As most other visitors have said, this is a class resort. Outstanding service and food and a great location (as long as you're not expecting a beach!). It was very noisy during part of my stay because they were cutting odwn trees but I imagine that's just bad luck. There are fantastic spa facilities plus a range of other activities. The freewheel bike ride is a great way to see some of the more remote villages but do it early in the morning. Only downside was coming back from the estate walk to find a leech attached to my arm. I guess that's what you should expect in the jungle.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- COMO Shambhala Estate is a residential health retreat with luxury villa-style accommodations near Ubud, Bali. This ‘Retreat for Change’ is a place to relax and improve wellbeing. State-of-the-art wellness facilities include a Vitality pool, private treatment areas beside the River Ayung, a climbing wall, gym, Pilates studio and yoga pavilion. The Estate’s Resident Experts, who all support the 360-degree approach to wellness, include a Yoga Master, Ayurvedic Doctor and guides for outdoor activities, with nutritional menus by COMO Shambhala Cuisine. The range of suites and villas, perched above the Balinese jungle, suits independent guests, couples, or small groups. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ Supplier Direct, Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Ctrip TA, Agoda, Priceline, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your COMO Shambhala Estate reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Como Shambhala Estate Hotel Payangan
- COMO Shambhala Estate Bali/Payangan