“I can now cook Balinese food.”

KDongDing Local Culinary Journey - Day Class
Ranked #5 of 16 things to do in Payangan
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: K'DongDing Balinese Cooking Class is presented for those people with keen interests in authentic Balinese food and culture. Learn to cook well-known local dishes in a relaxed and friendly environment. Small classes (only 4-12 people) are held in a traditional open kitchen, and led by certified Balinese cooks, making for a highly personalized and rewarding experience.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Activities for older children, Wheelchair access, Activities for young children, Stroller parking
Reviewed April 18, 2016 via mobile

A fantastic experience. Cooked and ate a 5 course Balinese meal.
Dhono our teacher made it a lot of fun. Now to go home and repeat the meal for friends.

kDongDing, Manager at KDongDing Local Culinary Journey - Day Class, responded to this reviewResponded May 13, 2016

Dear Mikeofadelaide,
We would like to Thank you , for your candid comments, we are happy to provide our service to you and we are feeling so happy to hearing that you are enjoyed your cooking lesson with us in Bali. It gives us true happiness to see your smiling faces.
I wish your experience Bali as an unforgettable journey destination.

Thank you for your kindness and cooperation, we will use your criticism to render better services to my next client.

we do hope that we will have the opportunity of welcoming you again once you are in Bali.

All reviews
"balinese dishes"
"balinese compound"
"family compound"
in 3 reviews
"picked up from our hotel"
"insight"
"school"
"ubud"
in 8 reviews

Reviewed April 18, 2016 via mobile

Trying to stay away from the well trodden tourist routes and activities I was searching trip advisor for balinese cooking lessons near Ubud. I came along this one on trip advisor with great reviews so we booked in.
We had an excellent time.
Dhono picked us up from our villa on the other side of Ubud from his Kampong. We then went to his local market learning about produce used in Balinese cooking. Much of it we had seen at our market back home but some we were unsure what we vould do with it. Now we know!
We then went back to the Kampong of his family and set about learning how to cook 5 dishes.
Dohno is an acomplished chef with alot of knowledge about his craft and is eager to share his passion for Balinese culture and food.
Time went buy very fast and before we knew it we were savouring the feast of out labour.
I highly recomend this experience to people of all levels of cullinary skill.
A very enjoyable experience. Thankyou Dhono.

Dear Jane,

Reviewed March 30, 2016

this was the one experience that exceeded our expectation at every turn. The class is held in a beautiful home with extensive and serene gardens. The chef and his staff were charming, patient, very skilled and funny. You start with coffee and treats and a traditional gift. Then you really learn and make an amazing 5 course meal. At the end you enjoy the food you prepared.We then toured the grounds and met the families and their sweet roosters, chickens, cow, pig, kittens and pup. So fun! My 8 year old and teenager boys loved it too.

Dear CrowdFundDiva,

Reviewed February 24, 2016 via mobile

I literally have no words to describe how good this restaurant was. Good attention, fabulous food, excellent drinks and it has a really good mood!
The price isn't too high if you have a decent budget, it is expensive to the prices of the country through, I'm taking about eight or ten USD per person, but the dishes really worth it!!
If you go you'll have no regrets at all!

1  Thank Asmahan d

Dear Asmahan,

See more reviews
Reviewed February 8, 2016

My first cooking class and it was amazing. Starts off with a trip to the market. Wayan Apple is a fantastic guide. Took us through the different market stalls explaining the different kinds of produce. We get to touch, smell and taste. Then an insight into the Balinese household and way of life. The chef was fantastic, walking us through the ingredients and steps of each of the 5 course menu that we cooked ourselves. Which we get to sit down to enjoy at the end. Amazing flavours and one of the best experiences. I would definitely recommend this to all my friends as a must do in Ubud.

Dear Siriyoc,