This was our first stay here and our first stay in Bali and i went with a more secluded setting for my wife and I to start our Bali trip. This was magnificent, staff were very friendly and exceptionally helpful and the quality of this experience was amazing.
For those considering on booking ask for room #45 as its right at the end of the row of villas and right in the middle of the path that the monkeys take to come home at night and leave for the morning. We sat outside in the Bali hut at 7am in the morning and watched the monkeys leave for the day as they jumped from tree to tree and then made their way onto our balcony and in and out of our pool for a quick swim. it was amazing and we got some really close up photos, like 1 metre away. then in the afternoon at around 6pm we say again in the same spot and there must have been 20 monkeys come and play and swim on their way home for the day and they stayed for at least 40mins.
Food was great, cocktails were great and the trek we did down the hill, across the river and up the otherside to the temple was excellent (albeit i didnt know it was going to be that far and up so many steps, i recon 500 of them). Well worth it though as you sit at the temple and look back over the Hanging Gardens and reflect on the reason why you chose this as one of the best experiences you can have at a hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hanging Gardens of Bali is a luxurious destination in the heart of the jungle. It is situated near Payangan, a village North of Ubud, whilst the hotel rests in the centre of the magical island of Gods. The enchanting five star luxury resort has 44 private suites and individual villas, each enhanced by its own granite infinity pool, rippling into the jungle below. Each villa is designed with traditional Alang Alang thatched roofs in complete harmony with nature. In 2014, TripAdvisor and Conde Nast Traveller named our Twin-Tiered Cascading Pool as the World's Best Pool and number one honeymoon destination in Bali by Conde Nast Traveller. In 2015 Hanging Gardens of Bali has been awarded: World Luxury Hotels Awards, Seven Star Global Luxury Awards and World Travel Awards as well as other prestigious recognitions, such as the World Luxury Spa Awards and the World Luxury Restaurant Awards. The renowned Garden Restaurant serves innovative Indonesian dishes with Asian flare and Mediterranean delicacies flavoured with the local herbs and spices grown on the land and freshly-caught fish from the Jimbaran Bay. The truly luxurious Spa Collection combines natural, local ingredients and ancient techniques to create beauty therapies and treatments that soothe the mind, rejuvenate the body and energize the soul. Complimentary shuttles to Ubud center are scheduled daily for guests. The airport is around 90 minutes away by road depending on traffic. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Priceline, Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Cancelon, getaroom.com and Evoline ltd so you can book your Hanging Gardens of Bali reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ubud Hanging Gardens By Orient-Express Hotel Payangan
- Hanging Gardens Ubud
- Hanging Gardens Hotel Ubud
- Hanging Gardens Of Bali Payangan