TripAdvisor
Inbox
Search
Review Highlights
Chakra massage

This charismatic Mangku will definitely make you smile. He performed chakra massages on my wife... read more

Reviewed September 30, 2019
justin e
via mobile
Global healing adventures

What an amazing massage with Mangku Master. He was able to identify which of my chakras were... read more

Reviewed September 14, 2019
anantagrace

Top Selling Tours & Activities in and around Sidemen
from $65.00
More Info
All reviews chakra massage holy man unique experience thank you very much meditation body effect practice energy spiritual session smile lighter tips master strength pressure
Selected filters
Reviewed January 10, 2015

I met Mangku Mastra with my husband in September 2014. First, we had a yoga and meditation lesson with him on a balcony with a wonderful view of the landscape of Sidemen. During this lesson we have learned a lot about yoga and the energy, but also had a lot of fun. For me the meditation was an awesome view inside my mind and body. After this, I decided to get a chakra massage. This special massage was a great experience full of spirit!
Mangku Mastra is a very friendly, wisely and also funny man and I respect him a lot. I have learned a lot from him which I try to practice every day. It was a pleasure to get to know him and I will never forget these days in Sidemen. I thank Mangku Mastra for his words, our long conversation about life, his spirit and his smile. All the best for you... I always keep smiling :D

Date of experience: September 2014
2  Thank Julia F
Reviewed December 27, 2014

I just finished my chakra massage with Mangku Mastra and I really enjoyed the entire experience. He is a complete professional and it is not sexual or perverted in any way. It is not a typical massage and you should understand what chakras are before you book. The experience involved him chanting, and attention to the full body massaging and rubbing. It is necessary to remove your bra so that he can properly massage your body. He does touch your upper inner thighs and lower spine and buttocks. If you are not comfortable with that, then you could tell him before you begin. Although I think that you should go in with an open mind and let the guru work his magic. He gave me good advice about which chakras have tension and how to release them, and overall great life advice that I will take home with me. I was not in pain in any way. In fact, I told him to be stronger with me! I think that it was worth every penny and definitely enjoyed it. The massage was done at Samanvaya in their "spa" with a really nice breeze and fans to keep cool.

Date of experience: December 2014
3  Thank tripgal926
Reviewed November 2, 2014

Well, I must be among the one that don't see any spirituality in this massage.

As a woman, Mangku has touched outside the normal bounderies... yes, he is a bit of a perv - while massaging you, he may 'leave' an hand between your thighs... and will kindly suggest you to remove your bra when not needed...

Otherwise, this is the most painful massage I have ever received. I would have paid him to actually stop it. He has VERY powerful hands, and there is not a part of my body that has not suffered during this massage.

Not a nice experience.

On top of that, a VERY EXPENSIVE massage... 350K idr for 1:30 of pain & petting...

Date of experience: October 2014
7  Thank Lycia B
au-fait-with-bali, Friend of Mangku Mastra at Mangku Mastra, responded to this reviewResponded November 8, 2014

Mangku has asked me to reply on his behalf. Mangku is a holyman and honestly, what you wrote is most offensive to him, his religious beliefs and his culture. The Chakra with Mangku is extremely popular and we ask people before they take one, to understand the meaning of it and then you will not be offended or uncomfortable when taking a Chakra.

I think you pre booked a Chakra as it seemed to be the lastest thing to do, but you did not understand what it was. One of the 7 chakras is the root chakra which is at the base of your spine in the tailbone and of course, a personal area. Removing your bra is to do with the ease of transferance of energy ( apart from getting oils on your bra). If you have many blockages, it will be more painful as explained to you at the time, but to remove the blockages is part of the process of the Chakra for transferring energies and to help any healing if required. Sorry you did not enjoy your experience.

Reviewed October 26, 2014 via mobile

I appreciate and respect Mangku Mastra a lot. His words and practice remain with me every day. I met him for the first time during my stay in the Nirarta in March 2014 and I decided to come back a few months later to do the Baya Surya Yoga and Meditation with him. In the beginning it was totally different to what I had expected and I struggled. But then it turned into a powerful practice which, two and a half months later and back in Germany, I still continue on a daily basis. I can say that trough the Bayu Surya practice developed by Mangku Mastra one gains lots of fresh energy. I thank Mangku Mastra for his teaching, his patience and friendship, his smile. And I thank him for all his spiritual empowerment and the introduction into Balinese Hinduism which I hope to continue in the near future. All the best to Mangku Mastra.

Date of experience: August 2014
2  Thank kristinaneub
Reviewed October 24, 2014

Do not visit the Sidemen Valley without having a massage by Mangku Mastra. It is not for the meek, but it almost an "out of body" experience.

Three days later I still have a "glow" from the experience.

He also does yoga and we are planning to give it a try on our next trip to
Bali.