“Wonderful course if you don't mind the fees”
Review of Nirwana Bali Golf Club - CLOSED

Nirwana Bali Golf Club
More attraction details
Owner description: Start your dramatic swing to a haven with the jewel of the Indian Ocean at Greg Norman championship golf course, Nirwana Bali Golf Club.Nirwana Bali Golf Club at Pan Pacific Nirwana Bali Resort is an award-winning course designed by legendary golfer, Greg Norman. Overlooking the Tanah Lot temple and beautifully set amongst manicured gardens and rice paddies, the diverse and meticulously maintained course provides resort golfers and seasoned professionals an unparalleled golfing experience with its five ocean-side holes, three cliff-to-cliff tee shots and eight holes sculpted into the terraced rice fields. The signature hole of Par 3, 7th is the most photographed with the iconic Sunset Island temple of Tanah Lot as the backdrop. Nirwana Bali Golf Club is the only golf resort in Indonesia to be ranked in the influential US magazine, Golf Digest Top 100 Golf Courses outside the United States and was also ranked by Golf Digest as the number one golf course in Indonesia, Asia’s 10 Most Elite Golf Courses by FORBES Travel Guide and Indonesia’s Leading Golf Resort by World Travel Awards (2010, 2011, and 2012).Nirwana Bali Golf Club at Pan Pacific Nirwana Bali Resort with a long history of association with IMG Golf Course Management has involved at Nirwana Bali Golf Club since 1994 during the pre-opening, through the official opening in 1997 and in a consulting management relationship that continues until today.IMG Golf Course Management is recognized for providing high quality services to an elite portfolio of 18 clubs around the world. Partnering with IMG ensures delivery of meticulous standards of operation and an unrivalled experience for members and guests.Discover a lush 103-hectare hideaway built atop a sheer cliff with breathtaking views of the Indian Ocean and Tanah Lot. This secluded luxury golf resort, set in the tranquil village of Tabanan, West Bali, enjoys a magnificent setting along a sweeping coastline. Nirwana Bali Golf Club is 22km away from Ngurah Rai International Airport and is part of the stunning Pan Pacific Nirwana Bali Resort.Greg Norman has truly created a masterpiece.
Sydney
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 24 helpful votes
“Wonderful course if you don't mind the fees”
Reviewed October 19, 2013

I loved the course. It was in great condition and the greens were lovely. I played in the morning which I'd recommend as it gets very hot during the day. Sure, it is expensive, I got a guest rate and it was still $150 but i also played new kuta golf course and nirwana course is so much better. I begrudged paying $180 at new kuta but not at the nirwana and I'd go back to play again. I also had a lesson the day prior for $40 which was great value.

Visited October 2013

71 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“Hard Course”
Reviewed October 17, 2013

I do not play golf, but I joined my husband (and the assigned caddy) and it was a very nice but difficult course.

Visited October 2013
Manama, Bahrain
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Golfing heaven”
Reviewed September 29, 2013

My brother in law and I played this wonderful golf course on the 14th September 2013. Obviously everyone remembers the signature hole over the sea but the course in general is beautifully managed and very challenging. It is expensive but quality always is.

2 Thank MichaelGorrie
Perth
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Great golf”
Reviewed September 26, 2013

This golf course is a great place to play a round, its a little expensive. But the course is top notch. Caddie is very helpful, I play of a 20 they make you feel like you play of a 1. Very enjoyable day.

1 Thank Captain555
Australia
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 44 helpful votes
“Good but Over rated for the price .....”
Reviewed September 22, 2013

A friend and I played there on Saturday. We knew it was expensive but i believe excessivly so. For what we paid for 18 holes + club hire + caddies etc worked out about A$350 a head !!!
It was a corporate sponsored day luckily so i did not personaly have to pay . There are a few holes which are spectacular and sit right on the cliffs but away from there they are pretty much like any normal coarse. To me it appeared parts of the rough were lacking in water and seemed somewhat dry, having been to Bali many times and knowing how green it is this surprised me. The caddies are excellent and know every part of the fareway, how far from the greens, club selection and keep you entertained. The lay out is very good and you are never under pressure for playing too slow. All the carts come with drinks and you can re-stock several times during your round sould you so desire.
if you wish to play then i would deffinately take advantage of staying there for the reduced rates tho i do not know the room rental pricing. In My opinion - great day out but not blown away for the money.

2 Thank Fernandez1960
Romy M, General Manager at Nirwana Bali Golf Club, responded to this review, October 3, 2013
Dear Nirwana Bali Golfers,

Warm greetings from Pan Pacific Nirwana Resort and Golf, Bali!

Thank you for playing at Nirwana Bali Golf and sharing your experience with us on Trip Advisor. We value your time and energy since our guests' perspective is very important to us and so is your constructive feedback, for our team as well as for readers and visitors from all around the world alike.

First of all, I would like to apologize for the expensive golf experience on our Greg-Norman-designed Award Winning Golf course and the fact that you felt that the course condition looked somewhat dry. Despite our green fees being above the average cost of playing a round of golf in Bali, please be informed that they still remain competitive within the region and bearing in mind that we have been ranked number 1 Golf Course in Indonesia and the only course in the country amongst the top 100 in the world, we personally believe we provide the value for a great day of golf. Moreover, we are inviting all our golf visitors to stay at our hotel in order to enjoy a fix ‘in house’ green fee which will entitle players with 40-50% discounts, depending on the day of the week.

As for the dry condition of the course, although we must be reminded that we are currently in the last period of the dry season and it will be naturally less green all over Bali, the main lies on the spraying treatment which we were currently applying to the entire Golf Course during your visit; we have been spraying at a high rate now to prepare for the upcoming wet season and this herbicide chemical for weeds control could temporarily make the grass lose its greenest color.

I also would like to inform you that you could enjoy our special “in-house” rate and priority booking if you stay at the Pan Pacific Nirwana Bali so feel free to contact our reservations at reserve.ppdps@panpacific.com and visit our www.panpacific.com for special golf packages.

In spite of this unfortunate episode, I do personally hope that you will be considering to return and play again at Nirwana Bali Golf and stay at Pan Pacific Nirwana. Once again, thank you for sharing your point of view with our agents, our team kindly extends their apologies as well and we all hope we will have an opportunity to welcoming you back to Pan Pacific Nirwana Resort and Golf Bali on your next visit to the Isle of Gods.

With kind regards