“Great food and great staff! Villas could do with a lick of paint”

Taman Sari Bali Resort & Spa
Ranked #2 of 9 Hotels in Pemuteran
Reviewed September 8, 2013

This place has all the potential to be a real 4-5 star resort. Location is great with an amazingly unique dive site located directly outside the hotel. Worth going there nearly just for that. Food was really great at this resort and very reasonable, I tried a number if dishes and was never disappointed.

Staff and service in general was very prompt. Washing returned in under two hours when they had a day, food service was very quick and dive staff were really friendly.

The villas themselves were I am sure top notch once upon a time but now really do need a lick of paint and some attention. They were comfortable but pillows were stained and generally things need freshening up.

I heard the suites or family villas had been returned more recently so perhaps that's the way to go. They were fully booked when I was there so worth booking in advance for those rooms.

All in all though I would recommend, a lovely place and really good value for money as well.

Somewhere a but different from your normal Bali locations.

Room Tip: Upgrade to one of the newer rooms
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo

Reviewed August 1, 2013 via mobile

Garden of the Angels , yes that is what Taman Sari means and you will be surrounded with a little heaven your whole stay . I have been going to Bail yearly since 2003 and this is my home for me .love The staff , the food the blissful Bali Sea, everything makes this stay your best holiday

• Stayed: September 2012
1  Thank Thelillywhite
Reviewed July 14, 2013

Me and my girlfriend stayed here in May 2013 for 10 nights and loved it!
We had travelled from the UK with 3 flights and a 4 hour car journey to get here and would do it again!

When we checked in we were greated and the process was very smooth topped off with a complimentary drink, we got there very late and slightly jet lagged so a free upgrade to a honeymoon suite went down a treat! It's the most beautiful room I/we have stayed in, a huge four poster bed, huge bathroom, bath and shower, air-con, porch, private swimming pool and a TV! This is also the confiest bed in the world .... if you sit or lie on it for more than 5 minutes expect to be asleep!
The staff are extremely friendly and very helpful, the meals are very fairly priced (I'd recommend getting the Bintang from the Markets in town to save a few Rupea . . )
The facilities at the hotel are also very good, there is a shop on site too (a bit pricey but good if you can't be bothered with the walk into town).
The hotel can arrange excursions for you (hiking, diving, snorkeling etc.) but we arranged these ourselves which I'd reccommend doing to save some money. I'd highly reccommend Macro-Bali for the diving too, it's just up the street and they are brilliant. I'd never dived before and my girlfriend is an advanced open water diver and we both loved the diving, they were very patient and I had a brilliant tutor (I'll put a seperate review up about these guys.)
The food at the hotel is very, very good and I would suggest at least having one meal in the hotel.
A big benefit of staying here is being able to snorkel out to the bio-rock project, which is a must see. Also go to the turtle hatchery at Reef Seen (a 5 minute walk up the beach), you can release your very own sea turtle and contribute to an amazing project for just 50K rupea.
The scenery at the resport is mind-blowing, surrounded by mountains and right on the beach, what more could you want?
There isn't a great deal to do here unless you are like us and love relaxing, diving and hiking. Pemuteran is a small linear village dotted with mainly restaraunts and shops.
There is only 1 money changer in town! They can set there rate as they wish because there isn't one for miles! We got a much better rate in Ubud so get the hotel to check the rate for you or get it before you arrive. We asked the hotel what the rate was and the staff even offered to get it for us and brought it to our room, now that's room service!
We did have a problem with the toilet leaking (not the hotels fault) but they sorted this instantly and we had an issue with our TV, the lisence had expired, but the staff sorted this out straight away too.
The beach is beautiful black-sand which gets incredibly warm! There is a lot of litter but they are working on clearing that up and it doesn't detract from the overall beauty of the place

I would seriously reccommend a stay here as we thoroughly enjoyed ours.

Room Tip: Every room looks fantastic but if you are lucky enough to get Lotus 1 go for it! (Make sure you get...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
6  Thank A1ex29
Reviewed July 8, 2013 via mobile

Very pleasant stay here. Very friendly and polite staff. Huge room and super outdoor bathroom. Loved the verandah with day bed. Have a feeling they might have upgraded us but they didn't say so! Each large room has its own little plot. Staff come and put mosquito coils on terrace and in bathroom so we didn't find them problem plus decent mosquito net. Very close to beach- we had sea view. Nice loungers etc on beach. Pool was a little taken over by kids so didn't go in it. Had a problem with air con but someone fixed it immediately. Only bad thing was the restaurant. The chicken I had on first night was still bleeding. They took it away, only to bring it back, after I'd finished my meal, completely blackened on the outside and still bleeding on the inside! Needless to say, I didn't eat it. All in all, would recommend hotel but it could do with modernising a little as looking a bit dated in decor.

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank jo_and_luke
putu_retix, Front Office Manager at Taman Sari Bali Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded July 9, 2013

Dear Jo_and_Luke,

Thank you very much for your review about your recent stay with us at the Taman Sari Bali Resort and Spa. it give us a great pleasure that you are enjoyed your stay here, but we are very sorry for some inconvenience cause.

we hope you choose to stay with us again, knowing we will do what we can to make a better services.

Most sincerely,

I Putu Reti ( Mr. )

Reviewed July 7, 2013

The surrounding gardens are nice and the location is good for divers that want to use Bali Dive Academy, but I had a number of issues with my room. First, there was no overhead light in the room so it was too dark to see anything. The drain in the outdoor bathroom had no grate on it and thus was filled with leaves and did not drain properly. And worst of all there was a mysterious and strong sulphur smell that was present inside and outside the room. Positives were the friendly service in the front desk and restaurant/bar, plus the good snorkeling just off the beach, but you could stay at Pondok Sari next door and have a better overall experience.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
3  Thank 0asterias0

Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you so much for your review about your recent stay with us at the Taman Sari Bali Resort and Spa. Your gracious comments are a continuous inspiration to our team to work harder every day.

We are very sorry about some inconvenience cause and we have notified the management of your concerns.

we hope you choose to stay with us again, knowing we will do what we can to make up for your unfortunate experience. Thank you again for your input.

Best regards from Pemuteran North of Bali

I Putu Reti ( Mr. )

Reviewed July 1, 2013

Very nice garden and a nice beach!beautiful bathroom ,good food,good breakfast(I like how they start..with fruits..and not in the hurry, at the beach!).Friendly staff also!Some advices:please clean the mosquito nets.thank you!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed June 29, 2013

My husband and I arrived in Pemuteran looking for a break from the typical Balisean tourist attractions (Ubud, Kuta etc) and were so happy with what we found. It's an adorable small spot that attracts back-packers and people who prefer quiet. Tons of lovely restaurants along the main road (we found Taruna on our second night and ate there 3 more times - the food was exquisite). Snorkelling at Madagan island is not to be missed if you like snorkelling - there is literally a cliff underwater with the most amazing variety of coral and fish we'd ever seen.

Taman Sari has a perfect strip of beach. The resort is small (24 rooms), peaceful, rooms have lovely outdoor bathrooms. At just $70/night, it's a bargain. It's more than you'll pay for some of the smaller guesthouses, but they mostly don't have beaches.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Pemuteran
Adi Assri Beach Resort & Spa Pemuteran
#1 of 4 in West Bali National Park
Amertha Bali Villas
Amertha Bali Villas
#4 of 9 in Pemuteran

Been to Taman Sari Bali Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!