“Lovely place to stay”

Ranked #30 of 50 Pemuteran B&B and Inns
London, United Kingdom
“Lovely place to stay”
Reviewed September 29, 2013

I stayed 6 nights at Jubawa in August & loved it; it is worth paying a bit more for a room by the lovely pool - it was wonderful to step out of my room & into the cleanest pool I think I have ever seen. I'm amazed at the review here that said the poolside rooms were noisy?..! I especially chose a poolside room because I was told the garden rooms are a bit noisy; I heard no noise other than the usual sounds you would expect to hear in the countryside anywhere in the world - e.g. cockerels in the morning etc.

Juli & the rest of the staff are all wonderfully friendly and helpful; they brought meals to my room when I didn't feel like eating in the restaurant, even when they were busy & despite my room being a bit of a walk from the restaurant.
NB: The massages are excellent.

Room Tip: If you're keen to have Wi-Fi ask for the room I had - W1 - it's right next to the Wi-Fi poin...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Seahorse0804

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
  • Indonesian first
Tweed Heads, NSW
Reviewed August 26, 2013

We have just had a 3 night stay here in a poolside room, and we're exhausted! The noise ALL night is unbelievable. I had read other reviews about the noise from cockerills and dogs, and must admit to thinking it's country Bali, what do they expect? But it is terrible. I am usually a very sound sleeper who can sleep through mostly anything, but not here. The cockerills crowed all night and several dogs in the properties behind our room barked and howled all night. It doesn't help that the bathroom walls are not fully enclosed, they only come 3/4 of the way up to the roof, so there is a large open gap resulting in noise travelling straight into the room. To top it off, after being woken again at the crack of dawn on our last morning after a terrible sleep, we'd managed to drop off to sleep again. Only to be woken at 6.45am by hammering outside our window - someone was fixing a sun lounger!

The room itself was spacious and clean. I found the bed very uncomfortable, way too hard, but my husband found it comfy. The bathroom was very basic, but clean enough. No shower curtain means that everything in the bathroom gets soaked when you take a shower. Hot water is patchy, you have to be quick if you want enough hot water for two of you to have a hot shower. There was no bin in the room or bathroom so nowhere to put your rubbish, which was annoying.

The pool is absolutely beautiful (the best thing about this place) and sparkling clean. It's lovely to lie there, with the mountain view. Some of the staff were friendly, but we were met on arrival by a grumpy, rude woman who was unable to crack a smile. When we politely declined the offer of diving or trekking tours through the homestay (we had already arranged diving through Macro Dives who had much better reviews) then she did not even say hello or acknowledge us for the remainder of our stay. When we approached her about having absolutely no hot water on out first night, she virtually ignored us and did nothing about it. A nicer staff member moved us to another room the next day.

Breakfast is basic but what you expect for the price. Dinner was included in our rate, but after catching a glimpse into the absolutely filthy kitchen we decided not to bother. There are some nice, cheap options in nicer surrounds in Permuteran.

I'm afraid we wouldn't stay here again, even for the cheap rate and beautiful pool it's not worth it.

Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Travelers are raving about these Pemuteran hotels

Reviewed August 21, 2013 via mobile

Didnt get to stay there as they double booked us. We took there alternative as it was late. The alternative was a room next to a kitchen. Then we received an email from booking.com saying we had cancelled our stay and we were liable for payment. This place looks like good place to stay but if they make a booking error they should try and ensure you are directed to a place with rooms that are the same standard.

• Stayed August 2013
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed June 27, 2013

Stayed at Jubawa during 6 June to 9 June(3 nights),very nice experience there, stayed at standard room,spacious,clean,and the staffs there are friendly too, I love theirs swimming pool,though not very big,but for a budget homestay like Jubawa,it is good,worth the price!they did offer free breakfast and dinner,very big bonus,especially their dinner,authentic local taste,yummy! They can arrange West Bali National Park trekking and Menjagan Island snorkelling/diving program at very good price!wifi only at swimmng pool and restaurant,and signal at swimming pool very strong,next time will choose to stay at rooms around swimming pool area!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Lai S
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed June 8, 2013

I can heartily recommend Jubawa Homestay, located just a short drive from Bali Barat National Park in the touristy village of Permuteran. The place is wonderful. We stayed in a lovely room with a wonderfully clean bathroom, had great beds, princely decor, good wi-fi and even a swimming pool. Staff were wonderful in providing information about local snorkel spots, arranging for a guided bird tour of the National Park and keeping our place spic-and-span. Meals were good and the breakfast free. They even made up a bag breakfast for me when I had a 5:30 a.m. start to the birding day. For the price, it would be hard to beat!

Room Tip: All the rooms looked nice but there is a row of rooms that might be a bit more noisy. Take the indiv...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Cleveland, Ohio
Reviewed June 3, 2013

We stayed here a few nights after arriving from Java. We wanted to get off the beaten path and my husband wanted to do some diving at the National Marine Park. This place was perfect. It is not on the beach, but there is not a real beach scene here anyways. The rooms are clean and comfortable. Hot water showers and the more expensive rooms have a/c. The room rate included breakfast and dinner. There are not a lot of food options in the area so this works out well. The highlight of this place is the pool. Large enough to swim laps and sunny enough to do some sunbathing. The massage room is located back here. The only negative is that the restaurant is located close to the road. This is the main northern road so it is always busy. We were able to get onward transport right outside the restaurant. If you are looking to stay in this area I highly recommend staying here.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed March 2, 2013

Pemuteran doesn't have many budget choices anymore and Jubawa was the closest thing I could find to budget when searching through books/online. That being said I did find a better place (see my other review in Pemuteran) for cheaper.

If you pay the standard rate, you get breakfast+dinner included and a basic fan room. There is a mosquito net but the fan wasn't strong enough to reach the bed. I was roasting in the room but didn't want to take off the net because of the mosquitos. Bathroom was fine and room was pretty clean. Overall it was okay just a little pricey for a backpacker like myself. If you are with a friend or a group, it should be easier.

You also have access to a (warm) pool (could have done without and a cheaper price) and wifi by the pool.

Room Tip: The cheapest bed (fan only) was very hot. The fan wasn't strong enough to go through the mosquit...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled solo