First off, I must be clear... we only came here to have a look, having read about the hotel. We stayed for a drink in the restaurant and had a quick look round. We did not spend the night.
The setting is lovely - very beautiful, but very, very isolated!
When we first arrived, the gentleman at reception didn't understand we just wanted a drink, so we found the restaurant ourselves.
The waitress spoke very halting English, but was very pleasant.
Quite a few of the items we tried to order off the beverage list were unavailable, including a lot of the juices.
I used the toilet facilities by the swimming pool - not clean, flush not working, smelt not clean, there was a cheap bottle of handsoap by the washbasin but no towels, so you left with wet hands, also no garbage bin in the bathroom area.
The swimming pool water was not at all clean and looked very murky.
The views from the rooms are spectacular, and from a brief glimpse inthrough the windows the rooms looked very nice.
For the prices quoted for rooms, I'm not sure it would work out at value for money. However, the setting is spectacular and for one night - if you have your own transport, I think it might be nice to stay there.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A mountainside retreat located on the edge of the Palasari Reservoir, near The West Bali National Park, 90 kilometers from Ngurah Rai international airport. Built on 8 hectares or 20 acres of naturally landscaped rain forest land, overlooking the reservoir, lagoon, mountainous valley, terraced paddy fields and distance Java sea. Each room is surrounded by naturally landscaped tropical rain forest with 180 degree view from large glass window. Entrance to the villa courtyard is over a suspended wooden bridge that enhances the feel of a unique architectural design achievement. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Asiatravel.com Holdings, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Hotwire, Agoda and HotelQuickly so you can book your Taman Wana Villas and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Taman Wana Villas Hotel Negara
- Taman Wana Villas And Spa Bali/Negara