“Perfect place a litlle beat far from beach”
Review of Taruna Homestay

Taruna Homestay
Ranked #1 of 50 Pemuteran B&B and Inns
Reviewed March 17, 2013

You will not get the Permuteran feeling until you met Mr.Taruna(Taruna Homestay owner).
He runs his homestay as a wonderfull orchestra.Everthing works perfectly.The place is magical,charming and new bungalows amist the beautiful garden.Staff is perfect,professional ,friendly and all with a big smile.Food is fantastic,sure one of the best in the area.But Mr Taruna is something very especial,smiling he will help you in any of your needs.What a big soul and heart,he really has the balinese-induhist conciessness.Many thanks for you,SIR.Isac

Room Tip: Last bungalows have more privacy
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Taruna J, Owner at Taruna Homestay, responded to this reviewResponded March 18, 2013

Hi... Isac,

It's nice and surprise to read your very great reviews....thank you so much.
Hope you are both are fine .....
Our swimming pool will be operated next month so no worries any more during hot season in Pemuteran.

Well hope you can see us again in the future and keep your healthy.

Best regard

Reviewed March 16, 2013

Taruna is truly a gem. The owner is extremely helpful, the accomodations are comfortable and clean and the food is great. And all of this for a really good price. You can also get a perfect massage there. What more could you want??!!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear Paul,

Warm regard from Pemuteran .
We thank you so much for your review and we very glad to know if you satisfied to stay with us.
Hope we can serve you in any other occasion.

Enjoy your time.

Reviewed March 12, 2013

What I like here:

*) Cottages (super deluxe) are quite big
*) Bathroom on the open air - it's pleasant
*) Very quite place inside the territory (except the restaurant - see below)
*) There is quite and beautiful garden with grass and plants and it's very pleasant to sit here
*) Wi-fi is free and of enough quality
*) I like the design of restaurant and territory - nice pictures, unusual design of tables in restaurant and so on. It's not something "super", but it's quite beautiful.
*) Food is very tasty
*) Staff is very friendly and helpful (except one waitress in the restaurant who is very gloomy all the time - I didn't ask her name)
*) Beach is close
*) Really big kingsize bed

What I don't like
*) There is VERY dark inside the room. I want to live here, not just sit like in cave. I recommend to the owner to make a bright light inside cottages - it's important.
*) Only 1 desk and stool. We are two people, we need two.
*) Restaurant is very close to highway, and is VERY noisy from motorbikes. I recommend to the owner to protect dining area from the highway with a wall. It's difficult to speak sometimes when sitting in restaurant.
*) I prefer to have more choice in menu, but I understand, that it is not easy, because the restaurant and guesthouse itself not big.
*) No bathtub. It's not good, especially regarding the very hot climate here.

Overall - it's good place and I will recommend it to my friends.

Room Tip: If you order your dinner, it can take from half an hour to 1 hour to be ready. It's not a real p...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Andy P
Taruna J, Owner at Taruna Homestay, responded to this reviewResponded March 13, 2013

Dear Andy ( our lovely guest )

We thank you very much for your very kind review.
It's very good for us to know what our guest like and what our guest don't like.
And thank you as well to the tips. And with this helpful review, We know what we have to do for our services to our customer starting from to day and the future. We were very glad to be of your service and hope you can see us next time.
Just small info for you and other guest " our swimming pool will be operated next month".

Our best regard to you

Taruna kadek and team

Reviewed February 18, 2013

I spent two nights at Taruna homestay and loved it! I booked in for one night in a standard room, but was upgraded for free to an AC room because the standard rooms were full. When I arrived, I was given a welcome watermelon juice, my bag was taken to my room for me, and Taruna told me where everything was and what there was to see and do.
They even have a library/book swap, an exercise bike and a bamboo glockenspiel to use.
My room was gorgeous, complete with a satin robe, a bag and some slip on shoes for me to wear.
Everything was so clean, and all the linen smelled so beautiful.
The bathroom is amazing as well, with a semi outdoor shower, and the water comes out of a huge woman sculpture.
The food was so delicious and beautiful I took photos of it. I had grilled whole snapper, which was amazing. I loved the banana leaf rice covers, which they remove for you when it arrives, to keep the rice hot.
I also tried the Pecel, coffee arak, the spring rolls, and the seafood curry. Everything was flawless and reasonably priced.
My room was made up and cleaned perfectly after I left for the day. I accidentally left my money on the bed all day and it was still there when I got back.
Honestly the whole experience was flawless. The staff are so nice, kind and helpful.
If you want to try some really perfect traditional balinese food, come here just for that. The service is truly 5 star, better than anywhere else I've been in Bali.
They are also in the process of building a swimming pool at the moment.
I organised a snorkelling trip to Menjangan island through Taruna which was also very excelllent and flawless.

Room Tip: All the rooms are in a good location and it is very, very quiet here.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
Taruna J, Owner at Taruna Homestay, responded to this reviewResponded March 10, 2013

Dear our lovely guest,

We thank you for your very nice review.
Hope we can be of your service again in the future,

Regard and team

Reviewed January 21, 2013 via mobile

After a long day on the toad we found this little beauty. So impressed we decided to use it as a base camp for another day and explore the neighbouring sites- loads to do nearby with or without a car.
Family run business also massage on site, art shop, Laundry service , wifi etc and tours to nearby attractions. Visited in Jan, imagine the mozzies would be crazy in summer tho due to jungle location so deet up! Also on a main road so noisey when having food but rooms at back are quiet with sounds of the jungle.

• Stayed: January 2013

Dear our lovely guest,

Hope this e-mail find you very well.

We thank you very much for your staying, it was very glad to be of your service.
Hope you can see us again in the future.

Regard

Reviewed January 8, 2013

I spent three days in Pemuteran last week and Taruna Homestay made it wonderful. We stayed in one of their old cottages: there is not much room inside but it's clean and comfortable. I think the new ones are far bigger in sizes. There is no hot shower but we never had problem taking a bath, water is not icy cold :-) I love how their staff and the owner Taruna treated us; always attentive and kind. I also enjoy the complimentary Arak and peanuts at the restaurant. Food is delicious and always beautifully presented. Would really recommend this place and would really love to go back in the future! I just hope they will add some amenities in the future like dvd player or TV in the room or a small swimming pool, specially for the one's travelling with children.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family

Dear our lovely guest,

Warm regard from Pemuteran. We are glad to know if you are satisfied with our hospitality.
My family and me wish you have a good time.

Best regard,

Reviewed January 6, 2013

We made a spur of the moment decision to go to Pemuteran after spending two weeks in Ubud, in order to try the snorkelling and diving. We'd been to Gili Trewangan and been sadly disappointed, so decided to take extra days to get a real feel for the place.

We arrived early and were welcomed by Taruna with a drink, cold hand towel and a lovely explanation of what was around the village, how to get to the beach, the various interesting places to see and visit and a host of other information about the village. We also got upgraded to their deluxe room which we pleasantly found out had hot water (something we didn't know about when booking the standard room!).

Taruna and his family take a lot of pride in their homestay, warung and gallery, and it shows. Our bed had a handwritten welcome, personally addressed, on a frangipani leaf, sitting on it with flowers...a beautiful gesture. Every day our bed had new flowers and each night the staff came and turned on our verandah lights, lit the mozzie coil near the door, plugged in the electric mozzie coil and turned our bed down. It's little touches like this that made our stay memorable.

Taruna supplies a beach bag, simple sandals and wraps in the wardrobe for guest use which is great for the beach.

Yes, it's a bit of a walk to the beach, but there are no hawkers or intrusions and it's really just around the corner.

The gardens are well maintained and it's a lovely little private homestay of only 6 rooms. The outdoor bathrooms are fantastic and we had a wonderful time staying here. No problems with mozzies at all.

Now the food...this establishment is the first I have encountered in Bali that promotes the fact that it uses food grade treated water for it's food preparation. The food is exceptional and cheap, and we ate all our meals there. They even know how to cook eggs!

Every lunch and dinner is started off with an Arrak Attack welcome drink...if, like us, you don't drink, you should let the staff know and they will bring you a non-alcoholic drink.

Nothing was too much trouble and Taruna made sure to come around every so often to say hello to his guests as they had dinner.

Don't let the prices fool you, Taruna is committed to creating a fantastic and memorable time for you and it shows.

You can post letters and postcards from reception as well, and he has a shipping service arrangement which is 1x1mt sq for international shipping. The rates to Melbourne are reasonable and we may consider using it next time.

We found the dive shop KOKAK to be exceptional in their service and experience, and if you want to do diving I highly recommend them. They'll even take their underwater camera and take pics of your dive for you if you want an experience to show friends and family (for a cost).

Can't recommend this place highly enough!

The air con is not too cold like in some places, although it does lack tea/coffee facilities in the room along with a minibar/fridge.

We had a lovely relaxing time here and love the whole experience.

Well done, Taruna.

Room Tip: If you want hot water opt for the deluxe room. The food is really good and cheap and can be adapted...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple

Hello from Bali,

Warm regard from Pemuteran,

Your review are very nice and we were glad also to serve you , and we are happy to know if you are satisfied with our authentic traditional Balinese food.

Have a good day.