“Awesome place”
Review of Aditya Homestay

Aditya Homestay
Ranked #1 of 28 Munduk B&B and Inns
Reviewed June 1, 2014 via mobile

We are doing a tour of Bali and I can say this is the best place to be!
Good price, excellent cheap food, the view is gorgeous (try to get room n°6) and the staff is the nicest ever.

You have two nice waterfalls, rice fields, coffee plantations and a lot of hikes to do.

I had a problem with my back and they healed me with traditional ways (herbs, cocktails, healing massage,...).

When we left we received some fruits, water, fresh vanilla, a pack of fresh coffee and a warm goodbye.

So lovely!

Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple

Reviewed May 22, 2014 via mobile

The bedroom was very comfortable. There is no air conditioning but Munduk is in the mountain so it's not as hot as the rest of Bali (we were there in May).

The staff is very friendly and helpful, the food amazing, we had all our meals in the homestay's restaurant and people from other homestay's were also coming here for their meals.

They arranged us some visits and also explained us how to go to the waterfalls on our own.

Highly recommended.

• Stayed: May 2014
Reviewed May 8, 2014

Aditya home stay is great! We will have stayed for 3 nights, after tonight.
The staff are lovely and extremely helpful, helping with any questions. The rooms are very affordable, clean and new, good bed, clean bathroom, fan in room (a/c not needed up in the mountains as nights are cooler than other parts of bali), amazing view over the valley and mountains.
Nice breakfast in the morning looking over the mountains which is included and free wifi! All that you could ever need.
You can walk to munduk waterfall from here 3.5hr walk and explore the beautiful village.
Thankyou Aditya

Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 20, 2014

We stayed 4 nights at Aditya Homestay, and really enjoyed our time there. Our room, number 6, had a spectacular view of the nearby mountains, and we sat each evening on our terrace and watched as the clouds turned from fluffy white, to pink, to black, and the lights of the valley villages came on and twinkled below. Magical! We hated to leave! The room was exceptionally clean and well-maintained, the bed was comfortable and complete with mosquito netting, there was a fan (which we didn't need as it cooled off sufficiently in the evening), and a spacious bathroom with hot water, soap and good pressure. Our hosts were so kind, doing everything possible to make our stay a happy one. They gave us a map of several area walks, and we thoroughly enjoyed these, especially the one to the 2 waterfalls. They also arranged transport to the botanical gardens near Danau Bratan and to Lake Tamblingan, where we went on a superbly-guided hike and canoe ride. Another day, we participated in the Mayong Tracking Adventure in a village nearby, and this was one of the highlights of our trip to Bali. The food in the restaurant at Aditya Homestay was very tasty. We especially enjoyed the fish, the satays and the delicious fruit smoothies. Yes, as a previous reviewer noted, there is some minimal construction going on within the compound at this time, yes, Munduk has lots of motorcycles and roosters that awaken you early, and yes, the room lacks a wardrobe (we used the metal rack to lay out our things), but this is part of the charm of staying at a homestay and not a three or four-star hotel! We will definitely stay here again if we are ever back in Munduk!

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ChumandJan
Reviewed March 4, 2014

This was my first stay in Munduk and I chose Aditya based on the reviews here. The place was empty when I arrived so I got to choose my room: chose number 6, as it has the best view of the entire compound. Nothing wrong with the staff, very kind and obliging and helpful. Very clean room and impeccable surroundings. Gorgeous view from the room.
In spite of a generally positive impression when I first arrived, I soon realized that there was something majorly wrong with my room - and the problem is this: lack of privacy. You see, the door to the room opens from the side, not from the front where you get the gorgeous views, and since the original set of six rooms was built, they added a new wing (still being finished when I visited) located directly across from the front entrance of the rooms - and, for some reason, when I stayed at Aditya, I had the entire family as well as construction workers sitting, standing and working directly across from the entrance to my room down below. I'm not saying they were looking at me or spying on me, but still I just felt as if I were inhabiting their living room. To remedy this, you have to shut the curtains to get a feeling of privacy, but the curtains are in front of the (only) room door, making it awkward to come it or out of the room once the curtains are shut.
Actually, when you look at room number 6 more closely, you realize that it was very poorly designed. For example, when standing in front of the sink, you're staring at a light switch, while the mirror is on the wall to your left. Try brushing you teeth or shaving without making a mess - not a simple task! And the towel rack in the bathroom sticks way out over the toilet, making it a hazard (I did hurt my left arm slightly). The only power outlet close to the bed is hidden behind the mosquito netting of the bed and hard to reach. The two chairs placed strategically outside the room to take in the view are pretty to look at but very uncomfortable to sit in. There is no closet to hang your clothes, nowhere at all to hang anything actually, just a cheap metal towel rack that sits in the tiny living space. And the list goes on.
The other things that irked me were the dismally poor internet connection - only seems to be reliable early in the morning before people get up, if at all; the overall blandness (and blah-ness) of the food in the restaurant; and the constant motorbike/scooter noise you hear from early morning to early evening. Some reviewers have pointed out that Aditya is not on the main road: that is correct and thank God for that! But Munduk, with its very hilly landscape, in spite of being in the mountains and quite far from any major urban center on the island, has got to be the motorbike noise capital of Bali. Being away from the main road does help, but even the small side street on which Aditya is located is home to a symphony of motor noise from sunrise to sunset. Even making your way to the waterfalls and the rice fields (the two treks recommended by the home stay) will likely put you in the path of many scooters. My conclusion: if you want to walk quietly and admire the beauty around you, do not pick Munduk.
The saving grace of this little home stay is its ultra kind staff, its comfortable beds and the quietness of the surroundings come night time. But for the price, you can enjoy a much better lodging experience in Bali.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo
3  Thank Marc M
Reviewed February 11, 2014

I stay there only 1 night but I have a very very excellent experience. I come to aditya in the middle night but the owner still help us to parking our car. And when our 15 months baby need hot water in the middle night, he also give us the hot water (without any charge).and he also give my baby sitter extra bed, breakfast, and hot tea (also without any charge). I never expected that there is a hotel like that. Very very unexpected and very very thank you. This is the only one hotel that I know very best in doing hospitality service. The shop (aditya shop) also have a good price (not expensive). The food also not expensive. You can't imagine how happy you're when you stay there. The room and bathroom is very clean with the best view also (the best view in room 6). This is my best best experience to stay at aditya homestay. Although this is a homestay, but the service is very very better than a hotel. Thank you aditya homestay

• Stayed: February 2014
Reviewed February 2, 2014

I was blown away by the attention to detail, the cleanliness, the superb service and the very personal staff. My son, who is 18 and I stayed here in January and it was the highlight of my trip in Bali. Because we are extremely interested in Balinese culture, we savored the conversations we had with the owner and staff. The delightful woman who works there was 7 months pregnant, and I got to learn about birth in Bali. Being a nurse myself, I was curious about it all. The wonderful staff even sports a super cute white pomeranian named Micki. They provided us with a guided trekking experience that was fantastic! Up close to the rice paddies, jungle, and learning about the natural surroundings on the way to the waterfall. The guide, Komang Lucu, was so informative, I found the way there to be even more interesting than the waterfall itself. After a long day, I wanted a massage. They arranged this with a local spa, and it was truly the best massage I had in Bali. It is a bit chilly up there, so I opted for the Hot Stone massage. As others have commented, the views were spectacular. I think of my time there often, and hope to return.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family