“Wonderful experience; albeit some minor flaws”
Review of Soori Bali

Soori Bali
Ranked #2 of 13 Hotels in Tabanan
Reviewed March 28, 2014

Wonderful experience with great dedicated service from the Villa host and the hotel (they helped us track and retrieve our lost luggage and delivered it to our room)! Beautiful hotel with amazing architecture; perfect for getaways from the common tourist crowd!

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family

Reviewed March 27, 2014

We just spent 3 nights in a beachfront villa. The entire experience could not be faulted. Funky architecture. Magnificent contemporary design. Food elegant and tasty. Very secluded and intimate experience

Reviewed March 24, 2014

A great way to relax and recharge the batteries. I highly recommend Alila Soori to anyone who needs to escape the daily grind. The service was impeccable and the ocean villas are a must so you can fall asleep listening to the waves.

Reviewed March 23, 2014

We fall in love with this place the moment we arrived. We booked for a 2-night stays at the Ocean Pool Villa, it was indeed a breath-taking experience for us. Room was clean, spacious and private. We had a 24 hrs butler service too. I must comment that all the levels of the staffs were utmost friendly, warm and they are always with a smile. They were always be at your service and we felt so pampered. If you are looking for a quite peaceful getaway this is the place as the distance to town will be a little too far out, other then that it's a wonderful place for a relaxing rejuvenating trip. Definitely worth it and we will surely miss our stay and the people there.

1  Thank Cindy K
Reviewed March 16, 2014

We stayed 6 nights at this resort as an anniversary special. The place is amazing, villa is breathtaking, beautiful scenery, maximum luxury and fine service. Staff was excellent and the spa was a total bliss. Having a private pool is just amazing.
Food at the restaurant was great with mini 3-4 course meal options.
We enjoyed every single day and were sad to leave. Excellent place to just relax and unwind; especially for couples.
Will definitely be returning to this place.

Room Tip: We stayed in Room 307, It is the best room for privacy compared to the other beach facing villas.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 10, 2014

The time I spent at Alila was superlative. The Mountain View Villa I stayed in was beautifully appointed within, every amenity and service delivered with my comfort and relaxation in mind. The personal bathroom products use pure essential oils and it shows.
Without, the private pool, relaxation deck and view across lush rice fields to cloud wrapped mountains provided a frame for me to melt into... hours lost just gazing, dipping in and out of the pool, reading.
The Spa is really special at Alila, and this is in the land of spas! The environment they have created is unique and the massage was one of the best I have ever had in my life. My body felt re-invented.
On my last day I went to a morning yoga class with a really good teacher - a Balinese man named Komang - whose name is worth mentioning. His instruction was clear, concise and confident and his sequencing was fresh and inventive. The pace of the class was well considered and I worked hard without realizing it.
The food is wonderful, with every effort made to accommodate my specific needs and the view out to the rolling waves is hypnotic, perfect for long, leisurely meals. I did forgo that pleasure on my last evening as I could not bear to leave the haven of my villa, and then the in-villa dinning service was, fast, efficient, discreet and delicious.
All of this, delivered by courteous people with smiling faces - the staff are truly looking for ways to increase your pleasure. As I drove off back to the family life I was taking a break from I discovered they had loaded my car with bottles of chilled water and tucked a teddy bear into the baby's car seat.
I waved goodbye to a host of (by now) familiar faces and said "Thank you, I"ll see you SOON!"

Room Tip: Mountain View Villas are more private, and the loss of sea view is more that made up for by the moun...
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank Chris S
Reviewed March 10, 2014

Everytime I stay at Alila Hotels and Resorts I know what to expect, the luxury yet relaxing with stunning service. This time, at Alila Villas Soori was beyond expectation. The location of this beautiful Alila Villas is a real Bali's experience. You will view so many different colors from the green rice paddies and lush bamboo trees, to the colorful temples and the activity of Balinese as you will witness them live until you reach your destination. You don't even realize that you've arrived as this villas complex is right in the middle of rice paddies and the ocean! A superb experience that highly recommended.

Room Tip: Choose room with the ocean/ beach view, as they have beautiful beach entrance.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tabanan
The Legian Bali
The St. Regis Bali Resort
Alila Villas Uluwatu
Alila Villas Uluwatu
#1 of 9 in Uluwatu

Been to Soori Bali? Share your experiences!