The hotel staff were most welcoming and friendly, we were greeted daily by smiling faces & caring conversations, especially with the fantastic F&B manager.
The food was rarely mentioned as a highlight but turned out to be a great surprise bonus as it was delicious from the local Balinese cuisine all the way down to dessert. The breakfast is wonderful, instead of a wasteful buffet, you are welcome to order as you wish to a daily changing menu of small dishes. We also happened to be there when a visiting chef was in town.
Worthy to try some of their journeys such as
-the cooking class where the chef shared his secret recipes (don't do it if you expect to cook yourself!) and we learnt a lot instead of an hour of vegetable chopping.
- Segway ride through the villages and rice paddies - amaaaaaazing must try! It's the most carefree experience and a great way to get to know the friendly village nearby. Wear sunscreen, lots!
- golf at nirvana golf club
- spa! Consistent masseuse techniques, heavenly hot stone massages and tasty ginger tea with a kick
Only possible improvements:
- lighting in room too dim even for great ambiance
- villa felt a little small, wished the one bedroom was more spacious
- A chirping bird at 5:30am
Overall a cozy boutique villa resort.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set on the edge of the ocean between the Batu Karu Mountain and terraced rice fields, Soori Bali is a hidden refuge, rejuvenating and peaceful; it is Bali as it should be. Designed, owned and operated by renowned architect Soo K. Chan and his wife Ling Fu, the resort prioritises environmental and cultural sustainability. Crafted out of local materials, Soori Bali maintains a true sense of place. Keeping things pure, its restaurants use fresh produce from nearby farms and spices from its own garden; the resort’s spa uses only the highest quality organic products. All 48 of Soori Bali’s villas feature private pools with sweeping vistas. Within easy reach of the legendary Tanah Lot and an 18-hole championship golf course, the resort is perfect for those seeking spiritual and recreational delights. There are few places that revere nature’s gifts like we do, and absolute discretion for our guests is the pattern of our craft. Soori Bali is an amazing place to be, naturally. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Ctrip TA, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, getaroom.com, Hotwire, Priceline, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and TripOnline SA so you can book your Soori Bali reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Alila Villas Soori Hotel Tabanan
- Soori Bali Tabanan