KDongDing Local Culinary Journey - Day Class
Open today: 8:00 AM - 9:00 PM
Book In Advance
Tours from KDongDing Local Culinary Journey - Day Class tend to sell out - travelers recommend booking in advance!
Why Book on TripAdvisor?
  • Tour highlights & full itinerary
  • Easy online booking
  • Lowest price guaranteed
More Information

All reviews balinese cooking traditional market chef nyoman vegetables and fruits ins and outs amazing teacher cooking area family compound wonderful balinese local ingredients balinese experience satay pancakes market tour chicken salad picked up from our hotel real bali
Reviewed October 11, 2017 via mobile

We loved it! Niomang our guide was super friendly and approachable and made the so experience really enjoyable.
First we had a tour around the local market where he explained the ins and outs of the ingredients commonly used and gave us a good insight into the daily lives of the Balinese.
Next we were taken back to his house complex where he lives with his extended family. They have an incredible plot of land where they grow many exotic plants and veg and even their own coffee.
We then sat and chatted in a relaxed atmosphere and met some of the family and animals.
The cooking class itself was also great. Very interesting and fun and the food itself was delicious!
Highly recommended :)

Date of experience: October 2017
kDongDing, Owner at KDongDing Local Culinary Journey - Day Class, responded to this reviewResponded November 14, 2017

Dear Alessandro.

We would like to thank you, for referring our Cooking Class. We are happy to provide our service and experienced to you.
It is our wish that you are bringing home a thousand beautiful memories and the recipe of Balinese food. It gives us true happiness to see your smiling faces.
We wish your experience Bali as an unforgettable journey destination.
We do hope that we will have the opportunity of welcoming you again once you are in Bali.
Komang/Nyoman Mahendra Say Hello to you.... :)

Reviewed September 30, 2017

My girlfriend and I did the cooking class a couple weeks ago and I do not know where to start. The people were amazing! So nice, so helpful and really treated us like family. The food we cooked was fresh and delicious. We were brought to the local fresh market, showed around the family house and learned about Balinese food, culture and history. I can not say enough about this! Was the best overall experience in Bali!

Dear Stephen,

Reviewed September 29, 2017 via mobile

My husband and I booked this through Bali traditional tours, wow what can we say , we met the amazing Nyoman at the market just 5 minutes from his home and instantly felt like we had known him for years so super jolly and chatty we spent time walking around the market , he showed us all local foods explaining everything to us along the way we learnt so much , then we were welcomed into his home we couldn't believe how amazing it was and how much we were made to feel like part of the family, we walked around met family members, even met their pet monkey they had rescued, we sat and enjoyed their coffee and the began the cooking , there was just us 2 which was fantastic, we chopped and prepared all the ingredients that has been all peeled and measured out for us and began to cook, it was absolutely brilliant we chatted and laughed and learnt along the way Nyoman was the perfect teacher helping us and explaining everything , we plated up and sat round the table and the food was out of this world nicest meal we had had in Bali so far , we met his lovely wife and sons , we didn't want the class to end , he welcomed us back if we were to visit Bali again he was so friendly and genuine .

Couldn't say enough good things about our experience , a must whilst your in Bali for a true balanise authentic cooking experience.

Thanks again Olivia and james

Dear Olivia and James,

We would like to thank you, for referring our Cooking Class to you and Thank you too for Bali traditional tours.. We are happy to provide our service and experienced to you.

Reviewed September 20, 2017 via mobile

I have been traveling through Bali for almost two months and this has to be one of my favorite experiences so far. It is not just a cooking class, it is so much more. You get to a full culture experience. I have learned more from them than I have from anyone else. They will pick you up and drop you off from where you are staying! They were so kind and hands down the nicest people in the Ubud area. It was my boyfriends birthday and they went out of their way to make a cake and make us feel welcomed. I really love these guys!! If you are looking for a unique experience in Bali, you honestly need to do this!

Dear Julia,

We would like to thank you, for referring our Cooking Class to you. We are happy to provide our service and experienced to you.

Reviewed September 4, 2017 via mobile

What an amazing way to spend my last day in Bali! This was definitely the best cooking classes I have ever done. I really enjoyed the tour of the markets in the morning and understanding more about the vegetables and fruits grown in Bali. A lot of the ingredients we also used in our cooking. I loved how friendly Apples and Mr Black were and that I got to prepared and cooked food with them in their family home and meet some of their family. I'm vegetarian so i was so happy that I got to cook Balinese vegetarian food and it was so so tasty! I would totally recommend you to do this cooking classes - I was definitely one of my highlights of Bali.

Dear Grimmerl ,