We stayed here as part of a 3 centre tour of Bali, staying also at Ayana (ex Ritz Carlton) in Jimbaran & Le Meridien at Tanah Lot. As a family of 4 with 2 adult children, we wanted luxury & space so at all 3 properties we booked 2 bed private pool villas. The villas at both the Ayana & Le Meridien were fabulous; really luxurious & beautifully maintained. So we we extremely disappointed when we stepped into our 2 bed villa at Hanging Gardens. The upstairs bedroom was fine but the twin room downstairs was in a very sorry state. Spoke to the pleasant & understanding manager but nothing could be done as the hotel was full. So we just got on with it & that is when Hanging gardens started to weave its magic.
The setting is really spectacular & this, combined with truly wonderful staff made all our gripes disappear. To be fair, trying to maintain a resort built of wood in the middle of a tropical forest must be an uphill task as things deteriorate quickly in such conditions yet all the communal areas are very well maintained & extremely beautiful & I'm sure that the majority of the rooms are the same. If, like us, your children would like the same level of comfort as you, then I suggest booking two seperate villas rather than the 2 bed ones. Otherwise, the resort cannot be faulted. We found the food to be delicious & beautifully presented & there is a really magical feeling to the hotel.
The hotel has strong links with the local community which is good & it works hard to give something back by supporting the local school. Just about every menber of staff invited us around to their home in the village for tea which was very sweet & it was good to be able to see something of the real Bali. At first, we thought that the Hanging Gardens was not up to the same standards of other orient Express properties but we were so wrong; it is a very special place & we would highly recommend it. Many Thanks to all the staff for making our stay so wonderful.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hanging Gardens of Bali is a luxurious destination in the heart of the jungle. It is situated near Payangan, a village North of Ubud, whilst the hotel rests in the centre of the magical island of Gods. The enchanting five star luxury resort has 44 private suites and individual villas, each enhanced by its own granite infinity pool, rippling into the jungle below. Each villa is designed with traditional Alang Alang thatched roofs in complete harmony with nature. In 2014, TripAdvisor and Conde Nast Traveller named our Twin-Tiered Cascading Pool as the World's Best Pool and number one honeymoon destination in Bali by Conde Nast Traveller. In 2015 Hanging Gardens of Bali has been awarded: World Luxury Hotels Awards, Seven Star Global Luxury Awards and World Travel Awards as well as other prestigious recognitions, such as the World Luxury Spa Awards and the World Luxury Restaurant Awards. The renowned Garden Restaurant serves innovative Indonesian dishes with Asian flare and Mediterranean delicacies flavoured with the local herbs and spices grown on the land and freshly-caught fish from the Jimbaran Bay. The truly luxurious Spa Collection combines natural, local ingredients and ancient techniques to create beauty therapies and treatments that soothe the mind, rejuvenate the body and energize the soul. Complimentary shuttles to Ubud center are scheduled daily for guests. The airport is around 90 minutes away by road depending on traffic. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Priceline, Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Cancelon, getaroom.com and Evoline ltd so you can book your Hanging Gardens of Bali reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ubud Hanging Gardens By Orient-Express Hotel Payangan
- Hanging Gardens Ubud
- Hanging Gardens Hotel Ubud
- Hanging Gardens Of Bali Payangan