“paradise for honeymoon”

Ranked #2 of 18 Sidemen B&B and Inns
Mhamid, Ouarzazate, Morocco
“paradise for honeymoon”
Reviewed June 18, 2013

To be honest, this was the best stay we already had. first of all if you stay in Sidemen, you feel like you're in the real Bali. Local people are very friendly. you have the best views on the rice fields.
The villa was amazing. We had a nice view on the ricefields, and on the villa. The room was nice decorated and very big. A nice bathroom with view on the vulcano.
We had massage in a nice setting. The masseuses were very strong and professional.
The service is great. Always very friendly, honest, smiling.
They took good care of us. By 4 o'clock we get a cup of coffee with some biscuits, without asking it by the pool.
Thank you very much for such a nice stay.

Room Tip: room number 2!
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Tine V

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
  • Indonesian first
  • Slovak first
Sydney
Reviewed June 18, 2013

This peaceful small villa has everything you need for a few days very relaxing break. The gardens are lovely, running down through the rice fields and having a massage in their garden pavilion is nice (best to get a man though - the girls are a bit tentative in their style).

The upstairs rooms are definitely the nicest and the one overlooking the pool the very best. Staff are friendly and there are walks to do and you can get a car to other places.

We stayed in order to undertake the Mount Agung climb - and if you are thinking of this please be aware that this is a climb for very fit experienced walkers with the right gear. I am not really fit nor experienced and it was probably the most exhausting and frightening ten hours of my life (barring personal tragedies).

However, that said, I would recommend the hotel and the area. There wasn't much choice of eating establishments - we just ate at the villa - but if that isn't a priority then you will love it.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Balmaintraveller
island-explorer-82
Reviewed June 18, 2013

nice resort in the middle of nowhere with infinite views of the rice fields. if you have time it makes sense to stop here for couple of nights. rooms / pool were very nice and our stay here was one of the highlights our trip

Room Tip: deluxe rooms near the pool.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank bigislandhopper
shanghai
Reviewed May 7, 2013

absolutely the best stay in our recent bali vacation. we have travelled to Sidemen recently with 3 persons, hotel automatically add one extra bed without charging anything extra for the room and even the breakfast is included. the girl serve in restraunt is very cute, though the English is not as good as the service person in the bigger hotels, it's adquate. all the rooms has terrace and place to relax outdoor with marvelous view to Sidemen valley. the semi-open toillet decorated with colorful tiles, showing the great tast o the owner. and this is the only hotel in Bali i have experienced that doesn't requst deposit, very trust worthy place. i have stayed many places in Bali, and this is definitely with the best value. will definitely go back again.

Room Tip: all the rooms are facing the rice terrance and can see the Mt. Agung in the morning.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Qijia F
Singapore, null, Singapore
Reviewed May 4, 2013

I could only stay for a night but was so glad I did. Based on the other reviews I had booked a deluxe/upstairs room, and boy was the view outside stunning! Terraced rice fields and lush greenery all around. The room was clean, spacious and tastefully decorated with comfy balconies to lounge and admire the views. I took all my meals on the balcony. The staff are welcoming, friendly and always with a smile on their faces.. They went out of their way to make me feel comfortable after I had complained about the machinery noise from the construction of the swimming pool right beside my room. (They said the pool will be completed in a week or so.)

Sidemen is a beautiful place. I enjoyed taking walks from the hotel around the villages with even more gorgeous rice fields and watching the rural life. A beautiful side of Bali which I found elusive in many other touristed parts, one place which I hope to come back to. I hope things don't change because I see more accommodation being built...

Room Tip: Deluxe room is absolutely worth it.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Denver
Reviewed March 10, 2013

Hello,

I stayed at their place where they are building the pool-you can use the pool at their other property about a three minute walk away. I booked a standard room and they looked lovely but was upgraded to the deluxe room at the end on the second floor as I was the only guest at the time and was picked up by the manager at the airport. This hotel is owned by a local family with three properties. The room was lovely with a comfortable queen bed, plenty of storage, a lovely bathroom with a large stone bath and separate shower. There is a large deck with seating for at five. The view is so stunning I stayed longer than I had planned. You can see the rice field activities and mountains from your covered deck. The food was local and very healthy. They also have some wine at reasonable rates. Breakfast is substantial and included. I could easily stay here a month. I walked around on my own each day and swam in the river as it is deep and there are rocks to jump off. There are a few restaurants around but everything closes early. I think Sidemen is the most beautiful interior Asian town I've seen-agriculture in tune with the natural ecosystem. Those folks are living the good, good life there. Such peace-I'll be back.

This is not the place for you if you can't deal with frogs, lizzards, ants, and other creepy crawlies. This and all other lodging I saw are among the rice fields.

Room Tip: Go for the deluxe as you get the best view and it is worth the extra money.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Paris, France
Reviewed February 23, 2013

The Sawah Indah was by far one of our favorite hotels during our two week excursion to Bali. What a treat.

Our jaws nearly dropped when we first saw our room – which was hugely spacious – due to the breathtaking views of the rice fields and nature from our immense terrace. The rooms are immaculately and tastefully decorated, and our semi-outside bathroom had a deep bath tub.
We were told we had one of the best rooms – so definitely ask for a 2nd floor (1st floor for Europeans) room. There are two of them, and ours was the one furthest from the restaurant.
We probably could have spent 3 days in the room itself, alas we made ourselves venture out and rented a scooter to discover the countryside.

The hotel is not in the center of Sidemen (there really isn’t much to see in Sidemen itself) but this is of no consequence as the walks and rides through the countryside are fantastic. The countryside is lush, the people friendly.

The restaurant was fine and the service friendly, maybe one of the only negative points is that the restaurant was right next to a gravel parking lot which took away from its charm. There is no swimming pool yet (they are in the process of building one), but the owner owns a hotel next to Sawah Indah and the guests are welcome to use the pool facilities at that hotel.

Do not hesitate one second to reserve at Sawah Indah – you will absolutely not regret it.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the second floor (1st floor for Europeans) on the far side of the hotel.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple