“Passionate custodians of the sea”

Bali Diving Academy Pemuteran
Ranked #2 of 18 Tours in Pemuteran
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Bali Diving Academy Pemuteran. Diving Courses and Fun Dives for everyone. Since 1991. Part of Bali Diving Academy group- Day trips. With 4 Dedicated Diving Academies and Partner properties in Lembongan, Tulamben and Pemuteran, providing professional diving services supported by unmatched human resources and infrastructure on site at all Bali's top dive locations.
Reviewed June 8, 2013

There's a lot of heart in this smallish operation. We were in a group of 4 snorkelers and 1 diver and went out to Menjangan Island. Later I checked out the biorock project off Permuteran. Karin gives talks on it regularly.

BaliDivingAcademy, Owner at Bali Diving Academy Pemuteran, responded to this reviewResponded June 18, 2013

Hello Mauilaurie,

Thank you very much for the comment and for enjoying your time with us.

You are right, we are very passionate about conservation and we love to transmit this passion to everyone which dives and snorkels with us or simply passes by to ask for information.

Thanks once again and looking forward to welcome you again!

Best Fishes!

Reviewed May 14, 2013

Did 2 dives at Menjangan Island and 2 muck dives.
The dives at Manjangan was good except for the entry for the second dive where we had lunch. A lot of rubbish in the sea. Rather drop the divers over the wall so they don't swim over the rubbish.
The muck diving was superb but not everyone's thing as there is a lot of rubbish in the sea but you see all the weird and wonderful critters all in 7m of water in between the rubbish and structures they gave put there.

1  Thank Mataka

Hello Mataka,

Thank you very much for your review and for diving with us!

Yes unfortunately sometimes (fortunately very rarely and depending on the time of the year), when there are heavy rains, there might be some rubbish from Java... The best we can do is keep diving with our nets and collect the rubbish, bring it back to the diving center and send it to the South for recycling.
Fortunately it does not happen often!

Thanks once again and looking forward to dive with you again!

Happy Bubbles

Reviewed May 7, 2013

As starters, we did snorkelling around Menjangan island. It was amazing to see how many fishes, coral and other live is under the water. Menjangan is a good place when you doing this for the first time. Don’t forget the sun screener for your backside and arms! On the island is nothing like food or drinks, so take it with you or eat before.

1  Thank rolvink

Thank you very much for the comment and for snorkeling with us!

Yes the island is still very basic fortunately, and about food and drinks no worries as we cater for all, included special requests like vegetarians, vegans, allergies etc.

Hope to see you again soon!

All the best

Reviewed April 2, 2013

We spent 4 days in Pemuteran getting our first dive experiences through the Open Water Diver course. Our instructors, Edi and Andrew made the experience really relaxed and safe, guiding us calmly throughout the whole course and making the transition from the confined water dives to the open water dives feel like a piece of cake. Although one of us was feeling a bit uncomfortable and anxious during the first day of the pool sessions, all worries disappeared during the second day of diving, thanks to our experienced instructors.

Even though we were visiting Pemuteran during Silent Day, which is when ALL of Bali is closed up and everyone is supposed to spend the whole day inside, we were able to enjoy the day within the boundaries of the Taman Sari resort, snorkeling and reading through our dive theory texts before the exam the day after. Thanks to the crew at Nusa Lembongan for instructing us to go their Pemuteran dive center instead of the one at Nusa Lembongan, although I'm sure we would've enjoyed our time there also :)

After our last dive at Pemuteran, we decided to go to Tulamben and dive the USS Liberty wreck that's located close by to the Bali Diving Academy's Tulamben site.. We had everything arranged through the Bali Diving Academy at Pemuteran, including transportation from Pemuteran to Amed and from there to the dive site, and everything worked just perfectly!

Even though spending time at a resort is not something we usually look for when going on a holiday, I must say that the Taman Sari resort, which the dive center at Pemuteran is located next to, is a beautiful & affordable place to stay at when you know that most of your time will be spent in the water, either diving in the sea or practicing your skills in the warm pool next to the dive center. The bungalows were fantastic, with AC and a great outdoor shower room. Out of the 12 different bungalows that we stayed at during our time in Indonesia, we both agreed that it had the most comfortable bed of all of them :)

Thank you all at BDA for making our first dive experience a memorable one! I'm sure we'll continue our diving, although here in Finland it currently seems like quite a distant fantasy, considering the -5 degrees Celsius and ice-covered sea...

1  Thank niclasmakela
BaliDivingAcademy, Owner at Bali Diving Academy Pemuteran, responded to this reviewResponded April 5, 2013

Hello Niklasmakela,

We loved to read your review.

The Open Water course is one of the most important steps of a divers diving career and Edi is definitely a professional and calm instructor! It happens to feel uncomfortable at the beginning as the underwater environment is a new one for us... but as you now know, once you start to understand and especially let go... it turns out as one of the best experiences ever!

You have experienced Pemuteran and Tulamben, next time you really have to come back to dive in Lembongan and see mantas!

Thank you once again for the comment, it's been great to read it and we really hope you will keep diving all over the world and one day come back to see us again!

Happy Bubbles

Bali Diving Academy Team

Reviewed March 26, 2013

This was my first trip to Pemuteran and I was unsure of where to go for a good dive company. The hotel Amertha directed me to the Bali Dive Academy and I was not disappointed. I was welcomed warmly and began with a night dive with Wayan Diarta as my guide. We dived the Bio-rock and it was fascinating. I arranged 2 dives the next day to Menjangan Island. WOW. My guide and buddy, Edi Muliono, was awesome. He also helped me with some aspects of my diving which made me more comfortable. THANKS Edi. I was so impressed that I went again the following day with my wife who snorkelled in a group. She also love it and said her guide Gede was lovely. My guide, Komang Sulandra was keenly interested in the micro fauna. He showed me Nudhibranchs and tiny crabs and shrimp living within anemones'. This is a wonderfull dive site and the staff at BDA made for a very relaxing time. Thank you also to the management team of Dre and Kathrin.

BaliDivingAcademy, Owner at Bali Diving Academy Pemuteran, responded to this reviewResponded March 28, 2013

Hello Greg,

Nice to hear from you again!

Thank you so much for the nice comment, we could see that you were happy but reading your enthusiasm is a totally different thing, great!

We hope to see you again soon and good luck with all your projects!

All the best and see you next time

Bali Diving Academy Team