I enjoyed my stay at the COMO Shambhala Estate in Ubud. The resort is stunning with lovely villas offering tranquility and complete privacy. Breakfast each morning was fantastic and the food overall was fresh and well-prepared. COMO's staff was top-notch and Paul was extremely professional, kind, and accommodating. There were significant internet connection problems during my stay, but apparently the internet goes down regularly in the area and it isn't the resort's fault.
I opted for the "Be Active/Get Fit" program as I was looking for a detox/more intensive physical/health program to kick off 2014. I found the activities offered as part of this program disappointing as they seem to be geared more towards older individuals who are not currently in very good physical condition. The aqua fitness class involved 15 minutes of walking around in water and then laying down on chairs with massage jets of varying pressures, the mini-yoga and qi gong classes were no longer than 30 minutes each and involved more laying down and breathing, the bike ride was nice but short, and the only time my heart rate actually increased was during my one individual personal training session (which was AMAZING!). I wouldn't recommend the Be Active/Get Fit program for anyone who is already in decent physical shape as it isn't much of a challenge.
That program aside, the actual resort is fantastic with stunning views and gorgeous pools. Walk down 350 steps to the rock pool with a view of the waterfall, it'll be worth it!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- COMO Shambhala Estate is a residential health retreat with luxury villa-style accommodations near Ubud, Bali. This ‘Retreat for Change’ is a place to relax and improve wellbeing. State-of-the-art wellness facilities include a Vitality pool, private treatment areas beside the River Ayung, a climbing wall, gym, Pilates studio and yoga pavilion. The Estate’s Resident Experts, who all support the 360-degree approach to wellness, include a Yoga Master, Ayurvedic Doctor and guides for outdoor activities, with nutritional menus by COMO Shambhala Cuisine. The range of suites and villas, perched above the Balinese jungle, suits independent guests, couples, or small groups. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Ctrip TA, DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ Supplier Direct, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Agoda, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Priceline, Hotwire, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your COMO Shambhala Estate reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Como Shambhala Estate Hotel Payangan
- COMO Shambhala Estate Bali/Payangan