“Everything perfect”
Review of Nirwana Bali Golf Club - CLOSED

Nirwana Bali Golf Club
More attraction details
Owner description: Start your dramatic swing to a haven with the jewel of the Indian Ocean at Greg Norman championship golf course, Nirwana Bali Golf Club.Nirwana Bali Golf Club at Pan Pacific Nirwana Bali Resort is an award-winning course designed by legendary golfer, Greg Norman. Overlooking the Tanah Lot temple and beautifully set amongst manicured gardens and rice paddies, the diverse and meticulously maintained course provides resort golfers and seasoned professionals an unparalleled golfing experience with its five ocean-side holes, three cliff-to-cliff tee shots and eight holes sculpted into the terraced rice fields. The signature hole of Par 3, 7th is the most photographed with the iconic Sunset Island temple of Tanah Lot as the backdrop. Nirwana Bali Golf Club is the only golf resort in Indonesia to be ranked in the influential US magazine, Golf Digest Top 100 Golf Courses outside the United States and was also ranked by Golf Digest as the number one golf course in Indonesia, Asia’s 10 Most Elite Golf Courses by FORBES Travel Guide and Indonesia’s Leading Golf Resort by World Travel Awards (2010, 2011, and 2012).Nirwana Bali Golf Club at Pan Pacific Nirwana Bali Resort with a long history of association with IMG Golf Course Management has involved at Nirwana Bali Golf Club since 1994 during the pre-opening, through the official opening in 1997 and in a consulting management relationship that continues until today.IMG Golf Course Management is recognized for providing high quality services to an elite portfolio of 18 clubs around the world. Partnering with IMG ensures delivery of meticulous standards of operation and an unrivalled experience for members and guests.Discover a lush 103-hectare hideaway built atop a sheer cliff with breathtaking views of the Indian Ocean and Tanah Lot. This secluded luxury golf resort, set in the tranquil village of Tabanan, West Bali, enjoys a magnificent setting along a sweeping coastline. Nirwana Bali Golf Club is 22km away from Ngurah Rai International Airport and is part of the stunning Pan Pacific Nirwana Bali Resort.Greg Norman has truly created a masterpiece.
Reviewed April 15, 2014

Now spending half the year in Bali I was enticed by a friend to learn to play golf at Nirwana at the age of 66.

I couldn't have wished for a warmer welcome, or a more fantastic coach in Darma, the resident professional. Others have also mentioned the cute but knowledgeable caddies which make playing here at this fantastic course such an enormous pleasure. I have just been watching the Masters at beautiful Augusta and I have too say that for me there doesn't look to be much to choose between it and Nirwana.

Whether you are a beginner or an experienced golfer, I can't recommend Nirwana too highly.

All reviews
"rice paddies"
in 12 reviews
in 32 reviews

Reviewed April 14, 2014

This golf course has serious wow factor. It is not cheap but is a must play for any person who has an interest in golf. The course is immaculate, caddies are excellent ( don't forget to tip them approx. 100000 Rupiah $10 Aus at the time of writing). Carts are included in your price. I have played many top courses and this is right up there. It is in the top 100 in the world so you will not be disappointed. You will remember the course long after you have forgotten how much you paid to play here. There are some beautiful holes incorporating the ocean and its views. Don't forget the camera but it may not do justice to what the eye sees!

1  Thank craig1923
Reviewed April 4, 2014

What a wonderful day and experience. The golf course was majestic and the 2 young ladies who performed the caddy duties were remarkable. My friend and I hired some clubs which for all intense and purposes performed their job. (Except for a broken 9 iron with no replacement.)

There is no denying the course is a wonderous design and full marks to G. Norman and the builders. The course was also in magnificent condition.

The cost was at the very high end for a days golf, working out just over $550 for 2 people with club hire. That was acceptable because we knew of the charges before we booked. However what I was not prepared for was the ridiculous costs of drinks etc. When we were charged over $22 for 2 Gatorades, I thought they were taking the piss. There reasoning, " we have to import the Gatorade". However, upon discovering the same product at Hardy's Supermarket in Sanur for under 60 cents, I felt compelled to write the review. I was also going to be charged over $10 for a "Fiji" water. After I picked myself from the floor, I declined, instead going for the cheaper brand.

I don't want to come across as being picky as the course was magnificent as were the staff. However guys, you have garnished my cynicism when you charge the public ridiculous prices as they are a captured audience. Don't do yourself the misfavour. No need to fleece an already fleeced public.

2  Thank john c
Casadevall, General Manager at Nirwana Bali Golf Club, responded to this reviewResponded April 12, 2014

Dear John,

Warm greetings from Pan Pacific Nirwana Bali Golf Club!

Firstly thank you for choosing to play at Nirwana Bali Golf Club and sharing your experience with us on Trip Advisor. We value your time and energy since our guests' perspective is very important to us and so is your constructive feedback, for our team as well as for readers and visitors from all around the world alike.

I would like to thank you for your very positive comments regarding the golf course design, the playing conditions and your caddies. This is hugely appreciated and we will be sure to share these comments withal of our team here at the club.

With regards to the broken 9 iron that was not replaced, please accept my sincere apologies for this. This is totally unacceptable and there is no excuse for this club not to be replaced. Since your visit we have recently taken delivery of the very latest Titleist and King Cobra golf clubs. These golf clubs come in a range of different specifications in left and right handed, regular and stiff shafts. Also with regards to the price of our drinks here at the club, we are currently working very hard with our suppliers to ensure that we can secure the best possible trade price for these brands, any savings will be passed directly to our guests. As we do not currently order large quantities we are unable to secure discounts for this product, couple this with the fact we have to import these brands this also adds to the price. We will continue to work closely with our suppliers to ensure that we can secure the very best price for these drinks, apologies in advance for the surprise with our pricing on this occasion. Please also be aware that we do have some fantastic drinks offers in our Golfers Terrace restaurant throughout the week including happy hour and other package deals. We are always looking at ways in which to provide the very best value in and around the club.

I do personally hope that you will be considering to return and play again at Nirwana Bali Golf as well as stay at Pan Pacific Nirwana. Please contact me directly on Ivan.casadevall@panpacific.com or our Golf Director steven.morgan@panpacific.com anytime and I will make sure that you are personally looked after and able to enjoy your best round of golf.

With thanks and kind regards
Ivan Casadevall

Reviewed April 3, 2014 via mobile

Played a round last week of march 2014 and am a return customer/player. Nirwana didn't disappoint -- great conditions and spectacular views. Caddies were good -- my friend's was better but overall good. Sun stayed out the entire round and by the end we were beat! Not nirwana fault obviously but recommend to play very early or later to avoid the heat!

1  Thank Rich S