My partner and I recently stayed at the Como Shambala Estate.
This was our first time in Bali and we absolutely loved it. We spent 3 nights at the Como Shambala and stayed in a Private Pool Villa. From the moment we arrived to the moment we left we were treated like royalty. I've never been somewhere where the staff are ALL smiling and greeting you by first name, and remembering our names! They could not have done more to make our stay unforgettable.
The Villa was stunning! Private 10m infinity pool, outdoor shower and decking (as well as indoor shower and steam room!), the worlds biggest bathtub which gave us both loads of room. A beautiful 4-post bed which was heavenly to sleep in... need I go on?
We had the please of our own personal assistant - Eka, to take care of our stay and ensure we had anything we needed. Each day she greeted us with the same lovely smile and would make excellent suggestions for our day ahead. She organised Rice field trekking for us, as well as white water rafting through the jungle as well as smaller details like the temperature of the pool and informing the kitchen of dietary preferences - SUPERB!!
We had treatments every day, These are excellent, I loved the Thai Massage although some may find it firm, I love that. The facial was also so nice I fell asleep I was so relaxed!
The food is all fresh, local organic and super healthy! there's even a RAW food menu with raw starters, mains and desserts! you just leave the place feeling healthier than you ever have in your life!
we even saw other guests arrive and looking super stressed and highly strung, completely transformed within a day or two into smiling serene alter-egos! amazing!
It's impossible not to love this place! definitely the best place we've ever stayed.
Bali is a 16-hour journey away but I would do it a thousand times again to stay at this place!
you will NOT be disappointed
THANK YOU EKA!!!! We miss you! haha
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- COMO Shambhala Estate is a residential health retreat with luxury villa-style accommodations near Ubud, Bali. This ‘Retreat for Change’ is a place to relax and improve wellbeing. State-of-the-art wellness facilities include a Vitality pool, private treatment areas beside the River Ayung, a climbing wall, gym, Pilates studio and yoga pavilion. The Estate’s Resident Experts, who all support the 360-degree approach to wellness, include a Yoga Master, Ayurvedic Doctor and guides for outdoor activities, with nutritional menus by COMO Shambhala Cuisine. The range of suites and villas, perched above the Balinese jungle, suits independent guests, couples, or small groups. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Travelocity, Priceline, Orbitz, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your COMO Shambhala Estate reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Como Shambhala Estate Hotel Payangan
- COMO Shambhala Estate Bali/Payangan