We were staying in a villa in Seminyak for a week and so journeyed up to Ubud for just one night and stayed at the Hanging Gardens. Ubud is beautiful and full of interesting sights (and if you go there be sure to eat at the roast pig restaurant Ibu Oka by the way). The Hanging Gardens - - Wow what an amazing place. They really do 'hang' in a lush, jungle valley - the rooms are set into the jungle and reached by funicular railway. Each one had a fantastic, private infinity pool overlooking the jungle where you can see monkeys, various exotic brids and even a tree frog who watched us eating our breakfast. Rooms are fantastic. It's such a special place - would be amazing as a honeymoon destination though we took our two teenaged daughters and they loved the place. The staff are great and clearly love the place too. It's also apparent this hotel is very involved with supporting and working with the local community whch is to be admired. They had some local children come along at afternoon tea time to make kites - so sweet and good to experience a little local culture. There's a temple across the valley - when we were there a very long service was broadcasted via loud speakers which we felt added to the atmosphere though might not be everyone's cup of tea. The food is very good and the bar is nice. The two public infinity pools also extend over the jungle and are absolutely spectacular. The spa is small though special as treatments are outdoors though in a sheltered way - lovely to wake up from a long (and very competent) massage to the sights and sounds of the jungle. We've travelled a lot and been fortunate to stay in some amazing places though this one just about tops the lot if you're looking for luxury in a remote setting.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hanging Gardens of Bali is a luxurious destination in the heart of the jungle. It is situated near Payangan, a village North of Ubud, whilst the hotel rests in the centre of the magical island of Gods. The enchanting five star luxury resort has 44 private suites and individual villas, each enhanced by its own granite infinity pool, rippling into the jungle below. Each villa is designed with traditional Alang Alang thatched roofs in complete harmony with nature. In 2014, TripAdvisor and Conde Nast Traveller named our Twin-Tiered Cascading Pool as the World's Best Pool and number one honeymoon destination in Bali by Conde Nast Traveller. In 2015 Hanging Gardens of Bali has been awarded: World Luxury Hotels Awards, Seven Star Global Luxury Awards and World Travel Awards as well as other prestigious recognitions, such as the World Luxury Spa Awards and the World Luxury Restaurant Awards. The renowned Garden Restaurant serves innovative Indonesian dishes with Asian flare and Mediterranean delicacies flavoured with the local herbs and spices grown on the land and freshly-caught fish from the Jimbaran Bay. The truly luxurious Spa Collection combines natural, local ingredients and ancient techniques to create beauty therapies and treatments that soothe the mind, rejuvenate the body and energize the soul. Complimentary shuttles to Ubud center are scheduled daily for guests. The airport is around 90 minutes away by road depending on traffic. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Orbitz, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Ctrip TA, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hanging Gardens of Bali reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ubud Hanging Gardens By Orient-Express Hotel Payangan
- Hanging Gardens Ubud
- Hanging Gardens Hotel Ubud
- Hanging Gardens Of Bali Payangan