“Best Holiday EVER”

Ranked #3 of 8 Hotels in Payangan
London, United Kingdom
“Best Holiday EVER”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 22, 2014

My partner and I recently stayed at the Como Shambala Estate.
This was our first time in Bali and we absolutely loved it. We spent 3 nights at the Como Shambala and stayed in a Private Pool Villa. From the moment we arrived to the moment we left we were treated like royalty. I've never been somewhere where the staff are ALL smiling and greeting you by first name, and remembering our names! They could not have done more to make our stay unforgettable.
The Villa was stunning! Private 10m infinity pool, outdoor shower and decking (as well as indoor shower and steam room!), the worlds biggest bathtub which gave us both loads of room. A beautiful 4-post bed which was heavenly to sleep in... need I go on?
We had the please of our own personal assistant - Eka, to take care of our stay and ensure we had anything we needed. Each day she greeted us with the same lovely smile and would make excellent suggestions for our day ahead. She organised Rice field trekking for us, as well as white water rafting through the jungle as well as smaller details like the temperature of the pool and informing the kitchen of dietary preferences - SUPERB!!
We had treatments every day, These are excellent, I loved the Thai Massage although some may find it firm, I love that. The facial was also so nice I fell asleep I was so relaxed!
The food is all fresh, local organic and super healthy! there's even a RAW food menu with raw starters, mains and desserts! you just leave the place feeling healthier than you ever have in your life!
we even saw other guests arrive and looking super stressed and highly strung, completely transformed within a day or two into smiling serene alter-egos! amazing!
It's impossible not to love this place! definitely the best place we've ever stayed.
Bali is a 16-hour journey away but I would do it a thousand times again to stay at this place!
you will NOT be disappointed

THANK YOU EKA!!!! We miss you! haha

Room Tip: Private Pool Villa Vasudara (I think?)
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Odgey2k

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (75)
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Yangon (Rangoon), Myanmar
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 21, 2014

We stayed at COMO Shambala for several nights and it was just wonderful. The paradise garden nourishes the soul, personalized services are up to world class standards and when it comes up to food one would love to follow a healthy lifestyle forever. Superb property managed by a highly professional team which offers all you can dream of. Hang out at the holly spring near the river, book a holistic SPA treatment or follow one of COMO's special excursions. You will def. leave COMO Shambala re-charged and entirely happy.

Lucia and Felix Eppisser

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Paul L L, General Manager at COMO Shambhala Estate, responded to this review, August 22, 2014
Dear Lucia and Felix Eppisser,

Warmest greetings from COMO Shambhala Estate!

Thank you so much for your kind words on the Estate. Few places in the world are more calming and zen-inducing than a beautiful nature. Many has remarked the Estate as an amazing place where the sought-after inner peace can be found just from observing the beauty of nature. Reading your comment, we are happy to you also shared the feeling.

We believe that continuous process of learning and rebalancing, aided by special environments, specific knowledge and healing therapies and commitment to the process; allow guests to get rejuvenate, to make changes to their lives. We cannot be happier to learn that this was achieved during your stay with us.

Your thoughful aknowledgement of our team is really appreciated – it has put a little spring in their steps.

We look forward to your return where you will be able to explore more what we have to offer.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 19, 2014

I was on holiday in Ubud for a couple of days and had the pleasure of experiencing Como Shambhala staying in a beautiful Pool Villa - absolutely amazing. I had my own large outdoor living area with a swing bed and 2 comfy deck chairs beside by 10 mt swimming pool (which could be heated if I wanted to), then inside was an extremely comfortable bedroom with large flat screen TV and extremely comfortable circular lounges, a separate TV lounge area with large walk in wardrobe, then a very large bathroom with huge bath tub and a shower that was also a steam room. That led to our outside shower deck with access into the pool. Did I want to leave my villa - NO....why would I.
I was also lucky enough to have an excellent Butler called Eka who was there for me whenever needed and was happy to arrange spa treatments, show me around the huge grounds.
The meals are amazing all organic offering an amazing menu selection along with some incredible juices. Alcohol is available but not offered - this is a health retreat.
Como Shambhala is a health retreat - you can stay on a bed and breakfast basis however I strongly recommend taking a 3 night programme where all your meals, Spa treatments are included and I feel would be better value for your stay.
The location offers some amazing views where you can easily just "chill" and listen to the birdlife or do yoga or pilates or enjoy a spa treatment down by the river.....300 steps down and 300 steps back up again.
I can highly recommend experiencing Como Shambhala.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
Paul L L, General Manager at COMO Shambhala Estate, responded to this review, April 28, 2014
Dear Judy A,

Greetings from the island of the Gods and a thousand temples!

Thank you so much for the lovely review. It is a compliment we at COMO Shambhala Estate love to hear.

We trust that the flight of stairs, 300 steps down and 300 steps back up, has brought you to our lovely Kedara (Water Garden). Many have commented that the pools at Kedara are so rejuvenating – it is an unique feature of which we are very proud to have this mindboggling feature. The water is naturally rich in minerals and originates from our own natural source – we call it “the Source”. The villagers in Begawan believe that the Source is a holy one with healing power. We often hold religious blessing ceremonies there which are performed by a local celebrant and an assistant who guide the guest through the event. The blessing takes approximately 20 minutes, during which the celebrants pray for the guest’s safety, health and happiness.

Your kind words on our One Bedroom Retreat Villa is much appreciate. Should you feel inclined to do so, you can consider one of our five residences in your next visit. Their designs were inspired by the five elements, with the entire concept taking 10 years to build. The aesthetic mixes Asian and European influences, handmade furniture, Indonesian artefacts and architectural details that exude the spirit of the region.

We are happy that you recommended our wellness programme. We would like to think that the programme is beyond “value for money”. Our wellness programme aim to help individuals find a sense of peace through the continuous process of learning and rebalancing, aided by special environments, specific knowledge and healing therapies. It is our sincere wish that at the end of their stay with us, our guests are able to bring and integrate their “discovery” into their daily life.

We hope you will return back home soon, perhaps with family to relive your fond memories in the Estate.

Reading, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 15, 2014

I was travelling alone and as an older person I was very apprehensive ..although I am a seasoned traveller... i need not have worried ..this place is just perfect........the staff ...fantastic..the manager fantastic..he was effecient..very friendly..very attentive....and fun personalitiy.. I cried when i left.

The Pa looking after you is a brilliant idea..service excellent.,.....
I had various massages but the one with DEWA ..the head and shoulder massage was to die for ..i went back for a second one with him.....very strong hands.....beautiful setting over looking grenery.
food excellent......the breakfast in the bedroom was a real treat......candles by the bath when I arrived. I was in heaven.
now there are a lot of steps.. i hate walking...but managed them ok ..no probs if I can do it anyone can.

I went on the visit to see the healer advertised on the website ...in my opinion and yours may be different was a total waste of time and money,..8 mins and he was done.....

I did however book myself a tour operator before I arrived who was just brilliant ....fantastic company..effecient..caring..informative it was NYman Grago ar Bali Traditional Tours..very very very good value for money. tel no if younwant it..62 85 935 009 823. i never visit a place twice..but I will be back.....stunning

• Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
Paul L L, General Manager at COMO Shambhala Estate, responded to this review, April 27, 2014
Dear windy87,

Greetings from COMO Shambhala Estate!

Thank you so much for taking the trouble to write about our beautiful property – the words of praise from such a seasoned reviewer as yourself mean the world to us all here.

Whether you are travelling alone or as a couple or with your families, the Estate welcomes you. We are here to help our guest making real and lasting improvements to their lifestyle while learning to relax more completely. Every aspect of the Estate answers to this greater purpose—the design, facilities, staff, treatments, cuisine, accommodation and community. On a side note, we have run a “friendship table” during lunch or dinner in glow. It is a designated table in which can seat more guests than usual; where guests can come together and meet each other, rather than sitting separately alone, or in couples etc. We hope you had the opportunity to experience it.

Nestled across 23- acres of tropical forest clearings above the Ayung River in the heart of Begawan Village, the Estate is designed in complete harmony with nature thus steps are crucial in blending the building with nature. We are happy to know that you managed to “conquer” them. I hope if you ever stay with us again in the future, you will be able to enjoy our Estate Walk. It is designed for a leisure and challenging but fun walk. Its route allows our guest to explore and see the hidden beauty of the land – some areas can be such inspirations that we stop walking for a while. Enjoying the lush greenery, the nature sound while sitting down on the grass have helped many to see life in different way and get inspire to be more.

I have passed your compliment to Dewa, as well as our PA team and our Food and Beverage team. It is the employees that often leave the longest impression and create meaningful memory on our guests. We are very lucky to have such a talented team and I have already shared your comments with everyone at the resort.

We look forward to your return very soon where you will further explore what we have to offer.

sydney
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 11, 2014 via mobile

This place is perfection! I never write reviews but this place deserves it. The estate is so beautiful, and its beauty isn't captured in the photos. It's quiet and a perfect place to chill out by yourself or with a friend/ partner. The food is amazing, within the wellness package you're provided with 3 course meals at lunch and dinner, it's almost too good to do a cleanse. The service is impeccable and the staff are amazing. While I questioned the cost initially when you arrive and you see what's included it's certainly worth it.
Highly recommended!

Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
2 Thank herbsby
Paul L L, General Manager at COMO Shambhala Estate, responded to this review, April 26, 2014
Dear hersby,

Greetings from the Banjar Begawan!

We are greatful and happy to know that your COMO Shambhala Estate experience has managed to “entice” you in writing your first review.

The word “Perfection” certeainly is aptly used to describe the Estate. We are very fortunately that the nature has given its beauty freely to us – from white silvery clouds glide almost imperceptibly against the blue sky to animal singing their joy to life. All are something that needs to be experienced since it is too rich to be captured in words or picture.

I have passed your lovely comment to our Restaurant and Kitchen team. They are very proud to know that they have played important roles in creating memorable experience for you. Our COMO Shambhala Cuisine is designed to maximise energy and wellbeing with the use of nutritionally rich foods. Consuming the cuisine in itself is helping to cleanse the body from the outside in. We hope there will be another opportunity in the future for you to explore more of our cuisine and juices.

We look forward to welcoming you back home home to the Estate in the near future.

St Croix
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 7, 2014 via mobile

I am currently in residence for my 3rd visit to The Estate; it is truly perfection.
Starting with the airport greeter all the way down the line to groundskeepers, everyone has a smile and warm hello.

This is the place if you are looking to reconnect with nature, spirit, peace and tranquility; it is like no other.

Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
Dear STXresident,

Greetings from COMO Shambhala Estate!

Thank you so much for putting in a good word for the Estate on Trip Advisor. It is much appreciated.

It is thrilling to know that we still managed to give you “perfection” in your third stay with us. Here in the lushness of Banjar Begawan, we are blessed with the healing grace of nature. That blended with carefully crafted comforts and services makes for an exacting healing holiday indeed.

We hope that we would be able to welcome you back again in the near future. Can't wait!

Oakland, California, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 5, 2014 via mobile

This was a wonderful place to stay - great and healthy food, extreme privacy; wonderful, friendly, and professional staff; Seamless efficiency of service and special planning; restfulness; accessible and wonderful culture. The best thing about this place though was the intrinsic and breathtaking beauty. I loved it and I will go back!

Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Paul L L, General Manager at COMO Shambhala Estate, responded to this review, March 26, 2014
Dear Andy M,

Greetings from COMO Shambhala Estate!

Thank you for your review of the Estate. It is our goal to immerse all of our guests in a positive, holistic and healing experience through all aspects – design, facilities, staff, treatments, cuisine, accommodation, community, adventure and culture. Nothing makes us happier than to learn that we have succeeded and to know that you have shared your kind comment to the world about our service and facilities.

All we can say now is we hope to welcome you back home to the little Paradise in the near future.

Paul
Also consider these accommodations in or near Payangan
Viceroy Bali
COMO Uma Ubud
#14 of 195 in Ubud
5.0 of 5 bubbles 1,280 reviews
Hanging Gardens of Bali

Been to COMO Shambhala Estate? Share your experiences!