This is a beautifully located hotel. our personal experience was not good, unfortunately, as upon our arrival we were told that our Gunung view room booked on their website had already been taken. As lovers of East Bali the pivotal experience is to experience the fantastic view of the awe inspiring Gunung agung which we first experienced when staying at the Sacred Mountain Resort some years ago. This relatively new hotel seemed like a good choice.
The room we were allocated resulted in one of my worst hotel stays ever:
1. cupboards FULL of mould
2. Toxic moth balls used liberally which made breathing and detoxing from our city lives impossible- we slept with all the doors and windows open.
3. fortunately, we had a mosquito net, but the fan was hardly working so we lay drenched in sweat on poly cotton sheets
4. Off course a shower etc. was out of the question as the water supply to the room was not functioning....
You get the picture.
fortunately the owners were very gracious and apologetic and did not charge us for the night. We did however have to check out as there were no other rooms available
I am sure that our experience was not the norm; the food was delicious and the staff helpful
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire and Agoda so you can book your Surya Shanti Villa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Surya Shanti Villa Sidemen, Bali