“Good for veggies as well as meat eaters”
Review of Santai Warung

Santai Warung
Ranked #6 of 44 Restaurants in Pemuteran
Cuisines: Indonesian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed June 27, 2014

The food is awesome. We've been in Indonesia for a while, eaten a lot of meals out, this place really stands out. Made is a star, such an amazing cook. It's a little bit off the beaten track, but it's well worth finding this place.

2  Thank DiveObsessed

Reviewed May 4, 2014

This restaurant is situated next to the Taman Sari hotel. Made, the owner cooks delicious real balinese food at a very reasonable price. I travel on my own, and Made and her husband made me feel so welcome,telling me some of her cooking secrets, and also information about the Balinese culture.Her husband is also a guide and a driver and they both speak excellent English. Thank you Made!

2  Thank fieldmouseAustralia
Reviewed April 30, 2014

During our 2-week stay in 2013 we found this little jewel in a side street to taman sari hotel following the tripadvisor app navigation :-) We were so excited about this warung that we visited it 3 times.

Don't care about the barking dogs in the street. They are just loud. We got little tip from Made & Ketut from the Warung Santai: Just kneel down and touch your hand to the ground. The dogs think you will lift a stone and throw after them (like the kids in Bali do) and turn around. Since my wife fears dogs, Made & Ketut came around with a rather unconventional solution. They offered a free beer to a friend and asked him to lenghten his stay for half an hour and play taxi for us, an offer he obvisously accepted :-)

Each visit we couldn't stop smiling about such an overwhelming amount of heartiness. Because of the dogs mentioned above they installed something like a "shuttle service" for us (yes, 3 people can sit on a moped..) for the 2 following visits. The last time we went to the warung, Made cooked a special meal only for us. She went to the market and bought something fresh for a little goodbye-meal for us which wasn't on the menu.

The warung is very original, the local people eat there and play music (guitar, drums) almost every evening, making the experience not only about the meal (which always was perfect, Made is a godlike cook). If you visit other warungs along the "main street" of Pemuteran (which we did a few times) you really taste the difference between this one and the more "touristic" ones.

1  Thank Gourmero
Reviewed April 26, 2014

Our favourite place to eat in Pemuteran. The food is delicious and cheap and it has a great atmosphere. You will not meet more genuine and honest people than Gustut & Made, they will make you feel very welcome & are very helpful. My children & I also did a cooking class at Santai Warung with Made, it was lots of fun.

2  Thank AnitaL901
Reviewed March 22, 2014 via mobile

I spent a couple of days at warung santai and I was blown away. The rooms are very comfortable, spacious, affordable, and each of them has a nice outside bathroom as well. Ketut (owner/tour operator) is very accommodating and generous. He let me borrow his snorkeling equipment and answered all of my questions about the area. He offers a variety of tours (trekking/snorkeling) as well as transportation to different parts of bali (airport, ubud, etc.). The food is delicious and Made (Ketuts wife) is a wonderful cook. If you are looking for a great place to stay in pemuteran I would definitely suggest warung santai!!

1  Thank Cashwl1