Ubud Hanging Gardens was the wow hotel of our honeymoon stay. This place is simply breathtaking - the location in the hills of Ubud opposite a temple with the valleys below is amazing. We stayed for 2 nights in a deluxe panoramic villa, I think this was worth the extra money as the unspoilt view from the top was beautiful. Never been to a hotel where you use cable cars to get around, quitre unique !!
The food in the hotel was very good - breakfast was a great buffet selection with fresh eggs cooked however you like. Dinner is more expensive than we paid elsewhere in Bali, but we expected that. I do agree with previous reviews that I would have liked a more affordable wine selection, but you find this everywhere in Bali and I was happy to experience the local Bali wine which was good.
I am glad that we had stayed in central Ubud for 2 nights previously though, because its not convenient to keep getting a taxi, it is quite a way out of Ubud. Other people have said they didn't mind, but I think if you experience the convenience of walking to the markets, attractions and restaurants of Ubud you'll agree that is a plus. We stayed in Komeneka at Monkey Forest Road which was beautiful too, fabulous room even though it was a standard one, location was great and setting was lovely too. Plus, in Ubud Hanging Gardens all we really wanted to do was relax and enjoy this beautiful hotel and our villa after all that is what we paid for.
The staff are extremely happy, helpful and friendly, a credit to the hotel. We also really enjoyed the school children coming to the hotel and making the petal offerings to the Gods and also their traditional Balinese dance performance.
As a honeymoon couple we got a present every day which was so thoughtful and made us feel really special, we were given a handmade necklace and cufflinks and then a box filled with lemongrass oil, Balinese long pepper and Balinese tea. Our room was amazing with our own infinity pool we felt like film stars, oh and loved the straw hats to use too !
I only wish we could have afforded to stay longer. After here we travelled South to Nusa Dua, staying in the Laguna Resort & Spa which was lovely but a bit soul-less in comparison to Komeneka and Ubud Hanging Gardens. If you want an extra special stay in paradise, stay in central Ubud first, then come and relax in Ubud Hanging Gardens !
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hanging Gardens of Bali is a luxurious destination in the heart of the jungle. It is situated near Payangan, a village North of Ubud, whilst the hotel rests in the centre of the magical island of Gods. The enchanting five star luxury resort has 44 private suites and individual villas, each enhanced by its own granite infinity pool, rippling into the jungle below. Each villa is designed with traditional Alang Alang thatched roofs in complete harmony with nature. In 2014, TripAdvisor and Conde Nast Traveller named our Twin-Tiered Cascading Pool as the World's Best Pool and number one honeymoon destination in Bali by Conde Nast Traveller. In 2015 Hanging Gardens of Bali has been awarded: World Luxury Hotels Awards, Seven Star Global Luxury Awards and World Travel Awards as well as other prestigious recognitions, such as the World Luxury Spa Awards and the World Luxury Restaurant Awards. The renowned Garden Restaurant serves innovative Indonesian dishes with Asian flare and Mediterranean delicacies flavoured with the local herbs and spices grown on the land and freshly-caught fish from the Jimbaran Bay. The truly luxurious Spa Collection combines natural, local ingredients and ancient techniques to create beauty therapies and treatments that soothe the mind, rejuvenate the body and energize the soul. Complimentary shuttles to Ubud center are scheduled daily for guests. The airport is around 90 minutes away by road depending on traffic. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Priceline, Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Cancelon, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, Cheap Tickets and TripOnline SA so you can book your Hanging Gardens of Bali reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ubud Hanging Gardens By Orient-Express Hotel Payangan
- Hanging Gardens Ubud
- Hanging Gardens Hotel Ubud
- Hanging Gardens Of Bali Payangan