We stayed at the Bali Mountain Retreat (BMR) for five nights in early August 2013 and absolutely loved it! We arranged a transfer from Ubud through the BMR. The drive took about two and a half hours but was very enjoyable. The car was comfortable with air-conditioning and the driver was very friendly. We were welcomed on arrival by Richard and Rani – owners and hosts. They went out of their way to make our stay enjoyable, comfortable and relaxing, as did all of their wonderful staff. The location is beautiful in the mountains of Bali away from villages, tourists and major towns – a wonderful place to get away and really enjoy peace and serenity, a bit of the ‘old Bali’. As we booked only a week before we travelled to Bali we stayed in two different rooms during our stay. First was one night in a superior teak house room – traditional style, hand built and beautifully crafted accommodation. The room was beautifully decorated, clean, comfortable and well appointed. It had a comfortable king size bed and separate bathroom with shower, toilet and sink. Be aware the teak house is a circular configuration where you will share walls with other rooms so you will hear other guests going about their business. Most guests are aware of this though and make the effort to be considerate with noise levels. We then moved to the Lotus House which is a private bungalow. Also built in traditional style it was clean, comfortable and well appointed. The Lotus House had a separate bedroom, lounge area with day bed, TV and bar fridge. The toilet and shower (separate areas) were under the main roof but outside the lounge/bedroom area. It was absolutely beautiful and novel to enjoy showering in a private bathroom where, if you choose, you can leave the door open and look out over the amazing views across the mountain and trees. The food at the BMR is incredible – we enjoyed every meal, particularly the traditional dishes. They also offer a choice of western style dishes if you prefer. We also highly recommend having a massage (or three) during your stay at the BMR. There is a good selection of massages and other beauty treatments to choose from. All are very reasonably priced and the spa staff are well trained and friendly. The BMR offers a good range of hikes and activities though we chose to stay on the property and relax instead. We can’t speak highly enough of the BMR - our stay was just divine and we loved every minute of it. The accommodation, location, food, staff and hosts - it was all fabulous. It was the highlight of our Bali holiday and we look forward to staying again in 2014. Thank you Richard, Rani and the team. [Reviewed by an Australian couple aged 35-45].
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Bali Mountain Retreat is nestled high on the eastern slopes of Mt Batukaru in traditional Bali. An amazing outlook to the coast, a natural setting amongst the food forest and drinking water direct from a spring on the mountain. In one direction you can trek in the last true national park in Bali and in the other stroll through the sculptured rice fields. With comfortable accommodation and delicious meals in a truly traditional setting, Bali Mountain retreat is a unique experience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda so you can book your Bali Mountain Retreat reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bali Mountain Retreat Hotel Tabanan
- Bali Mountain Retreat Tabanan