2,691 results
All reviews plantation restaurant valley villa our honeymoon spice market infinity pool deluxe room tasting menu outdoor shower and bath rice fields afternoon tea local monkeys a la carte shuttle bus monkey forest out of this world pool side stunning views
Selected filters
Reviewed August 9, 2015 via mobile

We arrived late at night and when i woke up in the morning and saw the lush jungle outside my window my jaw dropped. Loved the stillness and remoteness of the hotel, sunset rice paddies walks, the food and the attention my family received from the whole Alila crew. Villa was absolutely superb and brand new)) thanks to all. Will be back soon)

Date of stay: January 2015
Trip type: Traveled with family

Great experience.

If you are thinking Bali is a cheap place to visit, it is but its not if you stay in the best hotels. Overall this hotel will cost you about the same as staying in the Hilton or Marriot.

Special highlights: twin massage 2 hour session plus 60 mins free (promotion By Alila at the moment)

Deluxe rooms: normal size for money, shower is perfect instant heat with a quality 'LUSH, like' shower gel, shampoo and conditioner) , and so close (room 206) to pool. We had a great view of the jungle too. Coffee is premium Instant... No Nespresso here, although a press is provided

Infinity Pool: good size, excellent considering the location.

Food: excellent food+ best dessert of holiday (mango sorbet, macaroons, dark chocolate ice cream and Chocolate ganache)

Service: polite but why salt and pepper is not a second nature 'deliver with breakfast'? We had to ask twice for it. Each day as food was cooling.

Tipping: just dont, the service charge covers it on every single order. From a 50p cookie to a £100 massage combination treatment, unless extra mile stuff is given.

TIPS: warm stone massage (ask about promotions they may be running.

Do the Tai Chi class!!

Enjoy a poached egg or two.

DONT LOOK A MONKEY IN THE EYE (im happy to be leaving in the morning, I got my lions/Monkeys mixed up and apparently like an elephant they Remember.

Enjoy your stay

(Mozzies: use coils outside 24/7, spray mozzie bug repellent everytime you leave the room, wear Deet or eat garlic by the multiple glove :-)

Date of stay: August 2015
Reviewed August 9, 2015 via mobile

It is a very beautiful hotel with an amazing scenery! The staff is very friendly! The view from the room and the bar/swimming pool is great! The food is excellent and has a high standard level. Unfortunatly there are als some points that needs to improve. There are only +- 15 beds at the swimming pool, we had to wait to get a chair. The staff doesnt always understands us (perfect english).The prices are very high for drinks, massage etc, even for European standard. That the hotel is 15min from the centre is a big plus for us. We enjoy the tranquillity. The shuttle bus is a nice service or a taxi is only 5 dollars from the hotel.

Date of stay: August 2015
Reviewed August 7, 2015

My husband and i stayed here for the first 4 nights of our honeymoon, the first thing we noticed is how peaceful it was, we knew we were in for total relaxation.

We first stayed in a Deluxe room, and then for our last night we upgraded to a Terrace tree villa, and my goodness was it worth it, we felt like absolute royalty. If you can, i would highly recommend upgrading, these villas can not be missed.

The staff are outstanding, and so so helpful, they will do everything they can to make sure you have a comfortable stay.
When in Ubud you must adventure, there is so much to do there! We stuck to tours organised with the hotel, you must go to the elephant sanctuary, you get to see them up close and have a ride on them, well worth a visit.
On our second day we went on the Balinese Lifestyle Tour, which was one of the highlights of our honeymoon, we had the most amazing tour guide, who's name we can not remember, but we was so friendly and informative, i wish we remembered your name so we can thank you personally!

We ate in the hotel restaurant every night, which supplies beautiful food with a wide variety, it is on the pricey side, but hey you're in a 5 star hotel! And every night the food was of the highest standard.

Needless to say, we didn't want to leave this hotel, if we can, we will absolutely be returning, thank you to everyone at the Alila who made the first part of our honeymoon an amazing one.

Kate and Alex Austin x

Date of stay: July 2015
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 7, 2015 via mobile

We stayed here for the last leg of our honeymoon and I was disappointed.

I don't know if I'm being unfair as we had come from a hotel which the alila couldn't compete with (sudamala suites in lombok) but it just wasn't what I expected.

We were meant to have a upgrade to a better room with outdoor bathroom and we were not allocated this room, it was nearly midnight and after travelling all day I didn't have the energy to fight out with staff for our upgraded room.

The standard rooms are no better than a travel lodge in size but do have amazing views.

I was expecting bugs etc as it is the middle of the jungle but there was a birds nest in the roof above my bed so every day without fail there was poo on the bedding! To be fair the staff always changed the bedding straight away on the days I pointed this out but it wasn't pleasant!

The issue with the roof wasn't dealt with, the days it rained the balcony flooded. The cleaning of the room wasn't great everyday when I opened the blinds I noticed dead insects in the gap between desk and window and the staff can't have missed this as they open the blinds and it was never cleaned. I got the feeling the standard rooms were just left out.

It was the small things that spoilt the stay like we were never allocated the welcome box we were expecting as honeymoons and had to ask for it, the upgraded free romantic dinner under the stairs was just in the restaurant instead of outside as my paperwork said it should be. At breakfast there was free tea, coffee juice etc but we were charged for water (£6 for 2 small bottles!!)

On the plus side, the views were amazing, the pool was great, the afternoon tea and shuttle bus into town were all great features. It was great that as honeymooners were had free massages, free lunch, free dinner etc but annoying that there were so many mistakes with the complimentary freebies. I would rather have not had the offer at all then have to repeatedly ask for what we were meant to been offered! It made the experience of the complimentary offers for honeymooners feel embarrassing instead of a treat.

There are positives to this place, the food in the restaurant was amazing, being so close to all the wildlife was a great experience , the views, some of the staff were very helpful but after paying so much for our honeymoon we just felt a bit let down the repeated mistakes.

We enjoyed the stay but we paid for luxury and this wasn't what we got.

Date of stay: July 2015
1  Thank LozzyC87
Alasdair D, General Manager at Alila Ubud, responded to this reviewResponded August 16, 2015

Dear LozzyC87,

Greetings from Alila Ubud and thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback of your recent stay.

From the outset, I would like to apologise for your overall experience, it is certainly not to the high standards which the team and I attain to and very disappointing, given the majority of wonderful feedback we normally receive.

It is unfortunate that we were unable to provide the complimentary upgrade, we do try to ensure that all guests are afforded their requests, however at 100% occupancy, it is sometimes difficult to meet all requests. The Front Office Manager and I have reviewed on how your situation could have been handled better and we have already put in place procedure to make sure our guest expectations are met and if not that I am personally involved in being able to rectify a concern.

Our superior rooms may be considered smaller when comparing to newer properties, however the view and location certainly do make up for the size shortcomings. We are already in process of extending the roof over the balcony in the superior rooms to ensure the area is usable regardless of weather conditions and look forward to completion of all rooms in the coming months, it is a large scale project and will take some time to complete properly.

I have also addressed your feedback on the celebration box upon arrival and can note that you had received the items individually placed in your room due to lack of boxes (which have now been re-ordered) and upon request, a second set of amenities in the box was placed on the second day after you spoke with our Front Office Team. We have also undertaken training with our guest engagement teams on how to trace guest inclusions in our computer system so as to alleviate any further confusions with future guests.

In regards to water at breakfast, we do offer complimentary filtered water upon request and our food & beverage team have undergone retraining to ensure all guests are advised that bottled still / sparkling water is chargeable when requesting.

Once again, I do thank you for taking the time to allow us the opportunity to improve our guest services and am contactable at adavidson@alilahotels.com should I be able to assist further with your feedback.

The team and I do hope you will consider staying at Alila Ubud in the future and allow us the opportunity to reaffirm our dedication to amazing guest service and experiences. Please feel free to contact me directly so I may be able to organise your stay arrangements.

Kind Regards,