“Fabulous!”

Ranked #1 of 26 Munduk B&B and Inns
Istanbul, Turkey
“Fabulous!”
Reviewed September 8, 2012

I stayed at Aditya for four nights in August 2012. I had intended to stay only three nights but extended my stay another night, and even then, I was nearly in tears having to leave that lovely place! Munduk itself is charming; I had some doubts when I first drove through, but it turned out to be one of my favorite places on the island. The friendly people, the lovely scenery, the peacefulness of the place, the smell of cloves in the air... What made it an even better experience was staying at Aditya Home Stay. The rooms were spotlessly clean and very comfortable; the views from the upstairs rooms spectacular; and the owners, just wonderful. Kind, hospitable, attentive but discreet, truly concerned about the comfort of their guests. And the food was fantastic, thanks to Ilo's artistry in the kitchen. I would very much like to do a cooking class with her on my next visit, which I hope will be very soon!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
  • Czech first
  • Indonesian first
Noordwijk, The Netherlands
Reviewed August 25, 2012

“We really were guests! Ilou and Putu do everything to comfort you. The homestay is one year old, so everything shines and works. Hot shower, good beds, lovely food for very good value, a terrace with view over the valley; through them we got the best masseur on our whole 33 day trip. A real family-business.
Everything was OK! “

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed August 16, 2012

My husband and I stayed at Aditya Homestay in Munduk in March 2012. We came for one night and stayed for three. The rooms are spotlessly clean and very comfortable, the views from the upstairs rooms just breathtaking, and the people who own this place could (and should) write the manual on worldwide hotel hospitality. Wow. Warm, kind, generous, helpful, tactful, discreet, caring, attentive to details (like leaving umbrellas by our door when it was raining outside)... just flawless. It is also hands down one of the best places to eat in Bali (we were in Bali one month and the best food we ate was at Aditya Homestay). Everything was super fresh and made with love. If you go to Munduk, do not miss out on this place and the wonderful people (owners and staff) who operate it with such loving care.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 12, 2012

Best place in Munduk, moreover Aditya is definitely the best place I've stayed in Bali!!
The owners are so friendly and warm welcoming! And they're great cooks as well, the food is one of the best I've had, Balinese breakfast is fantastic as is the Bali tea.
Definitely a place not to miss out on, as is visiting Munduk, a small town much less touristic from other places and some awesome nature! (rice fields, waterfalls and very open and friendly people in town and surroundings)
I liked it that much after a 3 days stay, so decided to come back for another 4 days without any regrets.
The family really makes you feel at home here and all with excellent service. Rooms brand new, comfortable and very clean/well looked after.
No negative comments at all.

• Stayed August 2012
1 Thank Travellerv3
Reviewed July 30, 2012

This hotel is since one year open, off the main road. Rooms upstairs have an incredible view pver the green hills and as far as the sea. This is definitely going to be one of the top places to stay in bali.

• Stayed July 2012
1 Thank backpackfamilie
BURLINGTON
Reviewed June 19, 2012

We stayed here for four nights in late May and are so happy we did so. The room was lovely - the only thing we really would have liked would have been some storage place for clothing( but looking at another place we noted the same concern), otherwise we were pleased with everything. Free wifi was a nice plus and the breakfast was great (you had a choice of 6 options) and for IDR10000 my husband and I would share a large plate of fresh fruit. The food here was some of the best we had in Indonesia at some of the best prices ever. Ilo is a great cook and everything is prepared fresh so you may have to wait a bit but just meant you could watch the view from the restaurant a bit longer.

But more than anything was the gracious hospitality we were shown. Made even more noticeable when I sprained my foot while hiking - I was presented with a mug of hot Ginger Tea to help ease the pain. Then my husband developed a high fever from an infection and the attention he was given, from a warm rice dish to special cakes, was so appreciated. Their concern and attention was over and above what we expected. As someone else has stated , our stay at Aditya Homestay was the highlight of our 3 week visit to Bali, even though we were unable to do all the things we had planned for in the area. If you want to experience true Balinese hospitality than you should think about staying here!

Room Tip: For the best views views chose an upstairs room #'s 4-6.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Newfie43
United States
Reviewed May 31, 2012

We stayed as a couple for four nights in one of the upper floor rooms. The staff/owners are wonderful friendly people. The room was spotlessly clean with a comfortable bed. Views from the balcony of the rice terraces are incredible. The included breakfast was one of the best we had in Bali. I had the Balinese pancakes one morning which were interesting. In fact we took all our meals there as the food was very good and inexpensive. Ilo is a very good cook. We booked a tour of the area for a day and Ilo accompanied us and her husband was the driver. He is a careful driver. It was great fun to have Ilo accompany us at the market as she was able to explain things we did not understand. She also teaches a cooking course. This was one of the highlights of our stay in Bali. I would love to return some day.

Room Tip: get an upper level room for fantastic views
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Peripateti
Also consider these accommodations in or near Munduk
The Damai
Villa Dua Bintang
Villa Dua Bintang
#1 of 22 in Munduk
Munduk Moding Plantation

Been to Aditya Homestay? Share your experiences!