I am staying currently at the Uma Ubud,the Shambhala Estate's sister hotel (also by Com see my review). I visited the Shambhala estate today for Sunday brunch and what an experience it was.
The hotel is simply stunning built as it is on the top and side of a gorge. The views are breath taking and the site itself is just stunning You really have to see it to appreciate it (and I am sure that we only scratched the surface with our post prandial wander). Being built on the side of the gorge does seem to mean a trek from the lower rooms but golf buggies are available at reception to help the infirm and the obese it appears.
The estate is large and I think there are more rooms than at the Uma so probably it is not quite as intimate and personal as the Uma although the staff, as at the Uma, are a delight and polite to a fault.
The brunch was staggering and those who read my reviews will see that I have reviewed a number of Brummy brunch spots, as well as those in London well this knocks a UK brunch into a cocked hat! Not a buffet but proper sit down with each dish cooked freshly for you there were about 50 to choose from each being just enough for two people.
Just perfect and nicely balanced I could not fault it and with a bottle of wine a sweet plate and coffee a lovely way to while away a few hours on a Sunday afternoon.
Was it expensive? In a word yes but then again luxury usually does cost and compared with the Chedi in Oman this was a walk in the park!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- COMO Shambhala Estate is a residential health retreat with luxury villa-style accommodations near Ubud, Bali. This ‘Retreat for Change’ is a place to relax and improve wellbeing. State-of-the-art wellness facilities include a Vitality pool, private treatment areas beside the River Ayung, a climbing wall, gym, Pilates studio and yoga pavilion. The Estate’s Resident Experts, who all support the 360-degree approach to wellness, include a Yoga Master, Ayurvedic Doctor and guides for outdoor activities, with nutritional menus by COMO Shambhala Cuisine. The range of suites and villas, perched above the Balinese jungle, suits independent guests, couples, or small groups. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Agoda, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotwire, Ctrip TA, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your COMO Shambhala Estate reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Como Shambhala Estate Hotel Payangan
- COMO Shambhala Estate Bali/Payangan