one. We spent most of the day lounging on the daybed with a good book, the sound of crashing waves at the background and a constant breeze to keep you cool. You feel that you are one with nature but in a very comfortable environment.
This is the best spa I have ever been to, the quality of the therapist, ambience, and spa room is a league of its own.
Special mention has to go to the resort staff, almost every staff that you meet in the resort would address you by name, they will go all the way out to meet your needs and requirement but without being intrusive. Kudos to the person who is in charge of the staff selection.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 29, 2010

Bali these days is absolutely run over with tourists. Its better to be away from the mad crowd and find some peace
Soori definitely offers one this peace and tranquility. If the agenda is relaxation and rejuvenation, then this hotel fits the bill.
There were 4 of us in a 2 room villa at the beach front. We had a lovely sit out with a private pool facing the black sand beach. The suite and the bathroom are so spacious, that even with 4 of us there, we did not feel cramped.
There was a separate suite on the upper level, but each of us had complete privacy.
The food and the service are great...but the spa is awesome!! Had one of the best massages ever in the spa there.
Definitely recommend this for a peaceful getaway.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with friends
Madrid
Reviewed June 28, 2010

We have been at Alila only one night for our honeymoon trip around Bali.

The hotel is WOW! Incredible design, wonderful landscape and very very beautiful design.

When we arrive all the staff was there to say you are welcome. The manager took us to our villa where was Dias, our wonderful butler! He explain all that we need to know for the villa, that has sooo many details!

Also he makes a reservation for us on the Spa and the Restaurant for dinner. And he picks up to us for both things at the door of our villa. The Spa was really good, the massage was fantastic, and the massage room very intimate and very good design. The dinner was also very good.

We have WIFI on the room.

The most wonderful of this hotel is the service, they are taking care of you in all the moment.
The worst is that we only staid one day!!
We are still on our tour, but for the moment (and we are now on hanging gardens, which is a wonderful hotel too), Alila is the best of all our stay, and the best that we have ever been.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple
, Manager at Soori Bali, responded to this review, December 7, 2016
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tabanan
The Samaya Bali Seminyak
#22 of 145 in Seminyak
Viceroy Bali
Viceroy Bali
#8 of 198 in Ubud

Been to Soori Bali? Share your experiences!