“Fantastic!”

Bali Diving Academy Pemuteran
Ranked #2 of 18 Tours in Pemuteran
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Bali Diving Academy Pemuteran. Diving Courses and Fun Dives for everyone. Since 1991. Part of Bali Diving Academy group- Day trips. With 4 Dedicated Diving Academies and Partner properties in Lembongan, Tulamben and Pemuteran, providing professional diving services supported by unmatched human resources and infrastructure on site at all Bali's top dive locations.
Reviewed August 25, 2014

I contacted two other dive teams and was so glad to get in touch with Karin in the end. She arranged for a place to stay, gave wonderful directions, and had a terrific crew. The Indonesian divemasters on their team are outstanding.

BaliDivingAcademy, General Manager at Bali Diving Academy Pemuteran, responded to this reviewResponded September 3, 2014

Dear Katherine Y

Thank you very much for this comment about our facility.

Happy Bubbles and hopefully see you again.

Reviewed August 19, 2014

It is more than half a year ago that I've done a snorkeling tour to Menjangan Island with Bali Diving Academy Pemutaran. I guess if anything has changed in te meantime, the owners will feel free to comment :-).

If you stay in Pemutaran, a snorkeling trip to Menjangan Island is an absolute must do! Actually, if you stay anywhere in Bali, you just have to go here! You will not be disappointed! And if you do so, go with Bali Diving Academy!

I made this trip with Bali Diving Academy and I highly recommend them. Very friendly owners, fun and capable staff, good boat, perfect snorkeling gear, great lunch. We visited two or three different places around the Island, all with different kind of fishes and coral reefs.

The price for this snorkeling trip was really fair and included lunch and snorkeling gear. They also have optical masks that made my snorkeling trip even better (normaly I have to check my pictures after snorkeling to see what these swimming items are).

What I found to be a great advantage was that when you have booked a snorkeling trip with them, you can use their snorkeling gear for free for the rest of your stay, for example to discover the great Biorock project in front of their office at the Pemuteran beach.

Only (minor) point for improvement is that on our boat there was no fish identificaton card. I don't know if there normally is one on the boats, and the staff was very helpful to identify the fishes from my pictures, but an ID card would have been useful too.

If we ever go back to Bali, I will definitely go snorkeling again with Bali Diving Academy :-)!

1  Thank jorisbreda

Dear jorisbreda

Thank you very much for your review, even though it has been a few month since you snorkeled with us, we can assure you the service is still the same. About the fish cards on the boat, we prefer not to bring them on the boats, as they are easily lost ;-) We do however have a very intensive library in the diving center and also many fish ID slates, so in the afternoon our team is more than happy to help you identify what you have been seeing during your trip.

Reviewed August 3, 2014

We would not hesitate to recommend Bali Diving Academy in Pemuteran. Our 18-year old son and my husband booked a five-dive package in advance, as we had discovered Pemuteran last year while on a dive safari. The dives with BDA were so good that they kept adding more and eventually logged 12 dives each with BDA during our stay. We were extremely impressed with their constant attention to safety. Upon arrival they were requested to read and sign a brief but comprehensive document, covering all safety aspects; this could be a model for all dive operators. BDA provides it in least six languages. My husband found the cautionary section on DCI risk to be a particularly informative reminder, as a diver can be exposed to this risk if travelling on a high altitude road—such as the scenic road from Pemuteran to South Bali.
The facilities are very conveniently located, right on the beach and just 20m from the entry point for shore dives. There is a nice outdoor sitting area in front, fully shaded and ideal to relax comfortably between dives. The gear (BCDs, regulators) are in very good condition. Also the dive boats are well maintained and organised even though there is no pier so boarding is from the shore/beach.
As we had not informed BDA of our plans prior to our arrival in Pemuteran, Karin the manager of BDA took the trouble of calling all the hotels in Pemuteran and Menjangan to find and inform us that the weather conditions were not good for the first dive! We really appreciated this and though feeling very sheepish for causing this trouble, Karin's concern made us realise right at the outset that we had made the made the right decision to dive with BDA.
We found the BDA team very friendly and accommodating. Pemuteran has a lot to offer, great dives both shore and boat dives on offshore reefs. We were particularly interested in the Biorock project, a highly regarded and successful community project to regenerate corals. My son and husband learnt a lot from Komang, Putu, Made and Kadek – the team in charge of the Biorock project. They were invited to join them on their dives so they could see the care and maintenance required to run such a pioneering project. Our son also had a chance to try his hand at underwater skills such as collecting garbage, removing parasites and attaching injured coral to the metallic structures that help them recover. As my husband has only PADI level 1 (Scuba Diver) certification, BDA made sure that Wayan, their guide for all dives, was always mindful of the 12 m max depth my husband is allowed. We appreciated that the ‘’small group’’ policy did not apply just to us because of this limitation, but to everyone else including families with an attention to individual needs and skills.
Diving with the Bio-Rock and BDA teams made us appreciate corals even more than fish (there are plenty of fish!). BDA is not only a friendly, safety-conscious and accommodating team with great teaching and organising skills, they are also highly committed key supporters of the Biorock project and back up their vision and passion with material support. Big thanks to both teams and we hope to be back in a not too distant future!
Our son adds: I learned about corals from the Biorock project staff. The BDA staff are very friendly. There are enough staff to accommodate large families. They can speak several different languages, ranging from English to Dutch to Bahasa. They are flexible and allow for dives to be cancelled if weather does not permit. Although, if you are doing an advanced open water course, they will leave no space for error.
They are very knowledgeable and aware of weather patterns and can assess which dive site would be good to dive at. There are several different dive sites to choose from. There are a few of the local staff who cannot speak English but that is fine because the staff that speak English will be able to translate.

Dear sableHongkong

Thank you very much for your review in such detail and it is always good to hear that you are impressed by our safety standards and services provided by our team. We are trying to constantly improve wherever we can, but it is also nice to hear when people like you and your family are already very happy and feel safe.

Hopefully see you again in the future.

Reviewed July 29, 2014 via mobile

This is just a great diving school. They take care of safety in a great way. With my daughter I got my own dive master to help us with the equipment and who guided us the next dives with only the two of us. The equipment was fully prepared by him and then taken to the beach where we got down under water to visit some nice diving sites like the Liberty wreck (great to see) and Coral Garden where we saw a black tip shark and some beautiful statues down below.
Arriving late in the evening before diving they arranged a place to stay and recommended us other good diving schools on Bali like Geko Divers in Padang Bai and some nice dive spots elsewhere on Bali as well.

Dear RyanVelsen

Thank you very much for your review.

Reviewed July 26, 2014 via mobile

Safe, fun, professional, reasonable price, great diving sites and staff/instructor. My husband and I were considering diving so we googled/tripadvisored some diving courses in Pemuteran. Bali diving academy popped up as a highly recommended with PADI (which is required for diving back home in Norway). We ended up not only doing our open water here, but after finishing we went straight to Lembongan where we did our advanced with the same company! We loved it that much! Great experience and learning thanks to a great team and company! Great diving sites in Pemuteran, such clear, warm and quiet waters with all kinds of colourful fish and coral! And biorock is really cool and a great project!

Lembongan was recommended to us when we said we were thinking of doing advanced another place in Bali. Was not disappointed! (saw mantas!!) Thanks for the recommandation!

Pemuteran is perfect for beginners like us! It will get you hooked!

ps: by accident i pressed the 'useful' button on a bad review and can not undo it. Sorry! (I thought I was liking the academy's answer.. New on tripadvisor!) I'll let you know the bad reviews are not deserved, and are well cleared up and answered by the academy!

Dear LeilaB

Thank you very much and it is always great to hear when people like you, move between locations and have a great time in either spot.
Hopefully we will see you for some more diving in the future.