We stayed here on our honeymoon and were so pleased with our choice!
We had initially been a little worried about the distance outside of Ubud but this really wasnt an issue due to the free shuttle service and the number of activities you can plan from the hotel. On arrival we were struck by how beautiful the hotel is, and how proud all of the staff are of it. We were given lovely arrival drinks and shown around, before being taken to our room. The bath was prefilled with petals and every detail had been thought of for us.
The view from the room (and from basically everywhere in this hotel it seemed) was stunning. We stayed in a panoramic deluxe villa, and our view from bed was of our private infinity pool, the canopy of trees beyond and the beautiful temple across the valley. We even saw a monkey walking along the edge of our infinity pool from the bedroom!
When we arrived, I want very well, but the staff were so attentive and helpful, getting medications for me, driving us around when I wasnt up to walking and generally taking extremely good care of us. All the food was delicious and the atmosphere in the restaurant perfectly relaxed and intimate without being too intimidatingly quiet. And taking the funicular to tea lent a quirky edge which we loved. Not quite so sure how much they enjoyed me singing " Funiculi Funicula" every time we got on it, but no-one seemed to mind too much.
We would (and have already) highly recommend this hotel for honeymooners/couples. Would also particularly recommend the cooking lesson they can arrange for you, which is excellent value for money and just a short walk away in an idylllic garden with a lovely pool.
All in all, a lovely hotel with excellent staff and a stuning location.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hanging Gardens of Bali is a luxurious destination in the heart of the jungle. It is situated near Payangan, a village North of Ubud, whilst the hotel rests in the centre of the magical island of Gods. The enchanting five star luxury resort has 44 private suites and individual villas, each enhanced by its own granite infinity pool, rippling into the jungle below. Each villa is designed with traditional Alang Alang thatched roofs in complete harmony with nature. In 2014, TripAdvisor and Conde Nast Traveller named our Twin-Tiered Cascading Pool as the World's Best Pool and number one honeymoon destination in Bali by Conde Nast Traveller. In 2015 Hanging Gardens of Bali has been awarded: World Luxury Hotels Awards, Seven Star Global Luxury Awards and World Travel Awards as well as other prestigious recognitions, such as the World Luxury Spa Awards and the World Luxury Restaurant Awards. The renowned Garden Restaurant serves innovative Indonesian dishes with Asian flare and Mediterranean delicacies flavoured with the local herbs and spices grown on the land and freshly-caught fish from the Jimbaran Bay. The truly luxurious Spa Collection combines natural, local ingredients and ancient techniques to create beauty therapies and treatments that soothe the mind, rejuvenate the body and energize the soul. Complimentary shuttles to Ubud center are scheduled daily for guests. The airport is around 90 minutes away by road depending on traffic. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, Orbitz, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hanging Gardens of Bali reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ubud Hanging Gardens By Orient-Express Hotel Payangan
- Hanging Gardens Ubud
- Hanging Gardens Hotel Ubud
- Hanging Gardens Of Bali Payangan