We stayed in a Deluxe Bungalow for 7 nights - and it was certainly worth the extra $40/night to have the large lounge room area downstairs (which opened onto a large semi-secluded garden area) plus an entire 2nd floor with a huge table and double day bed. We loved the abundance of drawers, carved wood everywhere, outdoor bathroom with mirrors extending along 3 walls, and the (surprisingly deserted) hotel swimming pool. We had no problem with noisy neighbors, as the one common wall connects at the bathroom not with the living or sleeping areas.
Our A/C was not working on the first night. When we reported the problem the next morning, it was re-gassed and then worked perfectly. To their credit, the staff continued to check our A/C for the next few days to make sure that it was still OK. When we reported that our shower water-pressure had dropped to a dribble, it was immediately and effectively restored. For us, the sign of a good hotel is how quickly an issue is resolved. We could not have been happier with our accommodation.
We agree with the other reviews here - snorkeling off the beach front - over the 'electric coral' - is spectacular. The Pondok Sari Dive school is unjustifiably expensive. Head over the road to YOSDIVE. For significantly less cost you get a friendlier attitude, the same dive/snorkeling sites PLUS a great meal and bottled water.
Whilst the Pondok Sari's free breakfast did the job, the restaurant was usually empty because the food is plain and uninspired. Strangely, they do not offer room service.
BADINI Restaurant - a 2 minute walk down the road - was always busy because their food is DELICIOUS (and cheap!). We also recommend the RARE ANGON SPA - 5 minutes walk away - support the locals and have an incredible 90 minute massage for $15.
PLEASE be warned - the Standard Rooms are cheaper because they are TINY. You can expect noise and privacy problems. On the other hand, if you book ahead and secure a Deluxe Bungalow you should have a luxurious holiday accommodation experience.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Pondok Sari is well known for its tropical garden, its traditional architecture and its shady trees on the sandy beach next to the calm sea. The Pondok Sari is built with love to artistic details with a relaxing flair and charming coziness. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Orbitz, Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Pondok Sari Beach Bungalow Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pondok Sari Beach Bungalow Hotel Pemuteran
- Pondok Sari Beach Bungalow Resort And Spa
- Pondok Sari Beach Hotel
- Pondok Sari Beach Resort
- Pondok Sari Beach Bungalow Resort & Spa Bali/Pemuteran