Ubud Hanging Gardens has a truly special and unique location perched on the slopes of a jungle valley over-looking a royal temple...it is hard to beat!
We stayed in villa 53 which is a panoramic deluxe. I would definitely recommend upgrading from the riverside villas, as the views are significantly better the higher you stay. Our villa was at the end of the row and as such we had total privacy and uninterrupted views across the valley. The villas are beginning to look quite tired both inside and out - however the magnificent views soon push the niggles to the back of your mind. The plunge pools are great for relaxing and appreciating the natural beauty of the surrounding area, we didn't find the water cold, just perfect and most mornings we had the wild monkeys sitting at the edge of the pool watching us sleep.
The communal areas are well maintained and the staff are particularly friendly. Breakfast is as good as it gets, the buffet selection is extensive, fresh and tasty and supplemented by a variety of cooked to order egg dishes. It is a shame the same cannot be said for the dinner menu - it is a shambolic disaster of mis-matched ingredients, served on poorly designed plates at sky high prices in comparison to other top quality Ubud restaurants. To make matters worse, the wine list is a disgrace and utterly over-priced - this was a real shock to us. We only ate in the restaurant once, but for the rest of the evenings we took the complimentary shuttle at 17:00 for the 30 minute ride to Ubud, looked about at the marvellous sights and shops and then ate in many of the amazing restaurants in Ubud! (A tip to remember is to take a local car/taxi back to the Hanging gardens, avoiding the extortionate 30 dollar fee the hotel wants for picking you up).
We took the local village walk arranged but the hotel which was well worth the 15dollars - to walk through the rice fields and visit a local village was special. We also visited the Elephant safari park which was also great as you get to spend a lot of time with the Sumatran elephants. Also make sure you visit the temple opposite the hotel owned by the local ‘Royal Family’.
Overall we absolutely loved our 4 day stay at the Ubud Hanging Gardens – it is not perfect but 100% memorable in a great way.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hanging Gardens of Bali is a luxurious destination in the heart of the jungle. It is situated near Payangan, a village North of Ubud, whilst the hotel rests in the centre of the magical island of Gods. The enchanting five star luxury resort has 44 private suites and individual villas, each enhanced by its own granite infinity pool, rippling into the jungle below. Each villa is designed with traditional Alang Alang thatched roofs in complete harmony with nature. In 2014, TripAdvisor and Conde Nast Traveller named our Twin-Tiered Cascading Pool as the World's Best Pool and number one honeymoon destination in Bali by Conde Nast Traveller. In 2015 Hanging Gardens of Bali has been awarded: World Luxury Hotels Awards, Seven Star Global Luxury Awards and World Travel Awards as well as other prestigious recognitions, such as the World Luxury Spa Awards and the World Luxury Restaurant Awards. The renowned Garden Restaurant serves innovative Indonesian dishes with Asian flare and Mediterranean delicacies flavoured with the local herbs and spices grown on the land and freshly-caught fish from the Jimbaran Bay. The truly luxurious Spa Collection combines natural, local ingredients and ancient techniques to create beauty therapies and treatments that soothe the mind, rejuvenate the body and energize the soul. Complimentary shuttles to Ubud center are scheduled daily for guests. The airport is around 90 minutes away by road depending on traffic. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Priceline, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Hotwire, getaroom.com, Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your Hanging Gardens of Bali reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ubud Hanging Gardens By Orient-Express Hotel Payangan
- Hanging Gardens Ubud
- Hanging Gardens Hotel Ubud
- Hanging Gardens Of Bali Payangan