Waking to the mist clearing from the rain forest across the valley. The trees and morning sky reflected in the personal infinity pool. Not another person, or building in sight, apart from the ancient temple on the far side of the valley. Idyllic!
The hotel is a series of cottages, many with own sun-deck and infinity pools, set in levels on the steeply-sided vole. Surrounded by lush greenery and positioned for great privacy. The whole complex is served by a rather quaint funicular railway with ever-smiling driver.
The food is excellent and provides true local flavour, but with the precision and flare of a good French-trained chef. Wine is very expensive, but some of the local wines are good and provide best value.
The staff are wonderfully friendly and will do anything to please. A car with driver can be hired for the day or part of the day for just $15 per hour, and is the best way to see the local attractions and the many craft villages. Ask for driver Made Kramas. A friendly man with great local knowledge and infinite patience. He has good command of English. He needs our help as he is saving to put three girls through University with little or no help from the Government. I urge you to give him you custom and tip generously.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hanging Gardens of Bali is a luxurious destination in the heart of the jungle. It is situated near Payangan, a village North of Ubud, whilst the hotel rests in the centre of the magical island of Gods. The enchanting five star luxury resort has 44 private suites and individual villas, each enhanced by its own granite infinity pool, rippling into the jungle below. Each villa is designed with traditional Alang Alang thatched roofs in complete harmony with nature. In 2014, TripAdvisor and Conde Nast Traveller named our Twin-Tiered Cascading Pool as the World's Best Pool and number one honeymoon destination in Bali by Conde Nast Traveller. In 2015 Hanging Gardens of Bali has been awarded: World Luxury Hotels Awards, Seven Star Global Luxury Awards and World Travel Awards as well as other prestigious recognitions, such as the World Luxury Spa Awards and the World Luxury Restaurant Awards. The renowned Garden Restaurant serves innovative Indonesian dishes with Asian flare and Mediterranean delicacies flavoured with the local herbs and spices grown on the land and freshly-caught fish from the Jimbaran Bay. The truly luxurious Spa Collection combines natural, local ingredients and ancient techniques to create beauty therapies and treatments that soothe the mind, rejuvenate the body and energize the soul. Complimentary shuttles to Ubud center are scheduled daily for guests. The airport is around 90 minutes away by road depending on traffic. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, Priceline and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hanging Gardens of Bali reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ubud Hanging Gardens By Orient-Express Hotel Payangan
- Hanging Gardens Ubud
- Hanging Gardens Hotel Ubud
- Hanging Gardens Of Bali Payangan